Ego TEST: Can you FULLY accept gifts of any sort, big or small?

D

Deleted member 20704

Doesn't vibe with humans much anymore.
IME people with big egos hate accepting gifts from someone, especially if that gift isn't "good enough" for them or from the right person or etc.

Meanwhile I think people with smaller egos just have that IDGAF, casual attitude toward being a gift recipient: they don't mind who, what, where, etc. mostly. They have no hang-ups over quality, personhood, relations, etc. -- they'll take gifts & usually appreciate them, whereas big ego folks can't simply do that the same way. I can be wrong somewhat, but I think my idea here is at least weakly substantiated, no?

And I don't mean the behind your back, mock and toss away gifts but put up a fake, friendly front of gratitude...

I mean ACTUALLY accepting things given, & not under any particular social confines, connections that might bruise some & their egos otherwise.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Ken and Rt-Rust1
IME people with big egos hate accepting gifts from someone, especially if that gift isn't "good enough" for them or from the right person or etc.

Meanwhile I think people with smaller egos just have that IDGAF, casual attitude toward being a gift recipient: they don't mind who, what, where, etc. mostly. They have no hang-ups over quality, personhood, relations, etc. -- they'll take gifts and appreciate them, whereas big ego folks can't simply do that unbothered. I can be wrong somewhat, but I think my idea here is at least weakly substantiated, no?
I don't think it has to do with ego. Megalomaniac dictators have been known to flaunt gifts given to them by foreign dignitaries and whatnot. In my experience meeker individuals have a harder time accepting gifts.

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 17791

Meanwhile I think people with smaller egos just have that IDGAF, casual attitude toward being a gift recipient: they don't mind who, what, where, etc. mostly. They have no hang-ups over quality, personhood, relations, etc. -- they'll take gifts & usually appreciate them, whereas big ego folks can't simply do that the same way. I can be wrong somewhat, but I think my idea here is at least weakly substantiated, no?

And I don't mean the behind your back, mock and toss away gifts but put up a fake, friendly front of gratitude...

I mean ACTUALLY accepting things given, & not under any particular social confines, connections that might bruise some & their egos otherwise.
This has made me lost many many opportunities in life. So many

I don't think it has to do with ego. Megalomaniac dictators have been known to flaunt gifts given to them by foreign dignitaries and whatnot. In my experience meeker individuals have a harder time accepting gifts.

But isn't that to just self-praise like an egoist would do?

They don't have an earnest character if they only take from others to show off as if it's their own self-importance that must matter > all.

Just because you flaunt it doesn't mean you have to like something as it can just be a way to try and tell others you're superior because others made an effort to gift to you, not that you actually care about receiving a gift or anything of that nature aside from bragging.

It's like charity ... If you have to scream to the world you're doing it then it doesn't come across the same as doing it mostly in private.

Last edited:
This has made me lost many many opportunities in life. So many

Not accepting gifts? :unsure:

I generally just take anything people give me. Some kids gave me candy once and I definitely appreciated that ... free food and all :LOL:

The only gifts I will accept are sexual favors (from men)

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: BoneDensity and Deleted member 17791
Not accepting gifts? :unsure:

I generally just take anything people give me. Some kids gave me candy once and I definitely appreciated that ... free food and all :LOL:
My aunt offered me a pair of shoes, my mother offered me money, somebody offered to pay me to go to the gym, my aunt and grandma have offered me clothes, a guy ofering me a job. My grandpas offering me food lol I've tmdeclined so much stuff that I then though why I declined, just because of not wanted to be in debt or out of shame

Sounds retarded.

I love receiving goodies. It matters not where it comes from, only that I receive stuff

• +1
Reactions: Ken
But isn't that to just self-praise like an egoist would do?

They don't have an earnest character if they only take from others to show off as if it's their own self-importance that must matter > all.

Just because you flaunt it doesn't mean you have to like something as it can just be a way to try and tell others you're superior because others made an effort to gift to you, not that you actually care about receiving a gift or anything of that nature aside from bragging.

It's like charity ... If you have to scream to the world you're doing it then it doesn't come across the same as doing it mostly in private.
Bla bla bla.......you talk too much.

You are objectively retarded for not taking free shit when its handed to you, muh pride you take everything that can possibly benefit you, it's also socially wrong to decline gifts as well. You niggas are so retarded