Having BDD must suck

D

Deleted member 2846

Kraken
Imagine your whole life being 100% dominated by thoughts about your looks and others. You can’t even look in the mirror without thinking how ugly and deformed you look. Your mental image of yourself is literally warped. You look in the mirror to make sure you look alright but you just see the warped image, staring back at you.

You can barely remember the last time you looked decent. You look in the mirror and see your flaws, all separated and picked out, yet all staring back at you. You can’t go a minute without thinking about your looks, your flaws, your literal face and body that makes you, you. You are stuck in a prison with the ugliest face imaginable. You can’t even seek asylum with yourself. You hate the way you look. You can’t stand yourself. You hate it. Yet you can’t change anything about it.

You look at other people’s faces, their bodies, you analyze everything wrong with them. Your mind is racing, what’s wrong with him? With her? You compare yourself to perfection, something unattainable. Your reality is shattered, it can and will never be the same again. You know too much. You know every bone in the face. You know all your flaws. You have to live with this ugly, hideous, far from perfect, monster. You see it every time you look in the mirror.

The thoughts can’t and will never leave your head. You know too much about your flaws. It is like forbidden knowledge. It all started off by questioning one flaw and just started to snowball. You became addicted to knowing your flaws, picking yourself apart, killing yourself. You have a constant pressure over your head. No medication can fix you. No therapist can help you. There is no cure for it. You are stuck with your knowledge, with your broken, deluded reality forever. There is no way to cope. You just have to own it. Everyday, you try to ignore it, but it slowly gets worse. You’re sucked into a blackhole.

No one understands you, yet you think everyone does. You think the people who don’t understand are the crazy ones, the ones that don’t get it. You have the forbidden knowledge. You know what perfection is, yet it is impossible to achieve it. You are stuck with the burden of having this knowledge, yet the only people who understand are also broken and deluded. You are stuck in a different reality than everyone else, yet you think you are the sane one.

• +1
  • JFL
  • So Sad
Reactions: FacialStructure404, bendoverer, SayNoToRotting and 12 others
It's genetic flaw too.

Looks are everytang

• +1
Reactions: FacialStructure404 and Over
Bdd = ur ugli

• +1
Reactions: FacialStructure404, reptiles and Deleted member 2227
Imagine your whole life being 100% dominated by thoughts about your looks and others. You can’t even look in the mirror without thinking how ugly and deformed you look. Your mental image of yourself is literally warped. You look in the mirror to make sure you look alright but you just see the warped image, staring back at you.

You can barely remember the last time you looked decent. You look in the mirror and see your flaws, all separated and picked out, yet all staring back at you. You can’t go a minute without thinking about your looks, your flaws, your literal face and body that makes you, you. You are stuck in a prison with the ugliest face imaginable. You can’t even seek asylum with yourself. You hate the way you look. You can’t stand yourself. You hate it. Yet you can’t change anything about it.

You look at other people’s faces, their bodies, you analyze everything wrong with them. Your mind is racing, what’s wrong with him? With her? You compare yourself to perfection, something unattainable. Your reality is shattered, it can and will never be the same again. You know too much. You know every bone in the face. You know all your flaws. You have to live with this ugly, hideous, far from perfect, monster. You see it every time you look in the mirror.

The thoughts can’t and will never leave your head. You know too much about your flaws. It is like forbidden knowledge. It all started off by questioning one flaw and just started to snowball. You became addicted to knowing your flaws, picking yourself apart, killing yourself. You have a constant pressure over your head. No medication can fix you. No therapist can help you. There is no cure for it. You are stuck with your knowledge, with your broken, deluded reality forever. There is no way to cope. You just have to own it. Everyday, you try to ignore it, but it slowly gets worse. You’re sucked into a blackhole.

No one understands you, yet you think everyone does. You think the people who don’t understand are the crazy ones, the ones that don’t get it. You have the forbidden knowledge. You know what perfection is, yet it is impossible to achieve it. You are stuck with the burden of having this knowledge, yet the only people who understand are also broken and deluded. You are stuck in a different reality than everyone else, yet you think you are the sane one.
Can't relate never had bdd.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2846
"BDD appears to be a complex disorder in which heritable factors"

Majority mental problems is a genetic flaw.
genetically inferior jfl. what a curse

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 2227

BDD is no joke.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3195
never experienced it

Shit sounds very familiar but I am afraid I just want to delude myself into thinking that my brain warps my image and in reality I am more attractive, I dont k kw what's reality anymore.

Dn rd bdd is cope you're just ugly

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: FacialStructure404, Deleted member 17920, yang and 3 others
brutal. should go ER tbh

• JFL
Your opposite problem

• JFL
Reactions: Squirtoutmabooty, Deleted member 2810 and Deleted member 2227
no, you just realised most people are ugly

if you are blackpill about looks you know what actions you can take to improve your own

knowing about this stuff also raises my standards in women - hot women are out there

so the end result is me getting better looking, not settling for ugly women, and improving how people react to me due to moving up PSL points.

Life is not destroyed it is improved.

Blackpill saves lives.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: FacialStructure404, forwardgrowth, Deleted member 2227 and 2 others
Shit sounds very familiar but I am afraid I just want to delude myself into thinking that my brain warps my image and in reality I am more attractive, I dont k kw what's reality anymore.
Yeah same. I don't even know what I look like. I am worried that my brain morphs my image in the mirror to make me feel better

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 2227, cardiologist, ovosoundszn and 1 other person
i have really bad bdd

i literally don't knw what i look like, i only know i'm GL

can't tell if my midfacve is long or short, high fwhr slayer or not
dont know what pheno i have, don't know if i look tall or short

• +1
Reactions: forwardgrowth
Yeah same. I don't even know what I look like. I am worried that my brain morphs my image in the mirror to make me feel better
That's how I feel too and that's what I am afraid of as well. Only mirror I really can cope with is my bathroom mirror which I use since forever. But when I see myself at hairdresser or fitting room that "i dont look that bad" gets obliterated...

I think I got some major symptoms of BDD but on the other hand maybe I just want to believe that I am more attractive to other people. I wake up and look different, afternoon I look different, at night I look different. Its fucked.

• Woah
  • So Sad
Reactions: RAITEIII and IWantToMax
not a single letter

That's how I feel too and that's what I am afraid of as well. Only mirror I really can cope with is my bathroom mirror which I use since forever. But when I see myself at hairdresser or fitting room that "i dont look that bad" gets obliterated...

I think I got some major symptoms of BDD but on the other hand maybe I just want to believe that I am more attractive to other people. I wake up and look different, afternoon I look different, at night I look different. Its fucked.
Same, I also noticed some patters.

At night I look infinitely better, and when I am in a good mood I feel like a God.
Things change when I am upset for something, I look like shit.

Looks also depend on the mirror for me as well. In regular bathroom mirrors I look good, at the barber I look like shit, in black mirrors(windows reflection, phone) I look good, in photos I look like shit.

• +1
Reactions: RAITEIII and Over
Interesting. In black mirrors I look like dog shit because my acne scars are so visible in the reflection. Same about photos, I dont take them anymore because its too big of a mental scar.

and when I am in a good mood
Mood is a keyword I think. It greatly influenced my perception too. Have you been to psychiatrist yet? I think I am going to book a visit this week to get some antidepressant drugs that might help me with my image problems.

• +1
Reactions: RAITEIII and IWantToMax
Interesting. In black mirrors I look like dog shit because my acne scars are so visible in the reflection. Same about photos, I dont take them anymore because its too big of a mental scar.

Mood is a keyword I think. It greatly influenced my perception too. Have you been to psychiatrist yet? I think I am going to book a visit this week to get some antidepressant drugs that might help me with my image problems.
Never been to any, but I don't feel the need to go tbh.
I can live a pretty normal life anyway

• +1
Reactions: Over
i have bdd from when i was uglier

mainly bad skin, even less of a jaw, and big nose

i still have that mental imagine of myself all the time

• +1
i have bdd from when i was uglier

mainly bad skin, even less of a jaw, and big nose

i still have that mental imagine of myself all the time
Can mental image from the past "overlay" over your current image?

Can mental image from the past "overlay" over your current image?

yes, i still see my past self until i look in the mirror

• +1
psl forums unironically induced body disphoria in me, although its more like "what could have been" how different my life would have been if I looked differently, how happy I would be, how many memories I would have,
but instead I am stuck in this prison cell waiting for death hoping I will be happy in the next life

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: forwardgrowth, Deleted member 2227, ovosoundszn and 2 others
I am stuck in this prison cell
Ekeoma_The_BBC

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Ekeoma_The_BBC and karbo
Im not sure if i have bdd

Fcking brutal that s my life
I m gen trash tho

i have really bad bdd

i literally don't knw what i look like, i only know i'm GL

can't tell if my midfacve is long or short, high fwhr slayer or not
dont know what pheno i have, don't know if i look tall or short
Your sig shows how insanely low inhib Barrett is

if you are blackpill about looks you know what actions you can take to improve your own

knowing about this stuff also raises my standards in women - hot women are out there

so the end result is me getting better looking, not settling for ugly women, and improving how people react to me due to moving up PSL points.

Blackpill saves lives.
No blackpill made me unable to cope

Blackpill saves lives.
you realize bdd is actually a real thing and some attractive people legitimately think they are ugly. it’s not just “i’m ugly oh no”

Damn this thread is a hope killer for anyone with bdd

• +1
>wake up
>look in mirror
>day ruined

MY LIFE = HELL
Giphy

• JFL
What the fuck does BDD stands for.
Also sounds around 2/3 me.
NVM I understand what BDD now.
Your experience.
Do girls like you, or do they not.

Last edited:

@IWantToMax Guys... you are telling my life with your words.

BDD can affect people no matter what they look like and also can be present in multiple ways in one individual.

I personally make a distinction:
-Delusional type BDD : you see and obsess over things that are not happening. For example looking a different way throughout the day.
There were days in which I could like the way I looked and I would keep checking on the mirror, and keep checking, and keep doing it, till eventually finding something that allegedly looks different.

- Non delusional BDD : what you are seeing is real, but doesn't necessarily mean that it's accurate, it might be or it might not, for example considering the size of your nose huge when in reality it's just fine.

It's more than "you're just ugly". You start to engage in behaviors such as avoiding social situations (you struggle going to class, make eye contact...), have rituals and beliefs about silly things that might make you look better/worse ( for example I usually think I look worse after having a shower, if I were to go somewhere important I'd probably shower one day before), constant mirror checking with variable degrees of emotion depending on how you look at that moment. .. among others.
This is not the case with people who don't look good but don't have BDD.

BDD has a high rate of comorbity with other mental illness such as SA and the longer we take to be aware of this situation the most damage our brain will be bound to suffer.

In my personal case despite any possibility of being just a genetic trait I do think that it was developed due to multiple detrimental circumstances present throughout my childhood phase.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Over, IWantToMax and Deleted member 2846
  • JFL
I'd go down to PSL 3.5 if I could get rid of my BDD dedsrs

BDD as you describe it is rare. The far more common type of BDD is fatties thinking they look good.

fat-lady-underwear-looking-her-footage-074935671_iconl.jpeg

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: MandibularCel, Over and Deleted member 2227
BDD as you describe it is rare. The far more common type of BDD is fatties thinking they look good.

fat-lady-underwear-looking-her-footage-074935671_iconl.jpeg

That's true, BDD is just a thing that paranoid people use to cope with being UGLY, so they will cope saying that the mirror is morphimg them to a bad/ugly version.

Would it still count as BDD if an individual's lack of sexual attention from members of the opposite gender during the first 1/3 of their life legitimately was due to to a subpar face?

Would it still count as BDD if an individual's lack of sexual attention from members of the opposite gender during the first 1/3 of their life legitimately was due to to a subpar face?
Idk tbh. do u think you’re attractive (even in the slightest)

Idk tbh. do u think you’re attractive (even in the slightest)

I think I'm a bit better-looking (in my post-surgery state following my first round of surgeries) than I was prior to surgery, but I think that various fundamental elements of my face (basic ratios/proportions, harmony, etc.) in addition to subhuman eye area are holding me back from being a legitimately GL guy in the stereotypical sense. I will cautiously say that I think I may have the potential to get there, but at the cost of at least several more expensive and invasive surgeries (eye area overhaul, wraparound jaw implant, midface implants revision, and potentially LF1 or paranasal/premaxillary implants to correct maxillary recession... possibly other surgeries as well).

• +1
Reactions: RAITEIII and Deleted member 2846
@IWantToMax Guys... you are telling my life with your words.

BDD can affect people no matter what they look like and also can be present in multiple ways in one individual.

I personally make a distinction:
-Delusional type BDD : you see and obsess over things that are not happening. For example looking a different way throughout the day.
There were days in which I could like the way I looked and I would keep checking on the mirror, and keep checking, and keep doing it, till eventually finding something that allegedly looks different.

- Non delusional BDD : what you are seeing is real, but doesn't necessarily mean that it's accurate, it might be or it might not, for example considering the size of your nose huge when in reality it's just fine.

It's more than "you're just ugly". You start to engage in behaviors such as avoiding social situations (you struggle going to class, make eye contact...), have rituals and beliefs about silly things that might make you look better/worse ( for example I usually think I look worse after having a shower, if I were to go somewhere important I'd probably shower one day before), constant mirror checking with variable degrees of emotion depending on how you look at that moment. .. among others.
This is not the case with people who don't look good but don't have BDD.

BDD has a high rate of comorbity with other mental illness such as SA and the longer we take to be aware of this situation the most damage our brain will be bound to suffer.

In my personal case despite any possibility of being just a genetic trait I do think that it was developed due to multiple detrimental circumstances present throughout my childhood phase.
Damn that's litterally the same way I feel. When I don't feel like I look good I avoid eye contact and become less social, until I can reassure myself of my looks with a mirror.

• +1
Reactions: Over and RAITEIII