Glycogen is the Secret to Your Best Looking Face

Part-Time Chad

Part-Time Chad

Diamond
I've noticed that I look my best, not so much when my face is "chiseled", but when my facial muscles are full of glycogen.

Glycogen is the stored form of glucose (sugar). It is your body's main source of energy. It comes from carbohydrates in certain foods and fluids you consume. Glycogen gives your facial (and body) muscles their plump look, creating pleasant-looking, youthful contours on your face.

Whenever my facial muscles are low on glycogen, my face becomes drawn and haggard. It doesn't even matter if it's chiseled-- without sufficient stored glycogen, it just doesn't look that attractive.

Professional bodybuilders discovered this a long time ago.

A couple of hours before they go on stage, they typically "carb load" (consume a lot of carbs) in order to give their muscles a large, shapely and healthy appearance.

The thing is, sometimes carbs will do the exact opposite of what you want, and go to your fat stores, instead of your muscles, making you look fleshy and bloated. I haven't found a consistent way to control 'carb loading' (Maybe I should ask on the bodybuilding forum?). But, even if I did find a way to ensure that carbs go to my muscles instead of my fat, how do you keep your facial muscles consistently replete with glycogen? Do you have to eat every couple of hours? Seems impractical.

What usually happens is that my facial appearance 'cycles' throughout the day. Sometimes (when glycogen stores are high), it looks great, and foids everywhere are making eye contact with me and moving into my zone in order to initiate an interaction.
But sometimes (when glycogen stores are low), they'll either treat me as if I'm invisible, or they'll actively avoid me because they find me revolting to look at (when carbs get stored in my facial fat, instead of muscle).

Appreciate the input of anyone who knows more about this than I do.

Edit: This obviously doesn't apply if you're ugly (have bad bone structure).

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Woah
  • Love it
Reactions: Narcissus🥀, infini, TsarTsar444 and 16 others
Is this why my face looks more glowing on creatine?

• +1
Reactions: enchanted_elixir
intersting, i have also noticed that

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member
Yeah, down a tall glass of real OJ or pineapple juice and my face is glowing.

• +1
  • Woah
  • JFL
Reactions: infini, Kristin, BrahminBoss and 3 others
Good thread . True

• +1
Reactions: enchanted_elixir and Part-Time Chad
  • +1
Reactions: SoundnVision
Mcdonalds worked wonders for me after cut

• JFL
  • +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: TsarTsar444, becomingnearperfect, datboijj and 4 others
Well too much carbs I bloat, now too little carbs my face is gonna look bloated?

Which is it 💀, I just only notice on keto my skin radiates like crazy and is super dewy

• +1
Reactions: Chintuck22 and GuyFromSingapore
Well too much carbs I bloat, now too little carbs my face is gonna look bloated?

Which is it 💀,
That's exactly what I'm trying to figure out.
Also, it may have something to do with the type of carbs, not just the quantity.
I just only notice on keto my skin radiates like crazy and is super dewy
It's not the skin that makes you attractive--although that definitely helps--it's your facial contours that, along with good bone structure, creates a good appearance.

• +1
Reactions: GuyFromSingapore and Deleted member 49008
Yes, because creatine stores water in your muscles, making them plump and radiant.
Why would that make my face look more radiant though? Shouldn't it in theory bloat my face?
Fuck I'm going back on creatine it's a win win supplement, increases igf 1 too.

I'm guessing it's because it's healthier to feed your muscle than your fat?

Yes, but it'll be more shapely, like muscles on the body. That always looks good.
So be low bf but have glycogen basically

• +1
Reactions: PSLdemigod
OP I do think you’re onto something, whenever I did extreme cutting and low cal I swear to god my face looked more bloated. But some times when I refed when carbs my face looked more defined. Def somethjng worth exploring

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member, oxymoron, Narcissus🥀 and 5 others
So be low bf but have glycogen basically
Yes, that's the magic formula, I think. That would create the best look you could ever hope for.

• +1
The amount of glycogen that is found in the skin is rather low and probably mostly regulated by your own body and not your carbohydrate intake. What a lot of carbs (especially if its insulinemic) will do is make your face hold water, but not in the form of glycogen.

If you want full muscles while preserving a lean face, you want carb sources that are low on the glycemic index, while watching your sodium intake and taking a potassium supplement.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: PSLdemigod
never noticed this but now i do, true

• +1
Reactions: Part-Time Chad
If you want full muscles while preserving a lean face, you want carb sources that are low on the glycemic index, while watching your sodium intake and taking a potassium supplement.
That calls for a very strict, bland, and rather disgusting diet, unfortunately.

• +1
Reactions: infini
The amount of glycogen that is found in the skin is rather low and probably mostly regulated by your own body and not your carbohydrate intake. What a lot of carbs (especially if its insulinemic) will do is make your face hold water, but not in the form of glycogen.

You got a good diet recommendation? Im willing to eat boring shit as long as I can still leverage calories for bulk/cut

I've noticed that I look my best, not so much when my face is "chiseled", but when my facial muscles are full of glycogen.

Glycogen is the stored form of glucose (sugar). It is your body's main source of energy. It comes from carbohydrates in certain foods and fluids you consume. Glycogen gives your facial (and body) muscles their plump look, creating pleasant-looking, youthful contours on your face.

Whenever my facial muscles are low on glycogen, my face becomes drawn and haggard. It doesn't even matter if it's chiseled-- without sufficient stored glycogen, it just doesn't look that attractive.

Professional bodybuilders discovered this a long time ago.

A couple of hours before they go on stage, they typically "carb load" (consume a lot of carbs) in order to give their muscles a large, shapely and healthy appearance.

The thing is, sometimes carbs will do the exact opposite of what you want, and go to your fat stores, instead of your muscles, making you look fleshy and bloated. I haven't found a consistent way to control 'carb loading' (Maybe I should ask on the bodybuilding forum?). But, even if I did find a way to ensure that carbs go to my muscles instead of my fat, how do you keep your facial muscles consistently replete with glycogen? Do you have to eat every couple of hours? Seems impractical.

What usually happens is that my facial appearance 'cycles' throughout the day. Sometimes (when glycogen stores are high), it looks great, and foids everywhere are making eye contact with me and moving into my zone in order to initiate an interaction.
But sometimes (when glycogen stores are low), they'll either treat me as if I'm invisible, or they'll actively avoid me because they find me revolting to look at (when carbs get stored in my facial fat, instead of muscle).

Appreciate the input of anyone who knows more about this than I do.

Edit: This obviously doesn't apply if you're ugly (have bad bone structure).
You get females Kys op

You get females Kys op
I actually don't because my good looks don't last long enough. They're literally gone within an hour, sometimes less, and I go back to being a subhuman.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member
I actually don't because my good looks don't last long enough. They're literally gone within an hour, sometimes less, and I go back to being a subhuman.
Oh I just read your name jfl💀

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: zharupodrugu, Deleted member, oxymoron and 1 other person
On another note did you improve your bone structure in any way? And if so how? And do you at this very moment do anything else?

On another note did you improve your bone structure in any way? And if so how? And do you at this very moment do anything else?
How do you improve your bone structure?

I mean theoretically it could be because you were more active around the time you ate the carbs so it went to muscles instead of fat stores to repair them. If you are inactive there is no muscle to repair so just send them to the fat storage but Idk enough this is just a thought

it is actually true . when i do cheat days i look better than when i starve

• +1
Reactions: infini, TsarTsar444, Detective and 2 others
There is only 2g of glycogen in a Kg of muscle, so no.

• +1
Reactions: TsarTsar444, Deleted member and blackpiller954
There is only 2g of glycogen in a Kg of muscle, so no.
Maybe 1 kg of muscle only needs 2 g of glycogen? It's like how a tiny amount of cyanide is all it takes to kill a human.

OP I do think you’re onto something, whenever I did extreme cutting and low cal I swear to god my face looked more bloated. But some times when I refed when carbs my face looked more defined. Def somethjng worth exploring
I also came to a similar conclussion but i might have an answer

Basically when i did Paul Saladino diet i would eat some fruit (peaches , mango) in the morning with lemon Water and a Pinch of salt combined with a little bit of beef or chicken liver/heart

This would make me feel decent but also cut since i only ate meat (mostly beef ), fruit , Raw dairy and homestead eggs (lost 3 kg)

I THREW OUT GLUTEN (ALL STARCHY SHIT) , REFINED SUGARS (INCLUDING REFINED SWEETENERS) AND SEED OILS

BASICALLY EVERYTHING REFINED

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 49008
Insightful.

• +1
Reactions: Part-Time Chad
I've been doing some research on facial muscles and I think we've got a goldmine of potential new looksmaxes and looksmaxing information. We could tone and train them to increase our attractiveness, big-time.

Some threads related to facial muscles, or that could help in the enhancement of facial muscles.

• +1
Reactions: wishIwasSalludon
I've been doing some research on facial muscles and I think we've got a goldmine of potential new looksmaxes and looksmaxing information. We could tone and train them to increase our attractiveness, big-time.

Some threads related to facial muscles, or that could help in the enhancement of facial muscles.
@Part-Time Chad

Protein is cope
Carbs > low cortisol

• +1
Reactions: infini
Not sure how this relates to glycogen in the muscles, though.
It can increase facial muscle size and subsequently contour and shape the face to be more attractive.

• +1
My face honestly looks better on creatine

-What type of carb are low glycemic?
-Is a daily banana an acceptable potassium supplement?

But don't we eat carbs with other foods that change their glycemic value? I mean, if you just eat white bread or rice alone, then, yes, it's high glycemic. But people rarely eat those foods by themselves.

This is why I doubt sugar being completely inherently negative and in turn, all this muh all carbs turn into sugar primal cope crap. Footballers/ high cardio athletes and models talk about having a mixed nonspecific diet all the time with space for treats.

You got a good diet recommendation? Im willing to eat boring shit as long as I can still leverage calories for bulk/cut
Won't maintain it for long, just facts.

Last edited: