Endoscopic Lift of mid face. Improving eye area and overall mid face.

stressftw

stressftw

Sry for not answering DMs, taking a break from .me
Im about to go for this procedure in 1 month to elevate my lower eyelids and fix tear through, i will might aswell go under fat transfer on upper and lower eyelid.

This procedure seems to be way less invasive than traditional lift, scarless and focused on specific areas, it can be done on upper and lower face also.
Also, it seems that endoscopic lift is not focused on middle aged people, but mainly to fix anatomic issues/deformities of face.

It seems to be specially good for people that have tear through like i do have.

Anyone here have this procedure done?

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 73
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 72
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 65
  • 1646.fig.13.jpg
    1646.fig.13.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 61
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4054
I need a midface lift because of residual tissue descent from cheek implants that were botched and removed. What tissue plane does your surgeon perform it in? If it's subperiosteal (which is probably best but not performed much any more) there will still be a lot of swelling and a long healing time. If it's SMAS like that study you posted it will heal faster

As for results, Oscar Ramirez pioneered the endoscopic midface lift, and used to do a TON of them in the 2000s even in younger people. It tends to pull the malar tissue up diagonally rather than straight up, so some didn't like the look they ended up with.

I need a midface lift because of residual tissue descent from cheek implants that were botched and removed. What tissue plane does your surgeon perform it in? If it's subperiosteal (which is probably best but not performed much any more) there will still be a lot of swelling and a long healing time.

As for results, Oscar Ramirez pioneered the endoscopic midface lift, and used to do a TON of them in the 2000s even in younger people. It tends to pull the malar tissue up diagonally rather than straight up, so some didn't like the look they ended up with.
I will go for the right questions next consultation

I really dont care about long healing periods, so, i will opt for the best outcome method and read a little bit about it before book the surgery.
I feel that i need a reposition and lift of my malar fat right under my undereye, they also use surgical strings to prevent further drop of the lift.

• +1
doesnt this lifts only last a few month?

Like any facelift it lasts about a decade
my question:

consider 2 timelines:

1. timeline:

you dont get any face lift.

2. timeline

you do get a facelift

no if we look at both timelines 10 years later. is there any difference? i could imagine even though in the second timeline after 10 years of ageing the results of facelift might be gone it would be still better compared to the timeline where there was no facelift at all?

• +1
Typically it will still be better than having never had one

my question:

consider 2 timelines:

1. timeline:

you dont get any face lift.

2. timeline

you do get a facelift

no if we look at both timelines 10 years later. is there any difference? i could imagine even though in the second timeline after 10 years of ageing the results of facelift might be gone it would be still better compared to the timeline where there was no facelift at all?
It will. The "lasting" question of lifts is a debatable matter. When u lift up a part of your face due to an anatomic flaw like i want to do (tear through deformity) the results will most likely be more permanent/long lasting. The thing is, majority of people that go under lifts go because of aging(loss of fat, collagen, and fat moving downard). And they usually dont go for endoscopic lift, they go for the standard lift procedure which, is less specific and tends to only pull your skin and cut the excess.

Despite the reason(anatomic structure or aging) u will keep getting old and the tendency is that the fat in your face will kep moving downard as you age and you will naturally keep losing collagen, thus, needing further lifting procedures or another procedures if u want to keep youthful look.

Endoscopic lifts lasts 10 to 15 years, and sincerely, is unpredictable to know how permanent the effects of the procedure are at that point, because major changes in your facial structure already took place. Nonetheless, 10 to 15 years is long lasting enough to me. I wouldnt mind doing it again after another 10 years for example.

Last edited:
It will. The "lasting" question of lifts is a debatable matter. When u lift up a part of your face due to an anatomic flaw like i want to do (tear through deformity) the results will most likely be more permanent/long lasting. The thing is, majority of people that go under lifts go because of aging(loss of fat, collagen, and fat moving downard). And they usually dont go for endoscopic lift, they go for the standard lift procedure which, is less specific and tends to only pull your skin and cut the excess.

Despite the reason(anatomic structure or aging) u will keep getting old and the tendency is that the fat in your face will kep moving downard as you age and you will naturally keep losing collagen, thus, needing further lifting procedures or another procedures if u want to keep youthful look.

Endoscopic lifts lasts 10 to 15 years, and sincerely, is unpredictable to know how permanent the effects of the procedure are at that point, because major changes in your facial structure already took place. Nonetheless, 10 to 15 years is long lasting enough to me. I wouldnt mind doing it again after another 10 years for example.
yes i thought about this question in reference to canthopexy (note: not canthoplasty) which is basically a lift for the lower eyelid

there doctors also say it isnt permanent but i alwqys wondered what they mean by that. obviously it doesnt press a button that stops ageing and gravity so you will look different 10 years after the procedure - however if 10 years later you would still look better compared to 10 years later uf you wouldnt have get the procedure its a "permanent" result on my watch

nice

but why does it last longer then this eyelift (cateyes) that this turkish doctor offers (that only lasts a few weeks/months)

where is the difference regarding technique?

Endoscopic lifting, move your face structure under muscles/fat/nerves through a hole in your head, all structure is moved, and of course u will need support of fat or implant if u lack bones to support.

The procedure this doctor use is probably the called "support wires" here in Brazil. Is a non-invasive procedure that uses a string to lift your midface the string passes under your cheek and is temporary, it gets absorbed by your body and effect last few months

yes i thought about this question in reference to canthopexy (note: not canthoplasty) which is basically a lift for the lower eyelid

there doctors also say it isnt permanent but i alwqys wondered what they mean by that. obviously it doesnt press a button that stops ageing and gravity so you will look different 10 years after the procedure - however if 10 years later you would still look better compared to 10 years later uf you wouldnt have get the procedure its a "permanent" result on my watch
I cant tell you for sure where canthopexy falls into "lift" cathegory. Specially because here in Brazil this nomenclature is almost not used by doctors because the translation sounds extremly technical. They name it lift or even lower blepharoplasty, so is hard to tell the specific difference. I would have to read more about about endoscopic lift and canthopexy to know specifically the differences, because to me they seem to have big similarities.

If any experienced member here can differentiate it, would be awesome.

Last edited:
Canthopexy

Canthopexies are now integrated to blepharoplasties of the luwer lid
. They are of two types: with and without canthotomy. The canthopexy technique we employ is not associated with canthotomy and avoids having to release the lateral canthal tendon. We attach the lateral canthal ligaments to the periosteum of the orbital rim with nonabsorbable suturing material through the superior blepharoplasty wound. 118 patients have been submitted to this procedure. The procedure is quick, greatly reduces morbidity and may be employed in blepharoplasties when there is moderate lid flacidity.

---------

Endoscopic lift

The endoscopic midface lift is an intervention through which we stretch the skin of the cheekbones and that surrounding the eyes (crow’s feet) through small incisions. It is recommended for patients over the age of 45 and also for those having an aged appearance.

The endoscopic midface lift may be associated with a frontal endoscopic facelift, a cervico-facial lift and blepharoplasty.

It seems that endoscopic lift is a little bit more in-depth since it can be added to canthopexy but extends to other areas of midface

Endoscopic lifting, move your face structure under muscles/fat/nerves through a hole in your head, all structure is moved, and of course u will need support of fat or implant if u lack bones to support.

The procedure this doctor use is probably the called "support wires" here in Brazil. Is a non-invasive procedure that uses a string to lift your midface the string passes under your cheek and is temporary, it gets absorbed by your body and effect last few months
they dont use strings in the first method? how do they fix it?

I cant tell you for sure where canthopexy falls into "lift" cathegory. Specially because here in Brazil this nomenclature is almost not used by doctors because the translation sounds extremly technical. They name it lift or even lower blepharoplasty, so is hard to tell the specific difference. I would have to read more about about endoscopic lift and canthopexy to know specifically the differences, because to me they seem to have big similarities.

If any experienced member here can differentiate it, would be awesome.

"canthopexy: A canthopexy is a canthal tendon tightening procedure that is performed with a stitch and does not require reconstruction of the lateral canthal tend. its literally just that. a stich that aims to make everything a bit more tighter.

canthoplasty: Canthoplasty is a lateral canthal reconstruction that involves much more extensive surgery on these tissues. Generally the canthal angle is split and typically the lower limb of the lateral canthal tendon is severed from the orbital rim. The lower eyelid is shortened and a new lateral canthal angel is reformed with sutures. Non-oculplastic surgeons generally to a poor job with the lateral canthoplasty. This is a fussy surgery and it requires quite a bit of specialize training, skills, and experience to perform satisfactorily. Properly done, a canthoplasty can last a life time. Canthopexy, not so much.

lower eyelid retraction: broad term, that contains several different procedures and operations. from canthopexy to inserting grafts etc"

• +1
Reactions: stressftw
they dont use strings in the first method? how do they fix it?
By a conventional facelift, the skin is pulled at the level of the wound edges, far from the saging skin parts in the midface, which should be elevated. A conventional facelift is therefore not effective for the redraping, reposition and fixation of the midface skin. This disadvantage of the average facelift technique is compensated by internal skin fixation of the TEM lift. A further advantage of the internal skin anchorage is to prevent pulling of the hair bearing skin, to prevent excising too much from it and to prevent sliding back the hairline too much. The goal of any facelift is to elevate the sagging soft tissues. If only skin sutures alone are used to hold the sagging tissues, the skin will stretch out over a short time, resulting in loss of lifting efficiency and longevity. Resorbable threads with strength of USP 3-0 are used for this purpose and should not cause flap ischemia. If the anchoring sutures are well laid out, the yield of the skin surplus is approximately 1-2 cm in the temporal wound. After excising the excess skin, the skin adapts itself well and can be closed tension-free with USP 5-0 interrupted sutures.

The lifting effect of the temporal endoscopic midface lift extends from the eyebrows to the midface, and affects also the jawline and neck [Figures 9-13]. The operation is relatively quick and takes two and a half to three hours in the hands of an experienced endoscopic surgeon. The postoperative results appear very natural and do not suffer from an “operated” look. The author attributes this to lifting using the correct vector against the force of gravity. The healing period takes approximately 14 days, and largely dependent on the variable resolution of oedema and swollen eyes. We stress that overcorrection is very important, which requires a calculated distortion. This distortion that is similar in appearance to “almond eyes” or “cat eyes” may persist for two to four weeks prior to resolution.

Figure 9. Before (A) and 6 months after temporal endoscopic midface (B). More pleasant looking after endoscopic midface reposition by diminishing the suborbicular hollowing

This result is shocking to me, the hollowing eye appearence improved drastically and the reposition of fat in her mid face created an ogee curve. Look how her cheeks and ooge curve is evident now

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: homo_faber
Pls post before after, can you try threadlift first to see whether you like the result or not?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back