Harvard, Yale, Princeton, MIT, Stanford, Oxford, Cambridge

You are talking about law. In that field prestige is everything, but not in economics, finance and even less in quant finance.

So you turned down a cushy WS IB job straight out of college because of long hours and health issues?

Aren't long hours a requirement to keep in mind for students embarking on a Bsc -> Msc Finance/Economics, to get a finance gig on WS? Or did you get your back problems later?

So know you're day trading right? I only have a Bsc in an unrelated field, but I'm currently getting into Day trading as trying to make it my main source of income.

If it's ever possible for you to drop some PM advice from your experience in the field, that would be greatly appreciated as I'm just getting started and trying to implement solid strategies.

Thanks

EDIT: I also was thinking of getting a MO job in Finance after graduating, but the stress and long hours put me off, as I'm putting Looksmaxing as my top priority (Ever seen the look evolution of a 30-year old IB associate or MD? Norwooding from stress, shit skin from takeaway diet and lack of sleep, weight gain, you name it...)

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: ChadFucksYourOneitis
So you turned down a cushy WS IB job straight out of college because of long hours and health issues?
Yes, and because I don't want to devote my life to a jew.
I got my back problems on my last year of college.
Aren't long hours a requirement to keep in mind for students embarking on a Bsc -> Msc Finance/Economics, to get a finance gig on WS? Or did you get your back problems later?
The first two years of study were not that hard for me because I am good at math. The last two years of college were tough, I had to study a lot finance/economics/econometrics theory
So know you're day trading right? I only have a Bsc in an unrelated field, but I'm currently getting into Day trading as trying to make it my main source of income.
Yes. If you are good at math and stats you can do it.
If it's ever possible for you to drop some PM advice from your experience in the field, that would be greatly appreciated as I'm just getting started and trying to implement solid strategies.
Yeah sure. I am also launching my site on december/january.
EDIT: I also was thinking of getting a MO job in Finance after graduating, but the stress and long hours put me off, as I'm putting Looksmaxing as my top priority (Ever seen the look evolution of a 30-year old IB associate or MD? Norwooding from stress, shit skin from takeaway diet and lack of sleep, weight gain, you name it...)
Working in quant finance 12+ hours per day ruins your health and aesthetics.
This is me at almost 31 vs my friend working on quant finance at 27:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200709-170940_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20200709-170940_WhatsApp.jpg
    218.6 KB · Views: 29
  • Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    25.4 KB · Views: 29
stupid kid if you are NAVY SEAL it will be much better. "oh you went to Harvard? Nice bro I was a SEAL"

but not in economics, finance and even less in quant finance.

Don't quant firms and top tier buy side firms / IB recruit exclusively from HYPSM / Wharton and maybe ivies?

No, every area in fianance is the same. You dont have a clue. I have 2 masters in finance, i know what i talk about.

Whats the best path to get into buy side firms / more specifically hedge funds? I've been slaving to get into HYPSM / wharton (99 percentile sat, great ECs (published research, patents filed, president of clubs) good grades, essays, and recs) etc. And thinking of going to top tier institution -> IB / consulting at top firm / quant -> exit to buy side / hedge funds

What do you think? Is there a more optimal path to get to the big bucks / more optimal hours?

Whats the best path to get into buy side firms / more specifically hedge funds? I've been slaving to get into HYPSM / wharton (99 percentile sat, great ECs (published research, patents filed, president of clubs) good grades, essays, and recs) etc. And thinking of going to top tier institution -> IB / consulting at top firm / quant -> exit to buy side / hedge funds

What do you think? Is there a more optimal path to get to the big bucks / more optimal hours?
Which major did you do?
The best path is a phd in math but if you are not a genious you should get a phd in stats like me.

tfw crap degree from non-oxbridge uni

Just be born into an incredibly wealthy and/or powerful family and donate an entire building to get into Harvard bro

You have no idea how rigged college admissions are at that level
True.

• +1
Reactions: Copeful
Which major did you do?
The best path is a phd in math but if you are not a genious you should get a phd in stats like me.

Im still in high school. Planning on shooting for programs like UPenn's M&T where you get a dual degree in computer science and finance from wharton. Im not sure if I want to go into quant as I don't think im the smartest. (Excell in math / qualify for math olympiads but not the best of the best). Haven't looked into getting a PHD, hoping to get recruited out of undergrad. I heard many quant firms recruit undergrads out of HYPSM, but the further you go academia wise the less school matters.

Haven't looked into getting a PHD, hoping to get recruited out of undergrad. I heard many quant firms recruit undergrads out of HYPSM, but the further you go academia wise the less school matters.

I'm just praying I get into HYPSM / Wharton / Uchicago this upcoming application season (Im a senior in HS currently) so I can get recruited straight out of undergrad to top firms.

I'm just praying I get into HYPSM / Wharton / Uchicago this upcoming application season (Im a senior in HS currently) so I can get recruited straight out of undergrad to top firms.

Stats?

Pretty decent stats I think 1550 sat, decent ECs (published research, patents filed, president of clubs, paid internship at major Aerospace company) 3.9 UW 4.5 W at competitive high school. Although I am an asian male so it will be hard af. Im shotgunning T10 because money isn't an issue for me, and praying I can get into one of the schools.

• +1
Pretty decent stats I think 1550 sat, decent ECs (published research, patents filed, president of clubs, paid internship at major Aerospace company) 3.9 UW 4.5 W at competitive high school. Although I am an asian male so it will be hard af. Im shotgunning T10 because money isn't an issue for me, and praying I can get into one of the schools.

Gl brah I had similar stats but you have better EC’s. What major, AeroE?

Gl brah I had similar stats but you have better EC’s. What major, AeroE?
Nah CS + Business cause i also do USACO and AIME and the business part comes from business comps / startups and stuff. Can you pm me ur stats / ecs and results if u dont mind?

• +1

weird to think i might know u...

but in general, all that shit was so fucking useless. give up all that unless u wanna be a permacel chink for the rest of ur youth jfl, no matter what uni ur at.

it's actually over for americans wtf

I went to a good school in canada for cs and all I had to do was select the uni and program from drop down menus

none of this letter of recommendation, extra curriculars, sat etc. bullshit

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6963, Copeful, BonesAndHarmony and 2 others
weird to think i might know u...

but in general, all that shit was so fucking useless. give up all that unless u wanna be a permacel chink for the rest of ur youth jfl, no matter what uni ur at.

What makes you think I'm a permacel chink lmao. I'm actually one of the few academic tryhards at my school that looks put together - also have low inhib and been pulling some solid chicks. I'm not your stereotypical tryhard chink cuck lmao

Lol you wont get recruited out of undergrad. I have a masters in financial engineering from an ivy league with almost perfect gpa and even for me it was difficult to get a job in ws. Are you guys retarded or what? I was also a phd candidate and i speak 3 languages. I could also code in r, python, sql and sas.

• +1
Reactions: ChadFucksYourOneitis and sytyl
it's actually over for americans wtf

I went to a good school in canada for cs and all I had to do was select the uni and program from drop down menus

none of this letter of recommendation, extra curriculars, sat etc. bullshit
It never began. They do all that shit and then they finish school and they have to compete with chinks who are willing to work 14 hours per day for pennies.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: mulattomaxxer, Copeful, Deleted member 6997 and 1 other person
Lol you wont get recruited out of undergrad. I have a masters in financial engineering from an ivy league with almost perfect gpa and even for me it was difficult to get a job in ws. Are you guys retarded or what? I was also a phd candidate and i speak 3 languages. I could also code in r, python, sql and sas.

These days everyone speaks 3 languages and knows python/r/sql lmao. But back to the point, I have friends who went to harvard/yale/princeton and got internships at citadel / jane street freshman/sophmore/junior summer. I also know several people at wharton that ended up at Buldge Bracket banks as summer internships. I wouldn't say there's vast recruiting, but I will say its definitely possible to go from internship -> return offer -> offer out of undergrad

• +1
These days everyone speaks 3 languages and knows python/r/sql lmao. But back to the point, I have friends who went to harvard/yale/princeton and got internships at citadel / jane street freshman/sophmore/junior summer. I also know several people at wharton that ended up at Buldge Bracket banks as summer internships. I wouldn't say there's vast recruiting, but I will say its definitely possible to go from internship -> return offer -> offer out of undergrad
Yeah sure and everybody has two masters in finance. Clown.

• JFL
Internship is not a job boy. You get paid shit and work like a negro. After the internship you get fired and they hire a chink for pennies. Welcome to reality. A job is working 9 to 5 for 8 to 10 k in NY or 5 k elsewhere.

• +1
Internship is not a job boy. You get paid shit and work like a negro. After the internship you get fired and they hire a chink for pennies. Welcome to reality. A job is working 9 to 5 for 8 to 10 k in NY or 5 k elsewhere.

Is it hard to turn internships into return offers though?

Its the only hard part. Everybody gets internships.

Mhm maybe I'll reconsider my plan. Given I get into a HYPSM school for undergrad, would it be better to seek lower tiered jobs out of undergrad then return to school for a MBA, or pursue something like a masters/phd at a ivy league /equivalent school?

Mhm maybe I'll reconsider my plan. Given I get into a HYPSM school for undergrad, would it be better to seek lower tiered jobs out of undergrad then return to school for a MBA, or pursue something like a masters/phd at a ivy league /equivalent school?
Mba ia worthless. Phd in math or stats is ideal, if it is in ivy league its better. For the phd in math you need to be a genious. For the stats one you dont, but you need to be high iq. I got 138 in mensa and i found it difficult, but i passed every course and i have a gpa of 8.5/10.

For the phd in math you need to be a genious. For the stats one you dont, but you need to be high iq.

Hm. I see. I've read some mathematics research papers a can see why it would be hard af to contribute to math research wise. Is stats research a little bit easier? (To get your PHD)

crazy threads man 😳

No wonder why this boy is in looksmax.me
He is willing to be hardworking incel..

Hm. I see. I've read some mathematics research papers a can see why it would be hard af to contribute to math research wise. Is stats research a little bit easier? (To get your PHD)
stats research is ten times easier than math research. Still much more difficult than engineering or economics research.

Yes, and because I don't want to devote my life to a jew.
I got my back problems on my last year of college.

The first two years of study were not that hard for me because I am good at math. The last two years of college were tough, I had to study a lot finance/economics/econometrics theory

Yes. If you are good at math and stats you can do it.

Yeah sure. I am also launching my site on december/january.

Working in quant finance 12+ hours per day ruins your health and aesthetics.
This is me at almost 31 vs my friend working on quant finance at 27:
i fucking hated applied Econometrics. Our lecturer was new and you bascially had to teach it yourself. All 3 of my econometrics modules in undergrad each took up as much time as 2-3 other modules. My mates that only choose easier marketing/business/finance related modules, had so much more spare time. One of my biggest regrets tbh.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5292
i fucking hated applied Econometrics. Our lecturer was new and you bascially had to teach it yourself. All 3 of my econometrics modules in undergrad each took up as much time as 2-3 other modules. My mates that only choose easier marketing/business/finance related modules, had so much more spare time. One of my biggest regrets tbh.
I hate econometrics too. I did it at masters level also so it was an even bigger pain in the ass. If you dont like algebra like me its horrible. I prefer finance cuz i love calculus.

• +1
Reactions: Casadonis
Someone who makes it in one of those surely wouldn't waste his time rotting on here. Also genetics, you need top tier talent to get there, as usual us mortals can only watch the genetic elite live the life we dream of

Read only the first page of the thread,

People fail to understand that the point is, HYPSM-Oxbridge Axis instantly guarantees you a job, it's like chad getting a chick, he just needs to show up and put the least effort.

Sure you're still subhuman, but at least you're rich boyo.

• +1
Reactions: PubertyMaxxer and mulattomaxxer
Princeton > Harvard > Oxford/Cambridge

This is my path to Greatness. Should have done a summer semester at Stanford or Yale before COVID hit, damn it. I want to collect all the ivies.
clearly a narcy who's trying to make yourself feel good that you got into princeton, when its actually harvard/oxford/cambridge > princeton.
princeton is great but its not the best faggot

Read only the first page of the thread,

People fail to understand that the point is, HYPSM-Oxbridge Axis instantly guarantees you a job, it's like chad getting a chick, he just needs to show up and put the least effort.

Sure you're still subhuman, but at least you're rich boyo.
Yeah sure boy 🤣🤣🤣

Yeah sure boy 🤣🤣🤣
Do you think you will have time to enjoy youth if you do this 8 year course in these top universities? I think most will be study dedicated incels, cuz in korea it is like that. Most are incels who are dedicating most of time to study. Like they instinctually know betabuxx is the only chance they got

Do you think you will have time to enjoy youth if you do this 8 year course in these top universities? I think most will be study dedicated incels, cuz in korea it is like that. Most are incels who are dedicating most of time to study. Like they instinctually know betabuxx is the only chance they got
If you do math no. If you do stats just a little. But what other option do you have if you want to succeed in finance without connections?(a bachelor in marketing wont get you far)

If you do math no. If you do stats just a little. But what other option do you have if you want to succeed in finance without connections?(a bachelor in marketing wont get you far)
Do you have time to hit festivals or travel?

Do you have time to hit festivals or travel?
Now I don't because I am creating my company. But I had some time until june. Like short trips (2 to 3 days).

Now I don't because I am creating my company. But I had some time until june. Like short trips (2 to 3 days).
No like in uni days. In your 20s

No like in uni days. In your 20s
in undergrad almost no time to party, because i was an idiot who devoted a lot of time to get top grades. I graduated with the highest GPA of the class but that didn't help me to get a decent job due to being autistic af. In grad studies I relaxed a bit and I enjoyed a little bit more of spare time.

in undergrad almost no time to party, because i was an idiot who devoted a lot of time to get top grades. I graduated with the highest GPA of the class but that didn't help me to get a decent job due to being autistic af. In grad studies I relaxed a bit and I enjoyed a little bit more of spare time.
Insane dedication ngl mirin. Im 20 and didnt go to uni with fucked up gpa. What should i do? Literally only job i was able to find was shit customer service or mcdolands or dishwashing. If i go to uni i will do surgery at almost 30 tbh

Insane dedication ngl mirin. Im 20 and didnt go to uni with fucked up gpa. What should i do? Literally only job i was able to find was shit customer service or mcdolands or dishwashing. If i go to uni i will do surgery at almost 30 tbh
You are still very young. Go to uni unless you have a great idea or skill. Uni does not guarantee anything, but its better to go if you want to have a future. Also learn how to code asap.

You are still very young. Go to uni unless you have a great idea or skill. Uni does not guarantee anything, but its better to go if you want to have a future. Also learn how to code asap.
But this nigga op says if i dont go HYPC mit whatever im a loser :lul: :lul: :lul: :lul:

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5292
Bump

Thinking about studying CS or Physical Eng. or Chemical Eng. there and then go into Late Stage Venture Capital

Is a 3.7 GPA enough to get into any of these if i apply to each of them in one?