Glycine - collagen, androgen, lowering cortisol amino acid

cmazstereo

cmazstereo

Iron

1. Glycine Powerfully Lowers Cortisol (-80%)

"...The plasma corticosterone concentration was also decreased by glycine, but the plasma insulin concentration was unaffected. These results indicate that orally administered glycine suppresses myofibrillar proteolysis and expression of proteolytic-related genes of skeletal muscle by decreasing the plasma corticosterone concentration in chicks."

Effects of orally administered glycine on myofibrillar proteolysis and expression of proteolytic-related genes of skeletal muscle in chicks. - PubMed - NCBI
View attachment 1060845

2. Glycine Strongly Upregulates 5-alpha Reductase (5-ar) Activity

"...we observed that at certain concentrations (1 uM and 35 uM), glycine strongly enhanced 5-reductase activity leading to increased amounts of [3H]5-DHP. Other concentrations of glycine (70 uM and 140 uM) mainly accelerated 3-HSOR activity"

Regulation of neurosteroid allopregnanolone biosynthesis in the rat spinal cord by glycine and the alkaloidal analogs strychnine and gelsemine. - PubMed - NCBI

3. Glycine Is Directly Anabolic AND Anticatabolic For The Muscle

"Our recent studies (19) showed that glycine, one of the most abundant free amino acids in the plasma of pigs (33), promotes skeletal muscle growth in young pigs, suggesting a crucial role of glycine in nutrition and metabolism. However, little is known about the effects of glycine on protein turnover in skeletal muscle or the underlying mechanisms."

http://jn.nutrition.org/content/146/12/2461.long

4. Aging In Human Mitochondria Fully Reversed By Glycine

"...the researchers showed that by changing the regulation of these genes, they could induce defects or restore mitochondrial function in the fibroblast cell lines. In a compelling finding, the addition of glycine for 10 days to the culture medium of the 97 year old fibroblast cell line restored its respiratory function. This suggests that glycine treatment can reverse the age-associated respiration defects in the elderly human fibroblasts."

http://www.nature.com/srep/2015/150522/ ... 10434.html
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 085138.htm

inb4: I recommend using glycine with other amino acids, e.g. as gelatine because it can cause nausea otherwise. If you care about the rejuvenating effect of this amino acid use up to 10g (30g gelatin). For androgenic/cortisol effects, small doses like 1g-3g(3-9g gelatin) are sufficient. AND EAT YOUR MEATS BOYO.

Attachments

• ff.jpg
    ff.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 10
  • +1
Reactions: Dystopian, autistic_tendencies, theanonymousone and 5 others
Ofc you need to eat meat but just eat a normal diet and u will get enough of this amino acid already

• +1
Reactions: cmazstereo
Ofc you need to eat meat but just eat a normal diet and u will get enough of this amino acid already
you can get almost everything by diet, less supplements=better results

great thread

What about the oral bioavailability tho?
glycine is quite well absorbed and is a better option to l-carnitine (also responsible for regulating androgens) because it is shitty when administered orally

Last edited:

2. Glycine Strongly Upregulates 5-alpha Reductase (5-ar) Activity​

"...we observed that at certain concentrations (1 uM and 35 uM), glycine strongly enhanced 5-reductase activity leading to increased amounts of [3H]5-DHP. Other concentrations of glycine (70 uM and 140 uM) mainly accelerated 3-HSOR activity"

Regulation of neurosteroid allopregnanolone biosynthesis in the rat spinal cord by glycine and the alkaloidal analogs strychnine and gelsemine. - PubMed - NCBI

whay it means ?

5 alpha-reductase is responsible for converting testosterone into its more active form, Dihydrotestosterone (DHT)

Idea:

1. Buy 1 kg Beef gelatin
2. Mix fruits or use fruit juice with a little bit of sugar
3. Stir it under a little bit of heat
4. Let it cool and enjoy your snack jfl

• +1
Reactions: cmazstereo and IWILLMAKEIT
Good thread dn know glycine had so many benefits . What if i don care about the nausea effect and use straight uo glycine?

• +1
Reactions: cmazstereo
Good thread dn know glycine had so many benefits . What if i don care about the nausea effect and use straight uo glycine?
Supplementation is different for every person. For some people, glycine has the complete opposite effect, which prevents them from sleeping for example. I don't think there would be any side effects at doses <5g. At higher doses, the risk may be higher, just check how YOU interact with it. If you start feeling sick, something is wrong (probably a deficiency in other amino acids). Then you should switch to gelatin.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7651
Glycine is indeed very underrated. If only I could continue using it but I have iatrogenic botulism and it relaxes my muscles too much

I already supplement 25g collagen every morning, shit's real good for you.

you can get almost everything by diet, less supplements=better results

1. Glycine Powerfully Lowers Cortisol (-80%)

"...The plasma corticosterone concentration was also decreased by glycine, but the plasma insulin concentration was unaffected. These results indicate that orally administered glycine suppresses myofibrillar proteolysis and expression of proteolytic-related genes of skeletal muscle by decreasing the plasma corticosterone concentration in chicks."

Effects of orally administered glycine on myofibrillar proteolysis and expression of proteolytic-related genes of skeletal muscle in chicks. - PubMed - NCBI
View attachment 1060845

2. Glycine Strongly Upregulates 5-alpha Reductase (5-ar) Activity

3. Glycine Is Directly Anabolic AND Anticatabolic For The Muscle

"Our recent studies (19) showed that glycine, one of the most abundant free amino acids in the plasma of pigs (33), promotes skeletal muscle growth in young pigs, suggesting a crucial role of glycine in nutrition and metabolism. However, little is known about the effects of glycine on protein turnover in skeletal muscle or the underlying mechanisms."

http://jn.nutrition.org/content/146/12/2461.long

4. Aging In Human Mitochondria Fully Reversed By Glycine

"...the researchers showed that by changing the regulation of these genes, they could induce defects or restore mitochondrial function in the fibroblast cell lines. In a compelling finding, the addition of glycine for 10 days to the culture medium of the 97 year old fibroblast cell line restored its respiratory function. This suggests that glycine treatment can reverse the age-associated respiration defects in the elderly human fibroblasts."

http://www.nature.com/srep/2015/150522/ ... 10434.html
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 085138.htm

inb4: I recommend using glycine with other amino acids, e.g. as gelatine because it can cause nausea otherwise. If you care about the rejuvenating effect of this amino acid use up to 10g (30g gelatin). For androgenic/cortisol effects, small doses like 1g-3g(3-9g gelatin) are sufficient. AND EAT YOUR MEATS BOYO.
then why do big animal based eaters like Paul Saledino and other carnivours not look 25?

then why do big animal based eaters like Paul Saledino and other carnivours not look 25?
Because they don’t eat sugar

You can pair glycine after eating meat to get maximum absorption

• +1
Reactions: mvp2v1
Paul does. I actually use his Joint repair supplement, which I think has glycine.
he started pretty late and its still pretty minimal.