Eye Color on Attraction, Trustworthiness, & Perceived Dominance

Wtf so ur telling me blue eyes is bad???

• +1
Reactions: Kingkellz
Wtf so ur telling me blue eyes is bad???
no he is saying most people with blue eyes have weak facial features compared to people brown eyes, at least in this study
He's also saying most people with the precious "COLORED EYES"
Have just murky muddy shades of the color, a small percentage of those eyes are actually striking in normal lighting
only like 2% of them actually look like miniature galaxies
But having blue eyes is still seen as a good trait by itself, even if is murky 98% of the time
Thats what OP is saying

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member, Looks234, Chadrapist and 4 others
no he is saying most people with blue eyes have weak facial features compared to people brown eyes, at least in this study
He's also saying most people with the precious "COLORED EYES"
Have just murky muddy shades of the color, a small percentage of those eyes are actually striking in normal lighting
only like 2% of them actually look like miniature galaxies
But having blue eyes is still seen as a good trait by itself, even if is murky 98% of the time
Thats what OP is saying
I have galaxy eyes bro

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Marsiere214, Deleted member 6128, Kingkellz and 1 other person
@Kingkellz banger thread read every word bro

• +1
Reactions: Looks234, Deleted member 6128 and Kingkellz
I have seen many studies where eye color is not found to be a causal agent to increase attractiveness, but I have also seen studies where they will manipulate photos of males, to give them different eye color while keeping the rest of the photo the same, and the light eyed males are found to be more attractive. I have also seen in studies that in countries where colored eyes are more rare, like brazil, they are viewed as more attractive, but those didnt isolate eye color so that probably has to do with the correlation with more attractive facial features rather than the eye color.

In this study, they change the eye color alone and found that it didnt affect trustworthiness ratings, but did they do the same for attractiveness ratings? I feel like that would be the only way to really determine if its more attractive

• +1
Reactions: copeistani and Kingkellz
You are referring to deathnic eyes. My mom has them. Dark brown that appears black even under the sun. Such a huge failo, especially if you have brown/black skin. Thank god my dad has blue eyes which resulted in me having the lightest brown eye colour possible (not hazel).
tfw you are white but your eyes are almost black :feelswhy:

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member and Deleted member 10915
tfw you are white but your eyes are almost black :feelswhy:

I don’t think they’re actually a failo. They aren’t unattractive, they just aren’t light/striking/noticeable. At that point it’s all about eye area. I’ve seen white people with dark brown eyes and amazing eye areas and they look like slayers. That’s why I say eye area> eye colour any day.

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: datboijj and Julius
A lot of light eyed people have shitty eye area because they tend to be nerdics with pale skin, no eyebrows or the shittiest one possible, a lot of acne due to subhuman diet, etc... A MED, sandnigger, mulatto o indoaryan (paki, curry...) with light eyes would inherit earth, as long as they have good eyebrows and all, which those ethnicies tend to have.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member, Looks234, Chadrapist and 1 other person
I don’t think they’re actually a failo. They aren’t unattractive, they just aren’t light/striking/noticeable. At that point it’s all about eye area. I’ve seen white people with dark brown eyes and amazing eye areas and they look like slayers. That’s why I say eye area> eye colour any day.
Maybe I'm coping but I agree tbh, if you have dark brown/black eyes in order to look striking you need to create black-white contrast with
- long eyelashes
- good eyebrows
- pale skin
- white sclera with good PFL.
Tyson Ballou comes to mind and his eye area looks incredibly dark triad and striking (he lacks good PFL though, he would look even better with it)

Maybe I'm coping but I agree tbh, if you have dark brown/black eyes in order to look striking you need to create black-white contrast with
- long eyelashes
- good eyebrows
- pale skin
- white sclera with good PFL.
Tyson Ballou comes to mind and his eye area looks incredibly dark triad and striking (he lacks good PFL though, he would look even better with it)
What about Mike tysons eye area?

• +1
Reactions: Julius
What about Mike tysons eye area?
He has some negative hooding but overall I like his eye area: good brow ridge, supra orbitals, undereye support and IPD. Probably not the kind of eye area that attracts JBs though.
Although DOM, his eye area doesn't look striking because he lacks the things I mentioned in the previous post

• +1
Reactions: Phillybeard1996
I will be a virgin without my eye color

• JFL
Either the ones making that study are very low iq or they have an agenda. To make a study based on two completely different faces and think its about eye color...
Always use the same face but change the feature you want to survey to have a telling result.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Looks234, Danish_Retard, Kingkellz and 1 other person
I have seen many studies where eye color is not found to be a causal agent to increase attractiveness
this is not true in my experience at all striking eye color adds a lot to your attraction

• +1
Reactions: Kingkellz and SkinjobCatastrophe
this is not true in my experience at all striking eye color adds a lot to your attraction
I agree I think it it is definitely something that causes, on its own, a solid increase in attractiveness. But I dont think that if you took a guy who is 5/10 with plain brown eyes, and gave him striking blue eyes, that he will jump to a 7/10 or 8/10. Its a more subtle addition.

I think thats why in studies its really hard to pinpoint how much it adds, and in studies where they isolate the eye color by taking pictures and editing only the color of the iris, its not like women find the dudes with blue eyes to be way more attractive than the same dudes with brown eyes. But also, more than color like green or blue, there is tone like dark or light, and whether they have a limbal ring that contrasts the iris, etc. so i think the whole thing is a but more complex than just color

• +1
Reactions: Marsiere214, Kingkellz and Uglyandfat
I agree I think it it is definitely something that causes, on its own, a solid increase in attractiveness. But I dont think that if you took a guy who is 5/10 with plain brown eyes, and gave him striking blue eyes, that he will jump to a 7/10 or 8/10. Its a more subtle addition.

I think thats why in studies its really hard to pinpoint how much it adds, and in studies where they isolate the eye color by taking pictures and editing only the color of the iris, its not like women find the dudes with blue eyes to be way more attractive than the same dudes with brown eyes. But also, more than color like green or blue, there is tone like dark or light, and whether they have a limbal ring that contrasts the iris, etc. so i think the whole thing is a but more complex than just color
true you can judge for yourself how much it adds to me

• +1
Reactions: Kingkellz and SkinjobCatastrophe
S
Do colored eyes increases attractiveness?

I personally think eye color can affect the attractiveness of the eye area but only if it is truly striking in color (kinda like Gandy). Many people with colored eyes that I see on a daily basis actually don't have a very striking color and can only be seen up close or in certain lightings. Things like scleral whiteness, pupil diameter, iris to pupil ratio, limbal rings, canthal tilt, eye depth, eye-shape, eyebrows, and eyelashes, etc matter a lot more.

But a ''blue eyed stereotype'' does exists.

Even though blue colored eyes are rated as attractive as other iridal colors people mention it more as a positive aspect.

A high inverse correlation was observed between attractiveness of the eye area and age.

Why do bright/white scleral color and large pupils positively affect attractiveness?

Pupil diameter decreases with age.

Factors Affecting Light-Adapted Pupil Size in Normal Human Subjects

Women tend to have greater pupil diameters.

I don't think there is much you can do to control what happens to your pupil diameter but you can do something about the whiteness of your sclera.

How to get whiter/brighter sclera?
Natural ways to get whiter sclera:
get 7-8hrs of sleep, stay hydrated, wear UV protection sunglasses to prevent pterygium, eat yellow & orange fruits + veggies to prevent scleral redness
Surgical: Scleral whitening exists but it's very risky and many claim to experience complications.

Brown-eyed faces appear more trustworthy...

But why?

What eye color associated features make brown-eyed men appear more trustworthy?

So what would happen if you swapped the eye colors while keeping the facial characteristics of each face the same?

It is the facial features associated with the eye color and not the eye color itself that dictates how trustworthy the faces appear.

Brown-eyed males rated more dominant than blue-eyed males...
Faces used in the study
View attachment 1031142

But again, is it the eye color itself that influences perceived dominance or the facial traits/features that are associated with the eye color?
In short, it's the eye color associated features and not the eye color itself that influences perceived dominance.

What facial features are linked with higher perceived dominance?

What facial features are linked with submissiveness?

Brown-eyed males were rated more dominant because they generally had more facial features that influence perceived dominance than the blue-eyed males in the study.

In conclusion eye color correlates with other facial features that raters use to judge dominance. For example, brown-eyed men in the above study had broader chins, thicker eye-brows which are closer together, and larger noses; all of which may be viewed as the actual drivers of higher dominance ratings.

So If I understood it correctly, changing your eye color from blue to brown (or simply having brown eyes) won't necessarily increase perceived dominance unless you have other features that directly influence dominance such as thick eyebrows and/or broad squarish chins, hence the statement "Eye color correlates with other facial features that raters use to judge dominance."

@john2 @Chintuck22 @the next o'pry @MoeZart @kjsbdfiusdf @reptiles @Ocelot @Grimba @SubhumanCurrycel @pizza @Lmao @tyronelite @TRNA @far336 @PrestonYnot
Seems like cope tbh

• Hmm...
Blue eyes is a halo if it's good contrast with ur skin like meeks, meeks skin color + godlike eye color is so fucking insane looking.
true that.
Jenifer conolly, in prime. was also color contrast halo mogger.

489e09747588d439c2eb8f3f1eda3baa.jpg
tumblr_o17u2tfduH1tp2pkxo1_1280.jpg
tumblr_ntuq45TabB1sagi1uo6_500.gifv

Last edited:
  • +1
true that.
Jenifer conolly, in prime. was also color contrast halo mogger.

tumblr_o17u2tfduH1tp2pkxo1_1280.jpg
tumblr_ntuq45TabB1sagi1uo6_500.gifv

People underrate contrast between eye color and skin, shade of eye color is very important, like oprys blue and gandys blue is insane it's clear but most people have a muddy shit so it looks like utter shit. A good shade is very important that matches with your skin.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15390 and Kingkellz
People underrate contrast between eye color and skin, shade of eye color is very important, like oprys blue and gandys blue is insane it's clear but most people have a muddy shit so it looks like utter shit. A good shade is very important that matches with your skin.
i agree.
I like to add;
It's the combo of these 3 color contrasts: hair-color; skin-tone-color; eye-color.

For exmaple also. Prime Alizee. Has high color contrast also. More even, if she had blue eyes. BUT, due to high contrast of hair (dark black), skin (light brown) and eyes color (dark balck); she still gets some color contrast halo as well. Even though not blue eyes.
contrast = good. in general
60d22fe9e891b2fdf27eaf4fde34758a.jpg

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15390 and Kingkellz
another high iq thread as usual

• Love it
Interresting thread, however, I hightly doubt about the conclusion on eye color being not important.

Still think colored are better based on my observations.

• +1
Reactions: Looks234, Danish_Retard, Chadrapist and 2 others
Mostly girls say "I love blue, green eyes." but you're say "Brown eye is a legend." W T F ?

• JFL
Mostly girls say "I love blue, green eyes." but you're say "Brown eye is a legend." W T F ?
Honestly it depends, brown eyes have some good contrasts. Look at Richard ramirez he would look way less intimidating and dark triad with light eyes, he has extremely dark brown eyes. Its more about how it harmonizes with face, some ppl look better with brown other with light eyes, most ppl though light eyes ascend them.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15390, Deleted member, Danish_Retard and 2 others
thats in sunlight
I wish I prayed to Gandy inside my mother's womb for my grandparents green eyes jfl. That shade is so good that even with some of ur failos women will forget them. Pops hard during the day

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member and Uglyandfat
That shade is so good that even with some of ur failos women will forget them.
i have gotten nudes every night for a week now based off my eyecolor it really is a godsent trait

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member and volcelfatcel
i have gotten nudes every night for a week now based off my eyecolor it really is a godsent trait
That's as a fatcel, hope that stroma shit comes soon, I can't cope with pct, hooded eyes and low set brow ridge all to have a shit tier brown color not even light like my mom's jfl.

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member and Uglyandfat
That's as a fatcel, hope that stroma shit comes soon, I can't cope with pct, hooded eyes and low set brow ridge all to have a shit tier brown color not even light like my mom's jfl.
u should get contacts to see what it would look like tbh

• +1
Reactions: volcelfatcel
u should get contacts to see what it would look like tbh
Main issue is the frauding, I need to do that once I move out next year and no one knows me. Cheap contacts look fake and the expensive ones look decent I guess yeah. Contact frauding only works when no one knows you sadly, they'll think ur some aspie that is frauding genetics.

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member
i agree.
I like to add;
It's the combo of these 3 color contrasts: hair-color; skin-tone-color; eye-color.

For exmaple also. Prime Alizee. Has high color contrast also. More even, if she had blue eyes. BUT, due to high contrast of hair (dark black), skin (light brown) and eyes color (dark balck); she still gets some color contrast halo as well. Even though not blue eyes.
contrast = good. in general
60d22fe9e891b2fdf27eaf4fde34758a.jpg

You'rea true fan ain't ya?

• +1
Reactions: eduardkoopman
Do colored eyes increases attractiveness?

I personally think eye color can affect the attractiveness of the eye area but only if it is truly striking in color (kinda like Gandy). Many people with colored eyes that I see on a daily basis actually don't have a very striking color and can only be seen up close or in certain lightings. Things like scleral whiteness, pupil diameter, iris to pupil ratio, limbal rings, canthal tilt, eye depth, eye-shape, eyebrows, and eyelashes, etc matter a lot more.

But a ''blue eyed stereotype'' does exists.

Even though blue colored eyes are rated as attractive as other iridal colors people mention it more as a positive aspect.

A high inverse correlation was observed between attractiveness of the eye area and age.

Why do bright/white scleral color and large pupils positively affect attractiveness?

Pupil diameter decreases with age.

Factors Affecting Light-Adapted Pupil Size in Normal Human Subjects

Women tend to have greater pupil diameters.

I don't think there is much you can do to control what happens to your pupil diameter but you can do something about the whiteness of your sclera.

How to get whiter/brighter sclera?
Natural ways to get whiter sclera:
get 7-8hrs of sleep, stay hydrated, wear UV protection sunglasses to prevent pterygium, eat yellow & orange fruits + veggies to prevent scleral redness
Surgical: Scleral whitening exists but it's very risky and many claim to experience complications.

Brown-eyed faces appear more trustworthy...

But why?

What eye color associated features make brown-eyed men appear more trustworthy?

So what would happen if you swapped the eye colors while keeping the facial characteristics of each face the same?

It is the facial features associated with the eye color and not the eye color itself that dictates how trustworthy the faces appear.

Brown-eyed males rated more dominant than blue-eyed males...
Faces used in the study
View attachment 1031142

But again, is it the eye color itself that influences perceived dominance or the facial traits/features that are associated with the eye color?
In short, it's the eye color associated features and not the eye color itself that influences perceived dominance.

What facial features are linked with higher perceived dominance?

What facial features are linked with submissiveness?

Brown-eyed males were rated more dominant because they generally had more facial features that influence perceived dominance than the blue-eyed males in the study.

In conclusion eye color correlates with other facial features that raters use to judge dominance. For example, brown-eyed men in the above study had broader chins, thicker eye-brows which are closer together, and larger noses; all of which may be viewed as the actual drivers of higher dominance ratings.

So If I understood it correctly, changing your eye color from blue to brown (or simply having brown eyes) won't necessarily increase perceived dominance unless you have other features that directly influence dominance such as thick eyebrows and/or broad squarish chins, hence the statement "Eye color correlates with other facial features that raters use to judge dominance."

@john2 @Chintuck22 @the next o'pry @MoeZart @kjsbdfiusdf @reptiles @Ocelot @Grimba @SubhumanCurrycel @pizza @Lmao @tyronelite @TRNA @far336 @PrestonYnot
Ima just say that bones are all that matters in looks. Color might be more striking though.

• +1
I have seen many studies where eye color is not found to be a causal agent to increase attractiveness, but I have also seen studies where they will manipulate photos of males, to give them different eye color while keeping the rest of the photo the same, and the light eyed males are found to be more attractive. I have also seen in studies that in countries where colored eyes are more rare, like brazil, they are viewed as more attractive, but those didnt isolate eye color so that probably has to do with the correlation with more attractive facial features rather than the eye color.

In this study, they change the eye color alone and found that it didnt affect trustworthiness ratings, but did they do the same for attractiveness ratings? I feel like that would be the only way to really determine if its more attractive
Yeah, I agree, most researchers are braindead. They don't understand the full macro-scale of the problem. They focus too much on small things. Vice versa depending on the study.

• +1
Reactions: SkinjobCatastrophe and Kingkellz
Dark green eyes are also not ideal

Only in the best lightning
Screenshot 20210502 132605 Snapchat

Normal: (everyone who i asked in normal lightning what my eyecolour guessed brown when standing 5ft away :lul:)
Screenshot 20210502 132547 Snapchat

• +1
anything but brown eyes is good
Some girls do look nice with big brown eyes. Blue mogs of course. But I do find brown eyes attractive on White brunettes.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Vasco and Kingkellz
what hair color suits hazel eyes?

• +1
I have light gray eyes, so where does that put me?

• +1
Well, you can score a ethnic gigastacy (even the ones that can pass as half white) if you have blue eyes and slightly above average face while if you want a white girl with blue eyes yourself you need to be 6ft+ and/or model tier face to score anything above average.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 5786 and Kingkellz
I dont understand how the entire first post talks about dark eyes have higher dominance ratings

And people's replies are "ik blue eyes were everything, dark eyes bad" :feelsuhh:

• +1
I dont understand how the entire first post talks about dark eyes have higher dominance ratings

And people's replies are "ik blue eyes were everything, dark eyes bad" :feelsuhh:
"In short, it's the eye color associated features and not the eye color itself that influences perceived dominance."
Keep coping bro

• +1