Hope for downturned lips cels - zygomaticus major and levator labii hypertrophy

D

Deleted member 8988

Platinum
Two studies measured facial muscle thickness (MT) and cross-sectional area (CSA) using
Two studies measured facial muscle thickness (MT) and cross-sectional area (CSA) using
ultrasonography before and after a 12-week NMES program [15] or 8 weeks of oscillatory movement ultrasonography before and after a 12-week NMES program [15] or 8 weeks of oscillatory movement
of a face [18]. The NMES study reported a significant increase in MT of the zygomatic major muscle of a face [18]. The NMES study reported a significant increase in MT of the zygomatic major muscle
in the experimental group compared to the control group following the intervention [15]. The other in the experimental group compared to the control group following the intervention [15]. The other
study found a pre-post difference in facial MT or CSA of the zygomatic major, levator labii superioris, study found a pre-post difference in facial MT or CSA of the zygomatic major, levator labii superioris,
orbicularis, and digastric muscle in a group training.
EMS training increased the zygomaticus major's thickness significantly . This muscle is responsible for the lift of the corners of the mouth.
Our findings suggest that a relatively short-term (8–12 weeks) intervention which consists of performing facial muscle contractions by NMES [15] or an oscillatory movement device [18] may produce increases in facial muscle size in middle-aged women (Table 2). Regarding these training effects, previous authors have speculated that the exercise-induced increase in the zygomatic major muscle size may be linked to the shortening of the resting length of the muscle, resulting in improvements in facial tone, firmness and lift. However, there is no direct evidence to support these claims. Compared to the extremity muscles, the facial muscle contains smaller muscle fascicles composed of loosely packed muscle fibers with substantial amounts of intervening connective tissue [19]. At present, it is unknown whether the exercise-induced increase in facial muscle size relates to muscle hypertrophy or if it simply reflects a change in the resting length.
There is no evidence of increased resting position of this muscle, but it is still a possibility. Since the muscle can effectively be hypertrophied, it is worth experimenting on.

I know this has been talked about before here but I want to draw more attention to it.

A post that elaborates on EMS training for the malaris and zygomaticus major muscles: https://looksmax.org/threads/electromuscular-stimulation-is-legit-for-the-face.299410/

study:

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, Racky, PubertyMaxxer and 7 others
EMS training increased the zygomaticus major's thickness significantly . This muscle is responsible for the lift of the corners of the mouth.

There is no evidence of increased resting position of this muscle, but it is still a possibility. Since the muscle can effectively be hypertrophied, it is worth experimenting on.

I know this has been talked about before here but I want to draw more attention to it.

A post that elaborates on EMS training for the malaris and zygomaticus major muscles: https://looksmax.org/threads/electromuscular-stimulation-is-legit-for-the-face.299410/

study:
how bad are down turned lips nothing wrong with looking serious or am missing smthn

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member
I think I read on a thread where someone's friend got zygomatic implants and it improved it a bit due to the soft tissues being stretched

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8988 and Danish_Retard
how bad are down turned lips nothing wrong with looking serious or am missing smthn
its almost always a failo. photoshop someone with downturned lips and watch them go slightly down in PSL

• +1
Reactions: PubertyMaxxer, Deleted member 8988 and Danish_Retard
Downturned lips refers to only the mouth corners right?

downward pointed lips are associated with ageing and low trust. I couldn't find any study exploring whatever downturned lips are more unattractive. But it makes sense to be so because age is strongly associated with attractiveness. Downward pointed lips also denote poor maxillary support. They are also associated with autism. And like the other user said above, try to edit any model's lips to downturned lips and see how much worse they look.
With increasing age, the perioral region changes, the upper lip becomes thinner and flatter, and the oral commissures descend

• +1
Reactions: PubertyMaxxer and Danish_Retard
Downturned lips refers to only the mouth corners right?
yes. that's what I believe. But the corners of the mouth also affect the shape of the interior lips line, that is most often downturned too if the corners are downturned, but not necessarily the other way around from what I've observed.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2729
yes. that's what I believe. But the corners of the mouth also affect the shape of the interior lips line, that is most often downturned too if the corners are downturned, but not necessarily the other way around from what I've observed.
I have kinda neutral. Not worth it to do maxxing for that I guess

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8988
I have kinda neutral. Not worth it to do maxxing for that I guess
not now, but maybe in a few years, yes, to counteract ageing

• Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 2729
Interesting...I'm gonna get a procedure for the cheekbones probably next year

Users who are viewing this thread

Back