How bad does teeth extraction impact face?

K

kotchfed

Iron
When I was a young teen my teeth were crowded and I had an overbite. I had to get two teeth from the top and two from the bottom removed to make space. I also got an appliance which acted as a jutting device almost or whatever don't know specifics but it helped reduce my overbite.

I got a a good jawline and lower jaw but I feel like my maxilla is recessed. Dark eye circles, tired eyes (not posting pics for now) just want to know how bad teeth extractions fuck up the face

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer, Elvisandreaa, thereallegend and 1 other person
any scans?

it depends on the case

• +1
Reactions: yuyu
Any teeth extraction is bad. I had my lower wisdoms removed and i definately noticed a negative change afterwards

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer, yuyu, Deleted member 21044 and 6 others

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer and yuyu
Any teeth extraction is bad. I had my lower wisdoms removed and i definately noticed a negative change afterwards
you are coping

• +1
Reactions: kuroro
any scans?

it depends on the case
It was years ago so don't have access on them no more.
What kind of change? I still have all my wisdom teeth but I've noticed my face is extremely narrow unlike my parents

It was years ago so don't have access on them no more.

What kind of change? I still have all my wisdom teeth but I've noticed my face is extremely narrow unlike my parents
Barely any noticeable change tbh only affects the lip position

• +1
Reactions: It'snotover, Deleted member 9779 and yuyu
Well I extracted two teeth from the top (not wisdom teeth) and two from the bottom (not wisdom teeth) and then had a twin block appliance which allows my lower jaw to move forward. I got a strong jawline now and this procedure was years ago. After that I got normal braces to straighten out my teeth.

But I've noticed that despite having a very strong lower jaw. My maxilla feels EXTREMELY recessed. I have heavy dark circles and my eyes pop out unnaturally like it's noticeable since normal people do not have it like that. (Can't even take selfies or video call cos it makes me horrified). This is crazy since no one in my family have this and my dad actually has a wide face, hooded eyes etc.

Surely the extractions played a part in my face becoming this narrow and the maxilla recessed? I don't know of any other reasons

Does wisdom teeth removal affect anything? Can i replace my lost wisdom teeth? Should i do it? I still have my two uppers.

Yes molars and pre molars are the ones that will heavily change your appearance. My face caved in and I am only now repairing the damage. I've had two bone-grafts. TWO and then the fake tooth implanted in.

9103f3fb61c05f9adce097d1282ce388

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS, Lmao and Deleted member 9779
Soft tissu is supportee by teeth.

If your upper incisor setback theb ur lips will follow

Wisdom teeth will not impact alot ur look because ur upper incisor will not setback

When you extract molar then upper incisor will setback to close the gap.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 9779, BugeyeBigNoseCurry and randomvanish
Yes molars and pre molars are the ones that will heavily change your appearance. My face caved in and I am only now repairing the damage. I've had two bone-grafts. TWO and then the fake tooth implanted in.

View attachment 1894855
Damn what the fuck that's what I got removed and I feel like they fucked my face up cause of that. Can't believe they forced me to do that as a kid ruined my life lol

Damn what the fuck that's what I got removed and I feel like they fucked my face up cause of that. Can't believe they forced me to do that as a kid ruined my life lol

What was the reason for removal?

View attachment 1894855
Ive had a second molar implant which repaired some of the damage, however i have missing third molar and i still believe there is some space for them. However the dentist say the usually BS. there is no need to replace third molars, but teeth are THERE for a reason. Do u still have ur third molars?

• +1
Reactions: yuyu and MakinItHappenReturn
bimax reverses the damage if any

• JFL
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer, Deleted member 15854, Deleted member 2729 and 1 other person
  • +1
Reactions: yuyu and MakinItHappenReturn
Ive had a second molar implant which repaired some of the damage, however i have missing third molar and i still believe there is some space for them. However the dentist say the usually BS. there is no need to replace third molars, but teeth are THERE for a reason. Do u still have ur third molars?

Yeah I do

elaborate more, when it's bad?
people who don’t have protruding alveolar ridges. this is known as bimaxillary protrusion and yes it does exist. but incorrectly diagnosed which leads to cases where people look worse

• +1
Reactions: yuyu and randomvanish
Well I extracted two teeth from the top (not wisdom teeth) and two from the bottom (not wisdom teeth) and then had a twin block appliance which allows my lower jaw to move forward. I got a strong jawline now and this procedure was years ago. After that I got normal braces to straighten out my teeth.

But I've noticed that despite having a very strong lower jaw. My maxilla feels EXTREMELY recessed. I have heavy dark circles and my eyes pop out unnaturally like it's noticeable since normal people do not have it like that. (Can't even take selfies or video call cos it makes me horrified). This is crazy since no one in my family have this and my dad actually has a wide face, hooded eyes etc.

Surely the extractions played a part in my face becoming this narrow and the maxilla recessed? I don't know of any other reasons
Re: recessed maxilla. Holy shitting shit. I think you might be my twin?

I've never used a twin block alliance though, if it's purpose was to provide forward mandibular force anyway. Because by 12-13 my mandible was already pretty developed with ramus definition from natural mewing I guess. I had to get a side profile shot and then have this custard-like substance to bite on to assess my bite. Wasn't told anything, just suggested to remove 4 molars (or 2 upper pre-molars) because he didn't care about aesthetic and saw enough facial growth anyway?

I can't tell if it's just cause of classical retraction orthodontics. We both seem to have good lower thirds but I think in my case I was forward grown enough to have 4 teeth extracted like 4 years ago (gaps still not fully closed cause of inconsistent appointments) and it made next to 0 impact on my side profile shortening. So he went with it without me knowing lol. But I got upper-maxillary recessive genes from my dad.

What impacts I do think it could have had:
  • lower third tissue changes and musculature impact
    • slightly hollower skin in that region (probably because of gaps not closing and lesser support?) - I used to smile and get dimples there, so some fat must've likely burned along with minor musculature movement. Could be; 4 years later and the gaps still aren't closed. the side with a premature closing has less hollowness
    • I don't know if my jaw is narrower because they removed two teeth. I looked at pictures of me around 14 cheek-sucking like a meth-abusing autist and the buccal space seems slightly narrower now? Could be confirmation bias
  • apparently mild sunken cheeks (mimic hollow cheeks) can happen with tooth loss? not sure about this but my right side's gaps were bigger than that seems slightly more sunken (hollower skin)
  • parotid and facial swelling complications (probably could be my own neglect though and/or not related to jaw complications)
My facial symmetry for the lower third used to be near equal. Now a mildly heavier jaw on the left is obvious. One gap is more closed at the moment and sits lower with a slightly lower gonial angle too, I think. I also need to bite deeper for said left side unlike the right with an open gap

So could narrowing jaw and angle changes because of changing the swing of the face due to closing gaps and bite alignment? I think narrowing of the jaw could be possible because you're literally extracting four teeth and shortening the anterior projection of the face, as well as using braces to (typically) push in the teeth, especially when crowded.

My bite seems more fucked now as well. I bite deeper and it cuts my facial length by 1-1.5 cm, crowding my buccal area. But when I just mew naturally, length and bite seems like a normal face. Just my experiences and potential biases anyway so take with a grain of salt

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad
Hey, would you happen to have any links or resources to look into this/how it changes lips relative to mandible and upper maxilla etc.

• +1

Let's try to figure out what we can. It could very well be unlucky genetic recombination for all we know, or just plain neglect of upper maxilla relative to increase in mandibular growth/positioning (you mentioned you've a very strong lower jaw). Perhaps this could be possible because the device pushed forward but didn't provide width because of lack of equal force across all planes

I've read mewing takes care of lateral growth and doesn't really effect forward projection of upper maxilla. Can confirm this too. It should usually give zygo arch prominence and lateral expansion (can confirm this). You say your dad's got a wide face. How wide is your dad's bizygomatic relative to his bigonial? What's your bizygo relative to your bigonial? Did you have wide proportions as a child (any pics)?

A few other questions:
  1. Have you any pics of yourself throughout your formative years, and then into teens?
    1. Do you have periorbital hollowing in any of them?
    2. Do you have any periorbital hollowing now?
    3. Is it just dark circles or tear trough hollowing? Do you have wrinkles and signs of premature aging there?
  2. What's your pheno + age? (Age could be helpful if you have wrinkles and signs of premature aging which indicates that it most likely is poor genetic recombination even if unlikely for your pheno - recessed upper maxilla most likely - with weak supra and infra support relative to eye positioning. This would also cause bulgy eyes)
  3. Could you take an unbiased look into your family members? Sibling's eye areas? Not just maxillary positioning. But their periorbital regions, their infras relative to maxillary positioning.
  4. Is your lower maxilla also developed alongside your lower jaw, and it's like your midface is sunken in and almost flat?
There's a lot to break down to assess and it's hard without any pictures from you yet. I seem to be suffering from the same issue anyway but mine is genetic (dad's maxilla, mum's skull & proportions), just worsened with neglect to upper maxilla that's just worsened with time on both upper and lower face.

It really sucks in pictures, lol, 100%, and also in the mirror sometimes. It's like Pattinson-tier flatness with recessed infras and periorbital hollowing on top of that too. Brutal and it affects eye positioning too since bone positioning is responsible to an extent for the bulging placement of fat and bone behind and relative to the eye

• +1
You realize most male models have all 4 wisdom teeth removed right?

• Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 15854
Let's try to figure out what we can. It could very well be unlucky genetic recombination for all we know, or just plain neglect of upper maxilla relative to increase in mandibular growth/positioning (you mentioned you've a very strong lower jaw). Perhaps this could be possible because the device pushed forward but didn't provide width because of lack of equal force across all planes

I've read mewing takes care of lateral growth and doesn't really effect forward projection of upper maxilla. Can confirm this too. It should usually give zygo arch prominence and lateral expansion (can confirm this). You say your dad's got a wide face. How wide is your dad's bizygomatic relative to his bigonial? What's your bizygo relative to your bigonial? Did you have wide proportions as a child (any pics)?

A few other questions:
  1. Have you any pics of yourself throughout your formative years, and then into teens?
    1. Do you have periorbital hollowing in any of them?
    2. Do you have any periorbital hollowing now?
    3. Is it just dark circles or tear trough hollowing? Do you have wrinkles and signs of premature aging there?
  2. What's your pheno + age? (Age could be helpful if you have wrinkles and signs of premature aging which indicates that it most likely is poor genetic recombination even if unlikely for your pheno - recessed upper maxilla most likely - with weak supra and infra support relative to eye positioning. This would also cause bulgy eyes)
  3. Could you take an unbiased look into your family members? Sibling's eye areas? Not just maxillary positioning. But their periorbital regions, their infras relative to maxillary positioning.
  4. Is your lower maxilla also developed alongside your lower jaw, and it's like your midface is sunken in and almost flat?
There's a lot to break down to assess and it's hard without any pictures from you yet. I seem to be suffering from the same issue anyway but mine is genetic (dad's maxilla, mum's skull & proportions), just worsened with neglect to upper maxilla that's just worsened with time on both upper and lower face.

It really sucks in pictures, lol, 100%, and also in the mirror sometimes. It's like Pattinson-tier flatness with recessed infras and periorbital hollowing on top of that too. Brutal and it affects eye positioning too since bone positioning is responsible to an extent for the bulging placement of fat and bone behind and relative to the eye
I'm going to send you a DM so we can talk.

• +1
@yuyu sent you a private chat and also conversation just incase you haven't seen it appear yet.

• +1
I got a molar extracted in 2018 because of a cavity and it was never replaced. It was on the right side of my lower mandible. Because of it’s absence I stopped chewing on that side and overtime, the ramus shortened till it totally disappeared , the masseters atrophied and the right side of my face looked very different from the rest: no gonion flare, less prominent cheekbone, higher eyebrow and asymmetric eye.

Fast foward in 2021 when I discovered the blackpill and identified this failo, I started mewing and chewing more on that side and the ramus grew again. It went from the Tmj cracking every time I opened my just to just a slight decompression and no discomfort. It’s still asymmetric but it looks sooo much better now. The rest of the asymmetry looks fairly natural.

• +1
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS
The Jews say they wanna take mine out even though I have enough room for 8 wisdom teetg

When I was a young teen my teeth were crowded and I had an overbite. I had to get two teeth from the top and two from the bottom removed to make space. I also got an appliance which acted as a jutting device almost or whatever don't know specifics but it helped reduce my overbite.

I got a a good jawline and lower jaw but I feel like my maxilla is recessed. Dark eye circles, tired eyes (not posting pics for now) just want to know how bad teeth extractions fuck up the face
I think teeths really ruin ur face i removed 2 wisdom teeths after 3 years i noticed my chin looked so much smaller than be4

• JFL
Reactions: BugeyeBigNoseCurry
I think teeths really ruin ur face i removed 2 wisdom teeths after 3 years i noticed my chin looked so much smaller than be4
Teeth extractions have no effect on the chin point

What about pre molar extractions? They have any impact on anything?
No dark circles and shit under eye support is genetic check your mom tbh

• +1
Reactions: Manfrommars and It'snotover
Wisdom teeth extraction only necessary if they’re impacted and even then only get lower ones done. Teeth in the maxilla bone are more imp than mandible. Maxilla is life

Biggest load of shit ive ever heard lol i have both my lower ones removed too and my jaw got better

I think you can lose couple teeth without major effects, Im sure our ancestors got a few missing teeth

• Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 21044
bimax reverses the damage if any
brutal, do i need bimax or just genio?

this thread shows my side profile and the older imgur shows the brutality of my extractions( 12 upper teeth :feelswah:)

ZEro its incel - mew cope

Many models have extracted molars

IT onyl affect face if u have more like 5-6 teeth missing, especially premolars

• +1
Reactions: autistic_tendencies
Bad enough that you don't want it

What teeth did you removed

I didn't remove them they came out remember? I told you this dude.

First Upper Molar came out.

Overusage. Eating really hard crisps sent by my family in Kenya.

I stupidly thought I didn't need to replace it and boy I learned the truth the hard way. Had two bone grafts and an implant put in, but the bone is still growing back and they say there is some bone that you can and will never recover. If that proves to be the case I will get wrap around shot-guns on both cheeks.

• So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 18840
I didn't remove them they came out remember? I told you this dude.

View attachment 1915223

First Upper Molar came out.

Overusage. Eating really hard crisps sent by my family in Kenya.

I stupidly thought I didn't need to replace it and boy I learned the truth the hard way. Had two bone grafts and an implant put in, but the bone is still growing back and they say there is some bone that you can and will never recover. If that proves to be the case I will get wrap around shot-guns on both cheeks.
I see fuck that sucks so bad ngl. So many features need to be on point to look good. Would you recommend bone graft if you got your 3rd molar / wisdome teeth removed?

I see fuck that sucks so bad ngl. So many features need to be on point to look good. Would you recommend bone graft if you got your 3rd molar / wisdome teeth removed?

When did you remove it? Do you notice bone that's shrunk?

See how much tougher my lower third was before the tooth came out.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 18840
  • Love it
  • +1
Reactions: yuyu and Deleted member 18840
I got a a good jawline and lower jaw but I feel like my maxilla is recessed.
all I can say my nigga is that it could've been much worse. but they did fuck you alright

I got a tooth removed when I was a kid and it caused the two molars on the right side to fall over cause they had no support. No idea why I even had it removed, my mum just let it happen I guess.

• +1
  • WTF
Reactions: Deleted member 21044 and PURE ARYAN GENETICS
You lose the back tooth on the bottom row, you lose your ramus. Brutal.

@yuyu sent you a private chat and also conversation just incase you haven't seen it appear yet.
Hey, seen it appear. So sorry as I've been a little busy and unwell but will get back to you soon.