I got plastic surgery and I have conflicted feelings about how it changed my life

Sprinkles

Sprinkles

Elmo rules the world!
I'm a 30 year old guy, who always had problems with his looks. I had a disproportionate bone inside my nose and my jaw was recessed. It's a look some people call 'birdface'. Not to mention horrible acne, buck teeth, glasses and early balding. I always tried my best to look presentable still. But one day something changed. After being jokingly called ugly by another person for the n-th time in my life, my mental health deteriorated. I got diagnosed with Body Dysmorphia, although my flaws were real. I wasn't so ugly to make children scream, but ugly enough to get punished for it in different areas of my life, especially romantic relationships.

I always tried to make up for it with confidence and humor. Before I got diagnosed with BDD, I was a stage comedian with some successes under my belt. But I always had a feeling that I'm fighting an uphill battle, even being as confident and funny as I could. Over the course of the years I was in a few a bit short (like 1 year) relationships and had an ONS or two, but never felt sexually desired. It always felt like I MUST be FUNNY and I MUST be CHARISMATIC to make up for the way I look. It was so tiring. Online dating went nowhere, never got any matches.

I went to therapy and was told that plastic surgery is not the way to get out of this rut. That I just lack self esteem. It was good, I learned some useful tools to overcome the worst moments and it gave me some peace of mind. But I still didn't feel healthy.

But then, I took all the money I saved over the years that I had and got two surgeries - one for my nose and one for my jaw plus took off my braces. All in one year.

Right this moment I'm sitting on my bed and crying. I just had great and passionate sex with a woman I find very attractive, after so many years. I got showered with compliments. It was open, it was respectful, it was fun.

I didn't do anything different than before. I just took one new post surgery picture, uploaded it to tinder. We went on two dates. I behaved like I always do. But the overall feeling is that it was so much smoother, so much easier. Before that, I could see the spark in women's eyes after some longer time, when we got to know each other etc. But I can see that spark now from the beginning. People are more open to me, they smile a lot and make small talk.

I just can't get over absurdity of it all. All the years I felt alone, and now, a few weeks after post-op healing, my desires came true. With all the close people telling me "I don't look that bad" (despite the name calling by assholes) and that "You can be attractive to some people". With the therapist making me not go the plastic surgery way, but the quality of my life is so much higher than ever before. Instantly improving my mental health. It was a second time in my life, where I disregarded all opinions, professional and not professional and just went with what my gut told me by risking it all. And again it worked.

I am happy, I am tired, I am bitter. Thank you for reading this.

• +1
  • JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: WatermelonLover, Orvka381, Sleeper and 16 others
looks are truly everything. wish i could experience this

• So Sad
Reactions: Orvka381 and newestofnewgen
losing weight is the same thing btw
people treat u differently despite u being urself

basically lookz matter

lookz forever

• +1
Reactions: Orvka381, CreepyJewel1, Deleted member 60975 and 2 others
I'm a 30 year old guy, who always had problems with his looks. I had a disproportionate bone inside my nose and my jaw was recessed. It's a look some people call 'birdface'. Not to mention horrible acne, buck teeth, glasses and early balding. I always tried my best to look presentable still. But one day something changed. After being jokingly called ugly by another person for the n-th time in my life, my mental health deteriorated. I got diagnosed with Body Dysmorphia, although my flaws were real. I wasn't so ugly to make children scream, but ugly enough to get punished for it in different areas of my life, especially romantic relationships.

I always tried to make up for it with confidence and humor. Before I got diagnosed with BDD, I was a stage comedian with some successes under my belt. But I always had a feeling that I'm fighting an uphill battle, even being as confident and funny as I could. Over the course of the years I was in a few a bit short (like 1 year) relationships and had an ONS or two, but never felt sexually desired. It always felt like I MUST be FUNNY and I MUST be CHARISMATIC to make up for the way I look. It was so tiring. Online dating went nowhere, never got any matches.

I went to therapy and was told that plastic surgery is not the way to get out of this rut. That I just lack self esteem. It was good, I learned some useful tools to overcome the worst moments and it gave me some peace of mind. But I still didn't feel healthy.

But then, I took all the money I saved over the years that I had and got two surgeries - one for my nose and one for my jaw plus took off my braces. All in one year.

Right this moment I'm sitting on my bed and crying. I just had great and passionate sex with a woman I find very attractive, after so many years. I got showered with compliments. It was open, it was respectful, it was fun.

I didn't do anything different than before. I just took one new post surgery picture, uploaded it to tinder. We went on two dates. I behaved like I always do. But the overall feeling is that it was so much smoother, so much easier. Before that, I could see the spark in women's eyes after some longer time, when we got to know each other etc. But I can see that spark now from the beginning. People are more open to me, they smile a lot and make small talk.

I just can't get over absurdity of it all. All the years I felt alone, and now, a few weeks after post-op healing, my desires came true. With all the close people telling me "I don't look that bad" (despite the name calling by assholes) and that "You can be attractive to some people". With the therapist making me not go the plastic surgery way, but the quality of my life is so much higher than ever before. Instantly improving my mental health. It was a second time in my life, where I disregarded all opinions, professional and not professional and just went with what my gut told me by risking it all. And again it worked.

congrats buddy

unless its a reddit copypaste

• +1
Reactions: CreepyJewel1 and Deleted member 62070
read but water

Im reading this while pissing water from my anus due to drinking 2 liters of laxative
Life fuel tho, I will book an appointment with jaw surgeon soon

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: CreepyJewel1, N1666, LooksThinker and 1 other person

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: WatermelonLover, CreepyJewel1, PrinceofDarkness and 6 others
Knew it was a copypasta the moment I read "I'm a 30 year old guy"

• +1
  • JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: try2beme, Acromegaly_Chad, dopaminebeyondfried and 3 others
I stopped shitting and got the procedure

My ass still hurts a bit tho

lame not crediting someone else's work.

• +1
Reactions: CreepyJewel1 and DelonLover1999
did read everything and congrats yto this life changing experience. What jaw surgery did you got? Was it traditional bimax?

• JFL
Reactions: N1666
did read everything and congrats yto this life changing experience. What jaw surgery did you got? Was it traditional bimax?
You read everything just for it to be a copypasta from Reddit JFL, nice waste of your time

• JFL
Reactions: TechnoBoss, SeriousAscension and Deleted member 51781
You read everything just for it to be a copypasta from Reddit JFL, nice waste of your time
ppl should declare when smth was stolen from reddit jfl

• JFL
Reactions: N1666
lmao water but at the same time i do get happy when i read stories like this. Yes looks matter, its about time all the gaslighting, virtue signaling, and shaming ended. All subhumans should start scheduling their consultations and appointments with surgeons so they can finally change and start living life.

• +1
Reactions: SeriousAscension

mirin' so hard good job. True looksmaxer here

Im in the same boat as you were bro, exactly the same from therapists,bdd and those stuff.
i have protruding ears , and a gaunt face when cutting.
I’m confident in getting otoplasty and fat grafting. Im aware in my potential, otherwise i wouldn't have considered them .
i know what my flaws are, i know once i get them done , ill be living a smoother/happier life like you mentioned.
I really hope this story is true , and not made up, you just made my day because of it.

Im in the same boat as you were bro, exactly the same from therapists,bdd and those stuff.
i have protruding ears , and a gaunt face when cutting.
I’m confident in getting otoplasty and fat grafting. Im aware in my potential, otherwise i wouldn't have considered them .
i know what my flaws are, i know once i get them done , ill be living a smoother/happier life like you mentioned.
I really hope this story is true , and not made up, you just made my day because of it.
Nvm its from reddit i hate my life

truly inspired me thanks boyo

Dog

• +1
Reactions: ๕ඞChick3ncu1ry
Tales from reddit

• +1
Reactions: ๕ඞChick3ncu1ry

Fcking larper

“After few weeks”????

Double jaw surgery and rhinoplasty takes months to 1-2 years to look normal.

Exposing this larper upvote this so everyone can see it

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: MoggerGaston, CreepyJewel1 and Sprinkles
Fcking larper

“After few weeks”????

Djs only takes a few months, rhino can take longer

That is wonderful despite your past you've found a better way forward.

Fcking larper

“After few weeks”????

Yeah it sounds retarded.
I am also supposed to believe he got a date with an attractive girl with 1 shitty selfie on a dating app?

Cope. He wouldn't even get a single attractive match, let alone a date.

• +1
Reactions: WatermelonLover