(HIGH IQ EXPERTS ONLY GTFIH) I got my lateral cephalometry results and idk how over it is exactly

fvolkek

fvolkek

Diamond
Basically, I was doing the standard procedure for getting invisalign which requires me to have a cephalometry among other things and my results are well... pretty bad. I always knew I am severely brachyfacial (what you guys call "short face syndrome", or at least a less extreme version of that, not the stuff that you find online) so I always jut & mew, 24/7. I legit go from subhuman to about average. For this analysis, I had to do it while biting which is me at my worst. But anyway, copes aside, when I got the results, I went full autistic mode and copied it to a spreadsheet and translated it with Google Translate (the results are in Spanish).

I want to ask you guys, particularly those who actually know about this field, jokes aside, how bad is it, what exactly do I have, what can it be done, or some SMART observations u can make (inb4 "it's over", i know nigga).

For reference, an "x" means standard deviation, the more Xs, the more abnormal the deformation is, let's say. A common rule of thumb is that if a value is more than 2 standard deviations (Xs) away from the mean (average), it's considered already unusual.

btw: the translation was made with google translate so it's shit, many words don't make sense and many metrics don't either, but just try to get the general idea of what i have and wtf is wrong with my face.

this may also be useful:, this is my side profile when biting

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 23218 and RSzeiS
Idk

• JFL
Reactions: RSzeiS
them bones

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 29796 and fvolkek
Mirin high effort, but unfortunately not a subatomic particle.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Lonenely sigma, Deleted member 23218, Deleted member 26633 and 2 others
Mirin high effort, but unfortunately not a subatomic particle.
literally only took me 10 minutes. im not proving or saying anything, I'm just asking people who have some maxillofacial knowledge :feelsthink:

• +1
Reactions: HarrierDuBois
Looks good, nothing to worry about. Better facial growth than the majority of my peers (age range 17-20, Germany, White dominant area).

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: fvolkek and HarrierDuBois
What does "unid des" mean?

mans posting his math homework on this forum fuck outta here

What does "unid des" mean?
the deviation thing. If it's more than the standard deviation by less than 2x, there's one X, if it's 2x>;<3x then it's two Xs and so forth

the deviation thing. If it's more than the standard deviation by less than 2x, there's one X, if it's 2x>;<3x then it's two Xs and so forth
so you got >7 times the standard deviation at whatever this is:
A.Fac.Post / A.Fac.T.
JFL

honestly, the column "class" already contains the diagnosis. What exactly do you want? If you're asking what treatment you should get, than I guess even if there was an actual orthodontist lurking here, he would not be able to give you proper advice since he doesn't know anything about you or your medical history.

Why didn't you ask the doctor when you were theree?

so you got >7 times the standard deviation at whatever this is:
A.Fac.Post / A.Fac.T.
JFL

honestly, the column "class" already contains the diagnosis. What exactly do you want? If you're asking what treatment you should get, than I guess even if there was an actual orthodontist lurking here, he would not be able to give you proper advice since he doesn't know anything about you or your medical history.

Why didn't you ask the doctor when you were theree?
i didn't even know i was getting a maxillofacial evaluation. plus i didn't do it with the doctor. i just went through a radiography and the doctor analyzed it throughout the week.