[GTFIH] Sunscreen might be a gigacope/meme when it comes to preventing aging

and why it takes off in 30s? has to do with that NAD+ levels thing?

My guess would be that and other things that slow as you age. NAD+ definitely helps once you are in your 30s.

• +1
Reactions: Eduardo DOV
I don't think it's cope because it's been proven by science

It has never been proven

The mainstream view of skin ageing is that UV damages the cell nucleus due to a lack of protection whether it's clothing or sunscreen. At face value it makes some sense, since it's beyond doubt that countless people abuse UV tanning and develop cancers. However there are some big issues with this theory:

1) People are ageing significantly worse than they were historically, by many biometrics like fertility, athleticism, cancer average age, mental health etc.
2) Sunscreen was invented in the 1950s. Skin cancer rates have increased by 20x since then, based on a study done in Connecticut. Even in the youngest group in the study skin cancer rates still tripled.
3) The "dangers" of UV and cancer were only widely instilled via the media and education in the late 20th century. It had no effect on skin cancers or skin ageing.
4) Twin studies on ageing use unhealthy twins. Unhealthy people cannot repair cell damage, the same as they cannot fight bacterial infections. Believing that UV cell damage causes ageing is like believing that bacteria causes illness.
5) What does anti-ageing science involve? Dietary intervention (fewer calories, animal vitamin A, fasting, low inflammation), and the use of drugs like HGH which upregulate cell turnover and repair. If the mainstream narrative of cancer and ageing was true then anti-ageing treatments wouldn't work.

Conclusion: Ageing is primarily driven by diet and specifically metabolic health. This shouldn't be a surprise since just about every human pathology is mediated by metabolic health including most relevantly covid much to the chagrin of these same "experts". All of the most important nutrients for collage production are most readily found in foods that people eat less than ever. The average diet has caused a collagen crisis, a cellular repair crisis, a hormone crisis, all of which combine to make modern people completely at the mercy of external stressors (like the sun) which they are supposed to be able to tolerate easily for crucial health functions. If you listen to "experts" and eat as you are told to do, you will develop cancers and age poorly no matter what you do or how much sunscreen you use. There is ample evidence of this all over vegan communities. If you eat according to ancestral wisdom, you will have a long healthy life and will age gracefully.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: TrestIsBest, Deleted member 6423 and AlexBrown84
movies-clint-eastwood-the-good-the-bad-and-the-ugly-clint-wallpaper-preview.jpg

Clint Eastwood filming the Good the Bad and the Ugly at 36 years of age. This is when he was doing all those spaghetti westerns and in the sun all the time filming. Doesn't hurt his SMV because of him having a face where it just enhances the rugged look females like but many men in their early 50s have much less wrinkled skin than Eastwood does there. He has lived to a pretty old age however.

• +1
Reactions: kuroganeikki, Schizoidcel and Eduardo DOV
It seems stress for example is much worse for aging then getting sun.
Having a good facial structure.
Hormones.
your lifestyle.
I wouldn’t say stress is worse than sun damage

This thread is not about denying this effect of the sun on the facial aging, but the extent of it(aging is not only about skin appearence).
Okay, that's very different. You'd have to be careful with your parameters though. How much exposure exactly? What is the diet like? Are other age-delaying factors at play, like fasting?

I watched a show just the other day where Sinclair said smoking and sun exposure were 2 of the main things to age your cells faster. It doesn't really go against him saying that it can be slowed down by NAD+ and/or calorie restriction I guess.
Absolutely. As an aside, I take NAD as a supplement, along with fasting, quercetin, etc. etc.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: russiancelreturns and Lawton88
Okay, that's very different. You'd have to be careful with your parameters though. How much exposure exactly? What is the diet like? Are other age-delaying factors at play, like fasting?
like 20min some days a week to get a tan with time, and normal exposure mostly under the shadow when walking around the city or doing exercises outside.
When at the beach some days a year use sunscreen to not get burned when there

a good based diet with 19 hours intermitent fasting, nutrients and protein from red meat, liver etc, everything that is good for skin etc
yea I heard fasting is a good thing, maybe in future fast 2-3 days a month

what do you think

• +1
Reactions: TrestIsBest

Clint Eastwood filming the Good the Bad and the Ugly at 36 years of age. This is when he was doing all those spaghetti westerns and in the sun all the time filming. Doesn't hurt his SMV because of him having a face where it just enhances the rugged look females like but many men in their early 50s have much less wrinkled skin than Eastwood does there. He has lived to a pretty old age however.
he even was a smoker, jfl

• +1
Reactions: Lawton88
like 20min some days a week to get a tan with time, and normal exposure mostly under the shadow when walking around the city or doing exercises outside.
When at the beach some days a year use sunscreen to not get burned when there

a good based diet with 19 hours intermitent fasting, nutrients and protein from red meat, liver etc, everything that is good for skin etc
yea I heard fasting is a good thing, maybe in future fast 2-3 days a month

what do you think
I fast for 48 - 72 hours once a month, and I do intermittent fasting daily for about 20 hours. It's very uncomfortable at first, but you get used to it. Your liver will adapt and produce glucose.

• +1
Reactions: TrestIsBest, Ascendant and Eduardo DOV
I fast for 48 - 72 hours once a month, and I do intermittent fasting daily for about 20 hours. It's very uncomfortable at first, but you get used to it. Your liver will adapt and produce glucose.
interesting, that was just my plan jfl
19 hours instead

and what about sunscreen, do you use it ? what do you think of my routine of not caring too much about the sun

he is also like 91 jfl

• +1
Reactions: Lawton88
interesting, that was just my plan jfl
19 hours instead

and what about sunscreen, do you use it ? what do you think of my routine of not caring too much about the sun
I use a broad-spectrum 30 SPF sunscreen. I use it simply because it's easy to. idk how much it will help, but it will help some. I also eat very clean and take a shit-ton of supplements.

I think that if you're white, hyperpigmentation will come with time even with minimal exposure. It will just take longer.

This nigga is funny, his name is CHUANDO TAN
he is known for looking much younger, and apparently he tans his face, cause looks in some picture same color as his body under the sun:

The point of sunscreen is to prevent accelerated aging of the skin. It's not to prevent it entirely; the skin is an organ like any other that experiences decay w/ age.

...... okay? That doesn't really go against anything I said. What you posted can be completely true, and UVA can still be the larger contributor to photogaing.

But either way, just enjoy your life, don't wear your sunscreen if you are now convinced it won't make more than a minor difference.

• +1
I will still continue wearing sunscreen after this post JFL. Photoaging is real and it does affect your skin. I think genetics are underrated in determining how you age.

Hopefully I have my mums mogger aging genetics and not my dads (He is still NW0 though :owo:). My mum has been working a high stress job for 12 hours 5 days a week and sleeps about 4-5 hours and has barely aged.

Same my mom is 50 & can pass early 30s minus the gray hair

• +1
Reactions: mulattomaxxer and Eduardo DOV
Same my mom is 50 & can pass early 30s minus the gray hair
My mum could but she would have to lose weight. Being overweight is like +5-10 years older imo.

Not gonna listen to anything Sinclair says until he admits to dyeing his hair and his botox usage.

As for the sun, it's true people with higher melanin levels and gigachads like Dolph & Brad Pitt can get away with overtanning and drinking alcohol their lives while guys like Delon and Gandy will lose their looks early. Life isn't fair.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: TrestIsBest, PURE ARYAN GENETICS and Eduardo DOV
Not gonna listen to anything Sinclair says until he admits to dyeing his hair and his botox usage.

As for the sun, it's true people with higher melanin levels and gigachads like Dolph & Brad Pitt can get away with overtanning and drinking alcohol their lives while guys like Delon and Gandy will lose their looks early. Life isn't fair.
Not only does this retard get botox injections and dyes his hair, he straight had a facelift. If you look up some older videos with him, from like 2012 or so, his skin was lose af and all wrinkled etc. Then like 3-4 years ago he got a facelift. It is quite evident as well with his elf-like eyes and eyebrows, this is the skin area that gets pulled in facelifts the most.

He is a snake oil salesman, like 90% of everything else out there, including sunscreen and certain viruses.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: efidescontinuado, PURE ARYAN GENETICS, breadpill and 2 others
I’m not gonna lie I didn’t put sunscreen on for a day and it felt like my skin was getting cooked
Like a burning sensation
I think sunscreen is needed because the sun is increasing in temperature, due to global warming and greenhouse gases

• Hmm...
Use Melanotan. if sunscreen maxxing makes one a pale ghost

• Ugh..
  • +1
Reactions: TrestIsBest and efidescontinuado
I’m not gonna lie I didn’t put sunscreen on for a day and it felt like my skin was getting cooked
Like a burning sensation
I think sunscreen is needed because the sun is increasing in temperature, due to global warming and greenhouse gases
what you felt that on your face?

It has never been proven

The mainstream view of skin ageing is that UV damages the cell nucleus due to a lack of protection whether it's clothing or sunscreen. At face value it makes some sense, since it's beyond doubt that countless people abuse UV tanning and develop cancers. However there are some big issues with this theory:

1) People are ageing significantly worse than they were historically, by many biometrics like fertility, athleticism, cancer average age, mental health etc.
2) Sunscreen was invented in the 1950s. Skin cancer rates have increased by 20x since then, based on a study done in Connecticut. Even in the youngest group in the study skin cancer rates still tripled.
3) The "dangers" of UV and cancer were only widely instilled via the media and education in the late 20th century. It had no effect on skin cancers or skin ageing.
4) Twin studies on ageing use unhealthy twins. Unhealthy people cannot repair cell damage, the same as they cannot fight bacterial infections. Believing that UV cell damage causes ageing is like believing that bacteria causes illness.
5) What does anti-ageing science involve? Dietary intervention (fewer calories, animal vitamin A, fasting, low inflammation), and the use of drugs like HGH which upregulate cell turnover and repair. If the mainstream narrative of cancer and ageing was true then anti-ageing treatments wouldn't work.

Conclusion: Ageing is primarily driven by diet and specifically metabolic health. This shouldn't be a surprise since just about every human pathology is mediated by metabolic health including most relevantly covid much to the chagrin of these same "experts". All of the most important nutrients for collage production are most readily found in foods that people eat less than ever. The average diet has caused a collagen crisis, a cellular repair crisis, a hormone crisis, all of which combine to make modern people completely at the mercy of external stressors (like the sun) which they are supposed to be able to tolerate easily for crucial health functions. If you listen to "experts" and eat as you are told to do, you will develop cancers and age poorly no matter what you do or how much sunscreen you use. There is ample evidence of this all over vegan communities. If you eat according to ancestral wisdom, you will have a long healthy life and will age gracefully.
What’s a good diet

Yeah i think sunscreen is cope. I spent almost 2 years in my house without getting sun because of the pandemic and the online classes, and this years was by far the worts in term of skin and collagen loss, all because of the constant cortisol and bad sleep schedule. So in my experience keeping the cortisol as low as possible is the best antiaging.

• +1
Reactions: TrestIsBest and Eduardo DOV
most people on that reddit are dumb foids bs-ing about things they don't quite understand. Never found any decent post with strong scientific evidence on any important topic. They just cherrypick some studies and done, they "debunked" something. Just like some tard teens do here as well.

Sure, it may be overblown, but there's still some evidence against heavy sun exposure and none proving the opposite, which idk I might be wrong but I feel like you trying to say sun exposure or taning does good for the skin?

Anyways, as usual a lot of stupid anecdotes itt, male models pictures "proving" points, things like "my mom looks 40 when she's 80" (sure lemme see that hag and I'll tell you if it's true or not :lul:)

it still won't hurt to stick with it until we have more research done on it.

• +1
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS
@Eduardo DOV bro applying daily sunscreen is a good habit
im currently doing it because of this girl - i think she is now 40yo and more than 15y using ret and daily sunscreen (indoors too)

im currently doing it because of this girl - i think she is now 40yo and more than 15y using ret and daily sunscreen (indoors too)

indoors is retarded. if your setup is correct no more uv reaches you indoors than outside with 50spf :feelshmm::tiny:

I've seen her
she also uses retin a(and I think u need sunscreen also if u're using retin a)

idk to be honest,its not like she didnt age,yes her skin looks good

that reddit guys probably boneless people, blaming sunscreen didn't prevent them from looking "old". sunscreen prevent wrinkles, having thin skin and patches. ss Is not a miracle saving you from being old, old look caused by many other dynamics.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 17244
@eduardkoopman thoughts?

She literally looks her age

Fuck sunscreen Ganna stop using this shit

LOOK at amnesia who tanned in his early 30s

Nigga looks 5 years younger than when he was pale just wtf

Keep in mind he was like 32 just wtf. He didn’t even use melanotan

Attachments

• F2D19BCF-E94D-4EE0-A6D5-9FE51BAA5236.png
    F2D19BCF-E94D-4EE0-A6D5-9FE51BAA5236.png
    497.7 KB · Views: 0
@eduardkoopman thoughts?
1. managing sun exposure and sunscreen, is a part of skincare.
2. tretinoin, retinol, vitamine A users in skincare. Need to protect extra due to sensitivity
3. it's better to be sun avoiding, than to be caking oneself in sunscreen daily, yet in the sun alot. I didn't use any sunscreen for 35 years basically; still had decent good skin because I wasn't much in the sun in general.

ALL, anit-aging moggers in skin looks. mention sunscreen, and/or avoiding tanning/alot of sun expsosure

So, I stick with sunscreen.

I do like to add.
ALOT, just buy cheap sunscreens. Need to buy UVA+UVB though. Even though cheap ones, do the trick of sunblock. They put other stuff in there as well, which might make it shit. So, research to find a good suncreen, overall inghredients. And I like to also use the oil controlled ones, because otherwise look to shiny using most sunscreens.
She literally looks her age
nope, looks at minimum 5 years younger in skin

• +1
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS, Cidre enjoyer and Lars
nope, looks at minimum 5 years younger in skin

Lmfao.

Bruh the difference between a fucking 42 yr old and 37 year old is literally minuscule LMAO.

If you’re chaundo tan maxxing you should strive to look 25 for as long as possible

Not look 38 at 40 jfl

• JFL
...Why would you use sunscreen indoors, though? Unless you are always near a window.

Fuck sunscreen Ganna stop using this shit

LOOK at amnesia who tanned in his early 30s

Nigga looks 5 years younger than when he was pale just wtf

Keep in mind he was like 32 just wtf. He didn’t even use melanotan
holy shit what the fuck how recent is that pic. he's ascended even harder than previously :feelshmm::hnghn:

I have seen enough people that work outside a lot to know too much sun will really age your skin after some years. I don't use sunscreen but try not to get too much sun either most times I am out in it.

Lol sun exposure causes photoaging deadass

You ever seen the skin of older people that go tanning every summer?? They look like leather sofas. Its common sense to realize that spf50 will protect you from skin aging to your face/body.
Does spf30 achieve the same protection?

To prove the sun causes ageing a study has to be done in healthy twins, or a healthy population. All the anecdotal data connected the sun to ageing is in people who are either in advanced disease states (obese etc) or otherwise malnourished standard diet consumers. This is a confounding variable, since the alternative (and correct) theory is that metabolic disease limits the ability for cells to repair from normal damage. The data on skin cancer quite clearly shows that rates sky rocketed since the 1950s which doesn't fit any theory that the sun is the cause since sunscreen usage has become ubiquitous since then. Those leathery boomers you see at the beach, guess what they are religious about sunscreen usage. They're also religious about vegetable oils, grains, and avoiding saturated fats.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Corleone, Dainslief and Lawton88
To prove the sun causes ageing a study has to be done in healthy twins, or a healthy population. All the anecdotal data connected the sun to ageing is in people who are either in advanced disease states (obese etc) or otherwise malnourished standard diet consumers. This is a confounding variable, since the alternative (and correct) theory is that metabolic disease limits the ability for cells to repair from normal damage. The data on skin cancer quite clearly shows that rates sky rocketed since the 1950s which doesn't fit any theory that the sun is the cause since sunscreen usage has become ubiquitous since then. Those leathery boomers you see at the beach, guess what they are religious about sunscreen usage. They're also religious about vegetable oils, grains, and avoiding saturated fats.

Unless you are getting crazy amounts of sun radiation I think most peopes skin can handle it up until around mid 30s but as you get older if you don't limit it some you will definitely speed up the breakdown of the collagen and elastin etc big time.

Unless you are getting crazy amounts of sun radiation I think most peopes skin can handle it up until around mid 30s but as you get older if you don't limit it some you will definitely speed up the breakdown of the collagen and elastin etc big time.
Optimal health requires about 30-60 mins per day of sun exposure. We evolved to be able to sustain this sort of exposure without degradation and it's enough to maintain a glow. Which leaves the sunscreen camp in a bit of a dilemma since everything they believe runs counter to health, biology and nature if such exposure causes ageing, and thus a loss of attractiveness and ability to procreate.

This is the same debate that runs parallel in all sorts of other areas like vaccines and food. You have a camp of modernists or transhumanists who deny the natural and who believe that humans can be improved through supplementation and drug usage. Then you have the traditionalist or naturalist camp that understands that humans are detached from nature, malnourished, diseased, inflamed, and that all our modern health problems stem from this. Normal sun exposure to a healthy person becomes dangerous exposure to an unhealthy person who decides to smear chemicals on his skin instead of reassess his diet and lifestyle because it's more convenient.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Dainslief, Eduardo DOV, Lawton88 and 1 other person
Optimal health requires about 30-60 mins per day of sun exposure. We evolved to be able to sustain this sort of exposure without degradation and it's enough to maintain a glow. Which leaves the sunscreen camp in a bit of a dilemma since everything they believe runs counter to health, biology and nature if such exposure causes ageing, and thus a loss of attractiveness and ability to procreate.

This is the same debate that runs parallel in all sorts of other areas like vaccines and food. You have a camp of modernists or transhumanists who deny the natural and who believe that humans can be improved through supplementation and drug usage. Then you have the traditionalist or naturalist camp that understands that humans are detached from nature, malnourished, diseased, inflamed, and that all our modern health problems stem from this. Normal sun exposure to a healthy person becomes dangerous exposure to an unhealthy person who decides to smear chemicals on his skin instead of reassess his diet and lifestyle because it's more convenient.
mogs