Fasting vs Eating breakfast for fat loss

JamesHowlett

JamesHowlett

Retiring from Looksmaxxing after I’m lean
It’s interesting how polarising this is. There are videos and online posts literally saying:

- “Fasting makes me binge later”

and also

- “Eating breakfast makes me binge later”

So I’m just curious what the consensus here is.

I think the camp you fit into depends on your genetics, hormones, lifestyle and personality.

For me, after trying fasting for years I’ve found better success with eating breakfast.

• +1
Reactions: Bollywood_Extra
i did intermittent fasting for 3 months and my stomach starts making loud noises if i dont eat breakfast but i dont binge later in the day if i dont eat

• +1
Reactions: JamesHowlett
PicsArt 10 05 065832

• JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 1680, 5'8manlet, Aseancell and 1 other person
In my experience doing extended fasting/IF/OMAD its much better to eat in the morning and be fasted when you got to bed than vice versa

better digestion, better energy, plus eating breakfast kills your cortisol and ramps up your metabolism

if you have problems with binging just go strict keto, itll kill your carb cravings after a while and raise satiety

At this point i can go 24 hours easily without even noticing hunger because im so fat adapted

• +1
Reactions: LostYouth and JamesHowlett
In my experience doing extended fasting/IF/OMAD its much better to eat in the morning and be fasted when you got to bed than vice versa

better digestion, better energy, plus eating breakfast kills your cortisol and ramps up your metabolism

if you have problems with binging just go strict keto, itll kill your carb cravings after a while and raise satiety

At this point i can go 24 hours easily without even noticing hunger because im so fat adapted
It’s good you’ve found what works for you.

What’s killed my binge eating is just eating regular, balanced meals and no fad diets

It’s good you’ve found what works for you.

What’s killed my binge eating is just eating regular, balanced meals and no fad diets
keto isnt a fad diet retard

your ancestors pre agriculture lived on megafauna fat

standard american diet is a fad, wasnt possible to eat the way most people eat pre industry

Cals in > cals out

Whatever’s is easiest for you

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6512 and JamesHowlett
keto isnt a fad diet retard

your ancestors pre agriculture lived on megafauna fat

standard american diet is a fad, wasnt possible to eat the way most people eat pre industry
JFL if you think Keto isn’t a fad, you’re brainwashed.

Cutting out an entire food group is indeed a fad, humans have been eating carbs for 1000’s of years.

Who said I ate a standard American diet? I eat regular, balanced meals.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6310 and Deleted member 1680
JFL if you think Keto isn’t a fad, you’re brainwashed.

Cutting out an entire food group is indeed a fad, humans have been eating carbs for 1000’s of years.

Who said I ate a standard American diet? I eat regular, balanced meals.
ok retard you do you

"balanced" lmao

ok retard you do you

"balanced" lmao
There’s no need to insult.

Im not forcing you to do anything, I’ve literally stated that what works for you is unique to the individual.

I like short intervall intermittent fasting (like 16/8). I naturally eat that way, skip breakfast and eat later in the day and it‘s very sustainable long term imo

• +1
Reactions: JamesHowlett and egoy
Breakfast is the biggest scam known to man. Just another gimmick to get you to buy sugary cereal

• Hmm...
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 8765 and JamesHowlett
  • +1
Reactions: sasha777 and JamesHowlett
Breakfast is the biggest scam known to man. Just another gimmick to get you to buy sugary cereal
Another poor soul brainwashed into the latest fad diet.

First of all, who said breakfast has to be cereal?

Secondly, if you eat cereal and are in a caloric deficit who cares?

I love cornflakes

• +1

Cereal was invented by some schizo who thought it would make men masturbate less

More power to you, don’t listen to the fad dieters
I actually have them with soy milk and sugar on top. Tastes great, should give it a try

• +1