Full CT scan of my skull in the thread, surgery advice needed

I have short face Syndrom so atleast for my case it applys. Also if you look at gaias bimax. Usually short face comes with that bloated cheeks chipmunk look. Expanding the jaws stretched the soft tissue and thus also reduces or gets rid of that bloated cheeks look.

I would be surprised if you don’t have That as it’s common amongst pretty much all short face cases I’ve seen so far.
not gonna share my pics with anymore people tbh but anyone whos seen my pics (most of the people who repleid to this thread) will verify that I dont have chubby cheeks- quite the opposite id say

also look at my front above you can see my zygos are pretty flaired

• +1
Reactions: Chadethnic101, Deleted member 2729 and mulattomaxxer

Mogger Ramus. Terachad size. Also nice cheekbones.

I would focus more on your lower jaw over your chin. Your gonial angle looks really low. It would also fix your overbite.

Your lower jaw needs rotating clockwise? Your upper jaw would probably need repositioning aswell. Once you have done this the projection needed on your chin changes.

Im assuming your going with Ramieri? Tell him you want bimax and genio. Also tell him you want a taller face. He should draft a good 3D plan for you.

How did you even get the CT scan? What do you say to the doctor?

Feel like that would cost a lot :hnghn:
yes it does. Surgery costs a lot in general. No ones gonna give you a CBCT scan for free when its not medically neccessary

View attachment 1646154

Can anyone advise what is needed to fix my vertically short chin? I know Ive got an overbite as well but I only care bout aesthetics for now so no dead set on jaw surgery.

what do you think?

genio only?

or bimax + genio?

also is my maxilla vertically short?

PS I know I said I wasnt gonna post again until after surgery but Im making an exception just for this thread so I can get as much advice as possible before deciding what surgery to get fix my chin
which surgeon would you pick?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 17345
Update on thsi guys- have my follow up consult with ramieri this friday- Im gonna write a list of everything to ask in the consult probablyh tonight to be sure im ready . Im debating consulting one more surgeon before making my final decison, maybe defranq or heliotis?

Alfaro is out of my price range unfortunately as ive got a max of about 20k to spend on this

Update on thsi guys- have my follow up consult with ramieri this friday- Im gonna write a list of everything to ask in the consult probablyh tonight to be sure im ready . Im debating consulting one more surgeon before making my final decison, maybe defranq or heliotis?

Alfaro is out of my price range unfortunately as ive got a max of about 20k to spend on this
Also dm me surgeons you talked to

ive only spoke to ramieri and one aesthetician in the UK about fillers
Oh okay. You like Ramieri? I’ve seen more functional cases then aesthetically based ones from him

Oh okay. You like Ramieri? I’ve seen more functional cases then aesthetically based ones from him
Well I told him in my consult that I have an overbite but no functional issues just want a better lower third and he was fine with that. Hes more conservative with his movements than alfaro but is stil blackpilled WRT facial aestehtics.

He told me im a borderline case between genio only or bimax/genio so hes defo aestehtics focused

Well I told him in my consult that I have an overbite but no functional issues just want a better lower third and he was fine with that. Hes more conservative with his movements than alfaro but is stil blackpilled WRT facial aestehtics.

He told me im a borderline case between genio only or bimax/genio so hes defo aestehtics focused
Okay good. Yes I wish Alfaro wasn’t so expensive but I feel Ramieri is on this site because his prices seem to go up daily. He did a great job on @Gaia262 though. Really the only problem I feel with Ramieri is he won’t perform bimax on anyone I feel. You have to have some problem or minor issue for him to perform

• +1
Reactions: Gaia262
Okay good. Yes I wish Alfaro wasn’t so expensive but I feel Ramieri is on this site because his prices seem to go up daily. He did a great job on @Gaia262 though. Really the only problem I feel with Ramieri is he won’t perform bimax on anyone I feel. You have to have some problem or minor issue for him to perform
I think hed do it on most people tbh if they asked for it- tbf I do have overbite so maybe thats why he thought it for me

• +1
Reactions: Gaia262
also another thing of note is im suprised how big of an overbite i have in my CT, I thought my occulsion was close to normal but it looks pretty bad there

How long is your ramus?

How long is your ramus?
not sure if im measuring it right but got 9cm when trying with a ruler. Could be wrong cos im not sure exactly where it ends

are you sure man? 11cm is like beyond 99.9th percentile I think?
Nah got it mixed up with something else. The length of the body of my mandible was 11-12 cm

Last edited:
bad handwritingcel but what else should I add to this list?

consult is 1130 tomorrow
IMG 0842

Just spoke to him - the plan is 10 months braces followed by CW BSSO advancement and vertical genio, no lefort 1

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19551 and bogii
Fix your overbite before anything else. If you're gonna do it be prepared to wesr braces for at least 1.5 year (by looking at the pic) with elastics at the end stage. It will hurt especially when you first wear them.

Fix your overbite before anything else. If you're gonna do it be prepared to wesr braces for at least 1.5 year (by looking at the pic) with elastics at the end stage. It will hurt especially when you first wear them.
he said about 10 months braces is gonna be needed- actually from my understanding the braces will make the overbite even worse and then surgery moves the jaws to correct the occlusion

he said about 10 months braces is gonna be needed- actually from my understanding the braces will make the overbite even worse and then surgery moves the jaws to correct the occlusion
Your understanding if flawed because if you wear elastics there is no way your overbite could get worse.

Your understanding if flawed because if you wear elastics there is no way your overbite could get worse.
You do realise I just had a consultation with a maxfac 10 minutes ago and this is what he told me?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19551
How did he explain it? I don't understand
My overbite is actually not severe enough so significanlty advance the mandible without gving myself a severe underbite.

I will havd 10 months of braces to actually worsen my occlusion, at whihc point the overjet will be significant enough to advance the lower jaw and perform CW rotation to fix the occlusion and fix my lower jaw reccession, then finally add in the vertical genioo for a little extra chin height as a cherry on top. No lefort 1 movement will be required he thinks.

I had a consult 10 minutes ago and voice recorded the whole thing and this is precisely what he said lol

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19551
My overbite is actually not severe enough so significanlty advance the mandible without gving myself a severe underbite.

I will havd 10 months of braces to actually worsen my occlusion, at whihc point the overjet will be significant enough to advance the lower jaw and perform CW rotation to fix the occlusion and fix my lower jaw reccession, then finally add in the vertical genioo for a little extra chin height as a cherry on top. No lefort 1 movement will be required he thinks.

I had a consult 10 minutes ago and voice recorded the whole thing and this is precisely what he said lol
I don't know man. Can you talk to someone else? I had almost the same degree of teeth overlap as you and it got fixed with braces.

I don't know man. Can you talk to someone else? I had almost the same degree of teeth overlap as you and it got fixed with braces.
dude its not about just fixing the occulusion Im trying to ascend here, you need to increase the overbitre to give the mandible room to adavnce, its common to make your occlusion worse prior to jaw surgery to then allign it afterwards.

Ramieri is one of the top maxfacs in his field he knows what he is talking about

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19551 and .*my*.
dude its not about just fixing the occulusion Im trying to ascend here, you need to increase the overbitre to give the mandible room to adavnce, its common to make your occlusion worse prior to jaw surgery to then allign it afterwards.

Ramieri is one of the top maxfacs in his field he knows what he is talking about
What do you look like? I mean is this all worth it? Pics?

What do you look like? I mean is this all worth it? Pics?
Fairly good upper face, strong cheekbones and eye area

weak lower third of my face, very vertically short (34mm chin) and mildy reccessed as well.

sorry ive shared my pics with a lot of people here already and I know some people sent them on and leaked them so I dont wanna share with anyone new now.

Ive shared with enough people and had enough ratings to have a very good idea of where I stand facially and what the strengths and weaknesses of my face are

sorry ive shared my pics with a lot of people here already and I know some people sent them on and leaked them so I dont wanna share with anyone new now.

Ive shared with enough people and had enough ratings to have a very good idea of where I stand facially and what the strengths and weaknesses of my face are
You can PM me. I won’t share. You can mine as collateral

Fairly good upper face, strong cheekbones and eye area

weak lower third of my face, very vertically short (34mm chin) and mildy reccessed as well.
34 mm is short? Sounds average. Where are you measuring from? From bottom of the lower lip to the bottom of the chin?

34 mm is short? Sounds average. Where are you measuring from? From bottom of the lower lip to the bottom of the chin?
Yes its short, it might even be 33-34mm somwhere in that reange

I think about 40mm is average

Yes its short, it might even be 33-34mm somwhere in that reange

I think about 40mm is average
You're measuring as I described? My chin is 52 mm, it doesn't really look that tall. I will smash it to oblivion until the bone spurs make it 60 mm