Drunk Idea: Mandible Growth Idea

Babushkacatlady

Babushkacatlady

Iron
I am very drunk and I have an idea on how to "grow" your Mandible, get ready for the big enchilada fellow looksmaxers:

in growth we know that the mandible grows in a type 2 forward rotation where your chin rotates forward while your ramuss gets longer

look at that beauty

what if we did this in someone who isn't growing

we know the condyle can remodel in adults based on if the mandible is postured in a certain way or even if the condyle is cut off it can regrow, so why not use this??

What if we chronically slightly dislocated the condyle in a downwards and forwards fashion while biting stably with our incisors

on a macro scale it'd look like this:

forgive the shitty visuals I am drunk as fuck I might redo these tomorrow

Attachments

• 1618289304022.png
    1618289304022.png
    393.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 1618289652048.png
    1618289652048.png
    529.3 KB · Views: 33
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 15854, AscendingHero, Celexawer and 2 others
if that was possible it would already be known in the orthodontic community

• JFL
  • Woah
  • +1
Reactions: onfiresems, Philtrumcel and AutisticBeaner
we should get drunk together

• JFL
Reactions: Bewusst
BleakThisChipmunk-small.gif

• +1
Reactions: Bewusst
Moving the teeth like that would take some time I think
If it's possible...

if that was possible it would already be known in the orthodontic community
Nah orthodontics are years behind in technology. Many orthodontist still claim that malocclusions are genetic

• +1
Reactions: AsGoodAsItGets and AutisticBeaner
Nah orthodontics are years behind in technology. Many orthodontist still claim that malocclusions are genetic
they are

• JFL
Reactions: RecessedPrettyboy
@N1c the malocclusions i mean. they are genetic.

No they are clearly not. They can’t even name the genes that should be responsible for that
there's an obvious pattern where kids get the same malocclusions their parents have.

• JFL
Reactions: Tasty17 and RecessedPrettyboy
there's a clear pattern where kids inherit their parents malocclusions.
No. Take me for example all my parents and my brother have perfect occlusion meanwhile I have shit. If it’s genetic I must be adopted

• +1
Reactions: Tasty17
No. Take me for example all my parents and my brother have perfect occlusion meanwhile I have shit. If it’s genetic I must be adopted
what kind of malocclusion? did all of your family have naturally good occlusion?
if your malocclusion is slight i would believe you.

what kind of malocclusion? did all of your family have naturally good occlusion?
if your malocclusion is slight i would believe you.
My pallet is narrow and teeth crooked with an almost class 3 malocclusion

how is the part of the ramus near the tmj supposed to grow upwards into the original position like that in the 3rd pic?

Easy bro you’re gonna make surgeons run out of business.

• Ugh..
  • JFL
Reactions: FinallyAscended and Salludon
My pallet is narrow and teeth crooked with an almost class 3 malocclusion
you sure non of your parents/grandparents had braces as a kid??

@N1c the malocclusions i mean. they are genetic.
Yes you are correct, there are definitely obvious patterns that seem to be genetic. But I think these genes actually control unconscious innervation and sympathetic nervous response, so in the case of an airway obstruction the child will hold their tongue, jaw, and lips in a certain way (probably genetically programmed) to overcome it and that causes the malocclusion. This explains why there are lots of overbites in europeans, bidental protrusions in Africans and some asians, and underbites in some asians. But in the absence of airway obstruction, and the prescence of breastfeeding till age 2-3 or so, children will hold the proper oral posture and grow to be forward grown adults.

how is the part of the ramus near the tmj supposed to grow upwards into the original position like that in the 3rd pic?
It's stretched out. The condyle can remodel based on the position it is postured to. If you were to jut forward in an underbite position almost all day everyday for 6-12 months, the condyle that came out of its socket will remodel back into it and you will be stuck with the underbite.

we should get drunk together
For sure brother

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15854, AscendingHero and AutisticBeaner
I am very drunk and I have an idea on how to "grow" your Mandible, get ready for the big enchilada fellow looksmaxers:

in growth we know that the mandible grows in a type 2 forward rotation where your chin rotates forward while your ramuss gets longer

View attachment 1088008

look at that beauty

what if we did this in someone who isn't growing

we know the condyle can remodel in adults based on if the mandible is postured in a certain way or even if the condyle is cut off it can regrow, so why not use this??

What if we chronically slightly dislocated the condyle in a downwards and forwards fashion while biting stably with our incisors

on a macro scale it'd look like this:

View attachment 1088025
View attachment 1088028

View attachment 1088027

forgive the shitty visuals I am drunk as fuck I might redo these tomorrow
i couldnt undersatnd your post. so what we do? jut to remodel?

ah ok nvm, see ur recent comment
Yes you are correct, there are definitely obvious patterns that seem to be genetic. But I think these genes actually control unconscious innervation and sympathetic nervous response, so in the case of an airway obstruction the child will hold their tongue, jaw, and lips in a certain way (probably genetically programmed) to overcome it and that causes the malocclusion. This explains why there are lots of overbites in europeans, bidental protrusions in Africans and some asians, and underbites in some asians. But in the absence of airway obstruction, and the prescence of breastfeeding till age 2-3 or so, children will hold the proper oral posture and grow to be forward grown adults.

It's stretched out. The condyle can remodel based on the position it is postured to. If you were to jut forward in an underbite position almost all day everyday for 6-12 months, the condyle that came out of its socket will remodel back into it and you will be stuck with the underbite.

For sure brother

you get results from this? what about protruding lower lip?

I have enough mandible. I need to fix my freaking underbite.

i was thinking to get underbite then pull lower maxilla to match it, but idk, might chimpmaxx