Going to the gym is cope.

Sexually Disabled

Sexually Disabled

6ft3 chad
TL;DR - All you need to build a good physique is a pair of dumbbells and bodyweight movements.

Cons of going to the gym:
  • Spending $50 dollars a month on a gym pass (depending on where you live). Some gyms trap you into paying for a membership with mandatory contracts.
  • Waiting for other people to finish using gym equipment.
  • Having to fit your schedule around a gym’s opening and closing times if you don’t have access to a 24-hour gym.
  • Wasting time having to travel, pack and sign into your gym.

Instead of wasting money on a gym pass, you spend $30 on a pair of dumbbells on amazon and work out at home.

All you need to do in order to build muscle is focus on a bodyweight or dumbbell movement and do it until failure. Rest, and then do it again until you hit your desired amount of sets.

It is that simple.

The problem is that most people are too lazy to work out till failure so they go and buy themselves a gym pass and undertrain themselves so they feel like they’re actually working out.

Why working at home is better than going to the gym.
  • Consistent results since you can work out anywhere. There’s no excuse not to work out.
  • Quicker recovery times since you’re not frying your CNS nervous system with super heavy sets.
  • Increased strength gains due to the fact that bigger muscles produce more force. If you want to exclusively train for strength go to a powerlifting gym, not a shitty commercial gym. Also, you’re not going be lifting shit with an FFMI less than twenty, you need to gain muscle in order to do that.
  • Increase productivity since you can fit your workout around your daily tasks.
Examples of bodyweight movements
  • Press-ups
(Pike, Diamond, Wide, Handstand, Knee Assisted)
  • Dips
(You can use your bed frame to lean against)
  • Lungees
(You can also do these weighted or do weighted Bulgarian split squats instead)
  • Air Squats
(Can be progressed with dumbbells)
  • Burpees
  • Standing calf raise

Dumbbell movements are obvious so I won’t add them here. If you need help picking dumbbell movements to target a certain muscle post a comment below and I’ll reply to it.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Ugh..
  • JFL
Reactions: KING REIDYZ, Deleted member 17244, Deleted member 16209 and 32 others
Retard

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 2729, EverythingMattersCel, Lars and 10 others
its not the same. machines are more useful and overall better

• +1
  • JFL
  • Ugh..
Reactions: Abu Based, hypergamy, Lars and 7 others
Time efficiency, is a good thing.
I never seen a shredded home gym guy though.

• +1
Reactions: Lars and Deleted member 15827
Challenge me on it. why?
You're never gonna get a huge physique with only a pair of dumbbells, how do you even train legs ?
I do have a home gym but it's a complete one (bench, rack, barbell, 200kg of weight)

• +1
Reactions: |Daddy_Zygos|, Deleted member 15827, Kingkellz and 4 others
You're never gonna get a huge physique with only a pair of dumbbells, how do you even train legs ?
I do have a home gym but it's a complete one (bench, rack, barbell, 200kg of weight)

Squats, Pistol Squats, Goblet Squats, Lungees, Bulgarian Split Squats, Wall-Assisted Sissy Squats, Calf Raises, Dumbbell Hamstring Curls, Dumbell Leg Curls.

Do you train to failure?

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Abu Based and Deleted member 15302
naah bro mindset is different in the gym

• +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: Abu Based, TrestIsBest, Deleted member 15827 and 2 others
Just build a home gym bro!!:feelsuhh::soy:
Дебилы.

• +1
Reactions: Elvisandreaa and Sonny Black
You can still progressively overload with high rep movements you just have to change the variables of your workout routine such as rest times, movement progression, tempo, range of motion, rep quality and control, etc.

Just build a home gym bro!!:feelsuhh::soy:
Дебилы.
Just buy dumbbells and do bodyweight movement. If you can't afford dumbbells do bodyweight and calisthenic movements.

• Ugh..
Reactions: Elvisandreaa
Time efficiency, is a good thing.
I never seen a shredded home gym guy though.
What about calistehnics? It's basically the same thing as what I'm saying.

• +1
Reactions: eduardkoopman
Just buy dumbbells and do bodyweight movement. If you can't afford dumbbells do bodyweight and calisthenic movements.
I've been doing calisthenics for 5 years until I bought a gym membership. It's 50$ where I live. Don't have enough money for dumbbells and no place to put them cuz I live at my parents house. Pull ups and dips are great and got me a really good phsyique, but it's just too easy at this point and I like the dopamine rush from lifting heavy shit.

• +1
Reactions: Sexually Disabled
I have a home gym power rack with a few bars and weights with a bench, curl attachment, leg curl attachment. Literally a home gym saves you so much time and not to mention dealing with fucking normies trying to flex or make convo while you bench.

• +1
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS, Deleted member 16384, AsGoodAsItGets and 3 others
What about calistehnics? It's basically the same thing as what I'm saying.
in theory, you can become shredded with home gym.

but in reality.
Have you ever seen a shredded home gym guy??

Hom gym guys, are usually copers, that don't gain much.

in theory, you can become shredded with home gym.

but in reality.
Have you ever seen a shredded home gym guy??

Hom gym guys, are usually copers, that don't gain much.
It's hard for me to answer because a lot of people who have elite level bodies tend to own a home gym whilst going to a professional gym.

• +1
Reactions: AsGoodAsItGets
over for you

POV: You are too scared to go to the gym

• +1
Reactions: valhalar, Deleted member 11581, Broski and 3 others
Having cables and machines is somewhat of a luxury and not 100% necessary but not having access to a squat rack, bench and barbells/heavy dumbbells is just retarded, you will never be able to make gains as quickly and in all likelihood you will plateau while still looking small as fuck because no matter how hard you train you just don’t have access to good movements that you can reach failure at before hitting way too high of a rep range. Pull ups and dips are pretty much the only good options you’ll have. And this doesn’t even touch on the fact that lifting alone at home is a million times less fun and less motivating than lifting in an actual gym which is important for long term consistency.

I can just tell you’re small and very new to fitness from the fact that you unironically made this post, best of luck going forward but just get a gym membership man

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8988
I tried bodyweight training a while back, it doesn't work.

If you have really good genetics (like if you were a muscular jock in high school), then you might get some results but nothing too impressive, but if you have bad genetics (like if you were always skinny or fat), then you will get no results from that.

To get big, you have to induce progressive overload by adding weight or reps. And reps can only be added up to a certain point.

Also, there is no bodyweight exercise that can replicate the effect of squats and deadlifts, because the lower body can handle way more resistance than the upper body.

As for the upper body, bodyweight training only works for complete beginners, and like I said, only if you have really good genetics.
Whenever I did pushups and pull ups, I never got stronger or bigger, I just stayed the same.

The only time I managed to gain muscle was when I was getting stronger on the main compound movements by adding weight each workout. That is the most effective way to gain muscle as a natural lifter, and this is years of experience talking, I'm not just a noob who started lifting recently.

Powerlifting gyms promote powerlifting (so a focus on the big 3), which means it is going to be shit for bodybuilding, because you are going to neglect most muscle groups just to focus on performance, as a result, you will get big glutes and hamstrings and a big chest but not much else because you're only going to squat, bench press and deadlift.

The key to success as a natural bodybuilder is a focus on every movement pattern, through the use of compound movements and inducing progressive overload on them to get stronger at them and as a result, grow every muscle group in the body.
A commercial gym is enough as long as it contains a deadlift platform, a bench, a power rack, a decent barbell that won't bend easily, and enough weights to be able to improve constantly.

Also, a 30$ pair of dumbbells is going to leave you with only one weight number, so you won't be able to do progressive overload, and yes you may just add reps, but at a certain point, past around 12 reps, you are doing more endurance work than muscle building so it's a waste of time.

• +1
Reactions: hypergamy, Deleted member 8988, Boxingfan and 5 others
What were you quoting?
you overall "workout at home" idea. the only thing that could potentially work long term is calisthenics. unless you have 250-500k to spend on machines for your home then just go to the gym

Calisthenics outside somewhere in nature mogs gym by 1000 times. Who the fuxk would choose to be in stinky gym with hundreds people in it.

• +1
  • JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: litaz, copemaxxeer, Deleted member 16384 and 5 others
Bodyweight & calisthenics are huge cope

• +1
Reactions: Elvisandreaa
i go to gym to mog on the permabulked ogres

Bodyweight & calisthenics are huge cope
If purely bodyweight then yeah, its gonna be hard to build muscle mass. On the other hand if you will add more weight as you progress, using belts with plates or something, those exercises become crazily effective and build athletic, flexible body

My gym is 1-2 minutes of walking distance from my home and costs 25€ a month, checkmate.

You fucking coping dipshit. You are probably way too high inhib to just lift a fucking dumbell in front of normies since you are skinny as fuck so you cope with all this shit. It's hard to get big even WITH the gym how the fuck you gonna do it with pushups and shit? Not gonna happen pal.

Dumbbells are good, and I also recommend resistance bands. They work great for squats and rows, and you can even do a kind of deadlift with them. They have really heavy duty bands available that will offer you as much resistance as you need. If you ever need more resistance, just add bands.

For turbo introverts it's especially worth considering.

Dumbbells are good, and I also recommend resistance bands. They work great for squats and rows, and you can even do a kind of deadlift with them. They have really heavy duty bands available that will offer you as much resistance as you need. If you ever need more resistance, just add bands.

For turbo introverts it's especially worth considering.

Not enough resistance in the eccentric and too much resistance at the concentric. Bands are good for adding a little bit of concentric resistance to the weights but unnecessary. They're just shit sources of resistance on their own.

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 17763
and bodyweight movements
Wrong watch this video to know why you are wrong

I tried bodyweight training a while back, it doesn't work.

If you have really good genetics (like if you were a muscular jock in high school), then you might get some results but nothing too impressive, but if you have bad genetics (like if you were always skinny or fat), then you will get no results from that.

To get big, you have to induce progressive overload by adding weight or reps. And reps can only be added up to a certain point.

Also, there is no bodyweight exercise that can replicate the effect of squats and deadlifts, because the lower body can handle way more resistance than the upper body.

As for the upper body, bodyweight training only works for complete beginners, and like I said, only if you have really good genetics.
Whenever I did pushups and pull ups, I never got stronger or bigger, I just stayed the same.

The only time I managed to gain muscle was when I was getting stronger on the main compound movements by adding weight each workout. That is the most effective way to gain muscle as a natural lifter, and this is years of experience talking, I'm not just a noob who started lifting recently.

Powerlifting gyms promote powerlifting (so a focus on the big 3), which means it is going to be shit for bodybuilding, because you are going to neglect most muscle groups just to focus on performance, as a result, you will get big glutes and hamstrings and a big chest but not much else because you're only going to squat, bench press and deadlift.

The key to success as a natural bodybuilder is a focus on every movement pattern, through the use of compound movements and inducing progressive overload on them to get stronger at them and as a result, grow every muscle group in the body.
A commercial gym is enough as long as it contains a deadlift platform, a bench, a power rack, a decent barbell that won't bend easily, and enough weights to be able to improve constantly.

Also, a 30$ pair of dumbbells is going to leave you with only one weight number, so you won't be able to do progressive overload, and yes you may just add reps, but at a certain point, past around 12 reps, you are doing more endurance work than muscle building so it's a waste of time.
Well said

• +1
Reactions: randomuser2407
TL;DR - All you need to build a good physique is a pair of dumbbells and bodyweight movements.

• Spending $50 dollars a month on a gym pass (depending on where you live). Some gyms trap you into paying for a membership with mandatory contracts.
  • Having to fit your schedule around a gym’s opening and closing times if you don’t have access to a 24-hour gym.

Instead of wasting money on a gym pass, you spend $30 on a pair of dumbbells on amazon and work out at home.

All you need to do in order to build muscle is focus on a bodyweight or dumbbell movement and do it until failure. Rest, and then do it again until you hit your desired amount of sets.

It is that simple.

The problem is that most people are too lazy to work out till failure so they go and buy themselves a gym pass and undertrain themselves so they feel like they’re actually working out.

• Consistent results since you can work out anywhere. There’s no excuse not to work out.
  • Quicker recovery times since you’re not frying your CNS nervous system with super heavy sets.
  • Increased strength gains due to the fact that bigger muscles produce more force. If you want to exclusively train for strength go to a powerlifting gym, not a shitty commercial gym. Also, you’re not going be lifting shit with an FFMI less than twenty, you need to gain muscle in order to do that.
  • Press-ups
  • Dips
  • Lungees
  • Air Squats
  • Burpees
  • Standing calf raise

Dumbbell movements are obvious so I won’t add them here. If you need help picking dumbbell movements to target a certain muscle post a comment below and I’ll reply to it.
based home gym

It is that simple.

• Press-ups
  • Dips
  • Lungees
  • Air Squats
  • Burpees
  • Standing calf raise

You have a point but only if you also have a bench and barbell and at least 100kg to put on it.
With a barbell you can do the big 3 (Squats, Bench Press, Deadlift) + virtually all exercises you could do with machines except maybe the machines that directly target the lats and back, and for those you can just buy a pullup bar.

It is that simple.

• Press-ups
  • Dips
  • Lungees
  • Air Squats
  • Burpees
  • Standing calf raise

working out at home is actually fucking death tier, 0 jbs around, no one to mog + no machines which is literally the most important part in bodybuilding training, just fucking lol at ur iq you subhuman dog​

• +1
  • JFL
  • Ugh..
Reactions: zeshama, hypergamy, androgenic and 1 other person

working out at home is actually fucking death tier, 0 jbs around, no one to mog + no machines which is literally the most important part in bodybuilding training, just fucking lol at ur iq you subhuman dog​

I don't train for female validation. I train so I can split a man's skull in half with my bare hands.

• +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: zeshama, AsGoodAsItGets and Deleted member 17763

It is that simple.

• Press-ups
  • Dips
  • Lungees
  • Air Squats
  • Burpees
  • Standing calf raise

Jfl at thinking you can progressively overload with a pair of $30 dumbbells. Home workouts for a beginner could definitely add some muscle but its not gonna be anywhere near as efficient as progressively overloading with compound movements in the gym. Once you get to a certain training age home workouts just will not cut it as you need to overload to experience more muscle growth.

• +1
Reactions: RoundHouse
Jfl at thinking you can progressively overload with a pair of $30 dumbbells. Home workouts for a beginner could definitely add some muscle but its not gonna be anywhere near as efficient as progressively overloading with compound movements in the gym. Once you get to a certain training age home workouts just will not cut it as you need to overload to experience more muscle growth.
Buy new dumbbells then.

Title was a bit misleading, but I fully agree.

Homegym mogs.

But you have to buy equipments and have some spaces (few m² is enough)

• +1
Reactions: hypergamy
has good soft features and no bones. Just proves soft features and harmony mogs bones to the grave
bro it's a woman:lul: they don't need bones like men do

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 18310