how do i explain undergoing jaw surgery to family?

Gaia262

Gaia262

Never Give Up
I will be undergoing a trimax (bimax + genioplasty) in February. My orthodontist who is doing my braces is telling me how will my family cope with me with a new face as this will be large surgery ( I have short face syndrome)

I had my wisdom teeth removed as part of the pre-surgical plan and my face is puffed up and my family are already enquiring whats going on. I will have my braces put on in the next few weeks.

How do I tell my family what I will be doing?

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 8765, Pumanator, Deleted member 7173 and 8 others
I am hoping to undergo a trimax (bimax + genioplasty) in February. My orthodontist who is doing my braces is telling me how will my family cope with me with a new face as this will be large surgery ( I have short face syndrome)

I had my wisdom teeth removed and my face is puffed up and my family are already enquiring whats going on. I will have my braces put on in the next few weeks.

jfl goodluck I'm way more recessed than you and I've been rejected bimax by 3 different surgeons now

• So Sad
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8765, Pumanator, SoyGune and 2 others
@aut0phobic

thoughts?

Tell them you fell over and hit your face on a door

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8765, wasted, Slayerino and 9 others
you are a man so just force them

• +1
Reactions: mewcoper, Deleted member 8765, Deleted member 10449 and 3 others
Tell them you had sleep apena, its your life bro fuck what they think.
gl and enjoy tbh

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10615, Danish_Retard, RoundHouse and 7 others
tell them they have no business interfering with your appearance and health, because they don't.

• +1
Reactions: mewcoper, Deleted member 8765, crosshold and 11 others
I will be undergoing a trimax (bimax + genioplasty) in February. My orthodontist who is doing my braces is telling me how will my family cope with me with a new face as this will be large surgery ( I have short face syndrome)

I had my wisdom teeth removed and my face is puffed up and my family are already enquiring whats going on. I will have my braces put on in the next few weeks.

who cares what family think jfl ask Stacy what she thinks

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 8765, Deleted member 10449, Slayerino and 5 others
Make up some medical reason
bad bite or sleep apnea
or just say that some nigger knocked you out, and you had to get reconstructive surgery

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Agendum, St. Wristcel and Gaia262
fraud sleep apnea

why do you even care about their opinion on this in the first place?
it's a choice between lying to them or telling it straight, makes no difference in the result

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard, Need2Ascend, Deleted member 4416 and 3 others
Just tell them “i wanted to do it” and when they start asking questions just say “because its what I wanted to do”

No matter what it will be a pain in the ass explaining it to them so dont make it any more complicated than it needs to be. If you lie about it then you will have to remember the lie and they will probably think its weird and be suspicious

• +1
Reactions: mewcoper, Need2Ascend, Deleted member 4416 and 3 others
fraud sleep apnea

why do you even care about their opinion on this in the first place?
it's a choice between lying to them or telling it straight, makes no difference in the result

They already know I had HD liposuction + I wear a hair system as I used to be balding so they know I am on some cosmetic surgery rampage.

This is a large surgery, I will practically be unrecognisable, so frauding sleep apnea won't work.

I will just do it.

As long as the results look good people just fall into line tbh.

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard, Need2Ascend, Deleted member 4416 and 5 others
such a low t thread bro wow

simple answer

because i wanted to

what can they say more about it? you are a grown ass man

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 8765, Slayerino, Need2Ascend and 4 others
If it makes you look better fuck em OP

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8765, Pumanator, St. Wristcel and 1 other person
They already know I had HD liposuction + I wear a hair system as I used to be balding so they know I am on some cosmetic surgery rampage.

This is a large surgery, I will practically be unrecognisable, so frauding sleep apnea won't work.

I will just do it.

hope all goes well for you bro, mirin your looksmaxxing journey.

• +1
Reactions: Gaia262
hey bro can you send me your ct scan in pm i also have short face syndrome and getting bimax also in february. i want to discuss it with you if you want :)

• +1
Reactions: baruch and Gaia262
Just tell them “i wanted to do it” and when they start asking questions just say “because its what I wanted to do”

No matter what it will be a pain in the ass explaining it to them so dont make it any more complicated than it needs to be. If you lie about it then you will have to remember the lie and they will probably think its weird and be suspicious

Yeah good call, you can also use the "It's my body, I can do what I want with it" normie cope. Use their own weapon against them bro.

• +1
Reactions: mewcoper, Danish_Retard, Deleted member 4416 and 2 others

I had my wisdom teeth removed as part of the pre-surgical plan and my face is puffed up and my family are already enquiring whats going on. I will have my braces put on in the next few weeks.

Say that you've been having problems with breathing during sleep bc the airway is blocked from you being recessed
There's studies that show being recessed increases your risk of sleep apnea

• +1
Just say it's for medical reasons

• +1
Gather all members of your family and simply tell them:
- "Family I have something to say to you, I just can't take it anymore being an incel, I'm sick and tired of being invisible to girls, I'm gonna have facial surgery, I want to be a Chad, the decision is already taken, you can't talk me out of it!".
AdobeStock_207143311.jpeg

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: mewcoper, Deleted member 8765, Deleted member 10494 and 5 others
Im old enough to live alone (25) so i just told them i have to do sleep apnea surgery and that involves moving the maxilla forward and that during the process usually the nose get smashed and so they offer a rhinoplasty to fix it aswell.

So when’ll do it they’ll be somehow prepared

• +1
Reactions: KDA Player and Gaia262

Good luck bro, are you getting CW rotation? Will it give you a taller lower third? Subconsciously everyone respects good looks so they'll probably treat you better and won't question much and even if they do your quality of life will be so much better so who cares

Good luck bro, are you getting CW rotation? Will it give you a taller lower third?

yes its clock wise rotation, my lower third will be much taller and forward projected.

• Love it
Reactions: EverythingMattersCel and joseph
yes its clock wise rotation, my lower third will be much taller and forward projected.
Well hope you ascend bro I have the exact same problem. A taller third makes a huge difference to the face its crazy.

• +1
Reactions: EverythingMattersCel and Gaia262

how old are you? I would say learn to lie, liemaxxing is a must if you are an incel. NEVER tell the truth to people about your life, not to your family either. If you are undergoing these surgeries, you have enough knowledge to justify them without mentioning the word "aesthetic", correct ?: sleep abnea, chronic headaches, malocclusion, you can say that without these surgeries you could not correct your malocclusion with braces . I don't know how much forward growth you will get with the surgeries, but it will almost certainly look natural. I'd be more concerned about what to say if it were implants, which look more fake.

Good luck.

• +1
Tell them you started dieting hard and lost weight and starting drinking lots of water

• +1
this is the only real answer

from their perspective, even if the change is massive the novelty will eventually wear off tbh

• +1

I will just do it.

trimax will have not a huge impact on ur frontal unless you’re getting rotation or you are severely recessed

trimax will have not a huge impact on ur frontal unless you’re getting rotation or you are severely recessed

Yes I have a short face and will be having clockwise rotation.

Mine

Img 0

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Need2Ascend
I see, your whole bone structure mogs mine hard, I have vertical maxillary deficiency aswell. How does your smile look like? mine is extremely fucked up tbh

I see, your whole bone structure mogs mine hard, I have vertical maxillary deficiency aswell. How does your smile look like? mine is extremely fucked up tbh
Cant see top teeth.

We have a maxilofacial surgeon on here who is happy to help members pm him with your pics and scans.

@Sergio-OMS

• +1
Always, always, ALWAYS say that it was for functional/health-related reasons.

-Oh, you cut your tibias/femurs and gained 10cm in height?!
-Yes, I couldn't breathe at the previous altitude.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2816, Timelessbrah, Gaia262 and 1 other person
Always, always, ALWAYS say that it was for functional/health-related reasons.

-Oh, you cut your tibias/femurs and gained 10cm in height?!
-Yes, I couldn't breathe at the previous altitude.
Hi sweetlossus 🤗 🤗

• JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: Toth's thot and Deleted member 6997
Cant see top teeth.

We have a maxilofacial surgeon on here who is happy to help members pm him with your pics and scans.

@Sergio-OMS
Asked him already and he told my I'd need custom BiMax to fix it, still not sure if I will do MSE+FM/Palate Expander/AGGA beforehand, and then do Bimax after it

Cant see top teeth.

@Sergio-OMS

I need to clarify that don’t give that type of advice (based on xrays and photos) anymore, sorry 😐 but it was creating problems so I only give a “theoretical advice” based on the text I receive. And not always.

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: mewcoper, Need2Ascend and Gaia262
Can you post pic of yourself in this thread? What is you measurement from hairline (assume it is not receded) to chin now? I seriously wonder if I have short face too because for me it is just 18,5cm. Problem is my upper maxilla is recessed so no chance of fixing it. Yes my midface is extremely compact because of it but trust me compact is only good up to a point

Last edited:
  • +1
I know that everyone says AGGA is shit, however my case is unique/weird(never saw someone with the same exact problem and I browsed everything on the internet).

My lower maxilla is recessed and too short and my mandible too far back(since bite is normal), when I let my jaw "loose" and slightly jutted everything looks good. I mean theoretically AGGA could push the lower maxilla forward and downward and so my mandible could get more forward aswell(without it actually growing longer)

Can PM you pics if you want

• Ugh..
I know that everyone says AGGA is shit, however my case is unique/weird(never saw someone with the same exact problem and I browsed everything on the internet).

My lower maxilla is recessed and too short and my mandible too far back(since bite is normal), when I let my jaw "loose" and slightly jutted everything looks good. I mean theoretically AGGA could push the lower maxilla forward and downward and so my mandible could get more forward aswell(without it actually growing longer)

Can PM you pics if you want

Many people have this problem.

Stay away from AGGA, DNA, Mew’s appliances and theories and similar snake oils salesmen.

• +1
Reactions: MentalistKebab and Gaia262
Bro I wish I knew the answer. I am getting a bimax or trimax in like 12 months. Getting braces mid November and need to wear for 9 months. First I tried to hide I was getting a tri- bimax. After a while I told one friend. He was cool with it. My other friend didnt like the idea of surgery even tough I told him it was for sleap apnea (sleep always badly but no official diagnose) and told she hates the idea and I am crazy. I have the feeling foids dont/ will never accept surgery for aesthetics reason even while they use a shit ton of makeup and contouring to make them look better.
Before my friend and his gf had something she was on tinder and swept chad only. All the guys had full ante faces xD. To my colleagues I just slowly told them yeah I am at doctor I sleep bad (I am tired alot and have trouble waking up early) getting checked. Yeah I got the diagnosis sleap apnea. I was exploring the solutions to fix it. Ooh the know this surgery can fix it while I am really scared and slowly introduced the idea of bi-trimax to fix my problems. And having trouble getting the insurance pay for it. That worked great and the support me.
Of like 5 close friends I told it only 1 was like do whatever you want and make you happy. 3 were neutral/ semi against it and 1 total and we are in semi bad terms. Even I know him for like 10 years.
My advice be carefull who you tell and always tell it's for medical reasons.

• +1
Reactions: lilhorizontal32 and Gaia262
Gather all members of your family and simply tell them:
- "Family I have something to say to you, I just can't take it anymore being an incel, I'm sick and tired of being invisible to girls, I'm gonna have facial surgery, I want to be a Chad, the decision is already taken, you can't talk me out of it!".
AdobeStock_207143311.jpeg
Next day there will be a intervention with a psychologist to say no you are perfect the way you are. Focus in internal happiness and carreer haha.

Next day there will be a intervention with a psychologist to say no you are perfect the way you are. Focus in internal happiness and carreer haha.
Not if he self-identifies first as a trans-Chad, imagine the psychologist would say this thing to a transgender person - his career would be over.

• JFL
Reactions: Pumanator
I may have a similar problem to you, but caused by braces from a bluepill practitioner.
I have a recessed maxilla and mandible, and before braces my top incisors jutted out a bit, and my lower incisors tipped back. This allowed my mandible to sit forward, and look and feel normal.
The low IQ braces treatment pulled top teeth back, lower teeth forward. SO now not only does my mandible sit further back then ever looks wise, it actually jams up in to my TMJ causing issues.

I just received a call from a new orthodontist after a long wait and he agreed to take my case. The way he is going to fix it is by using class 3 elastics that they normally use for underbites. So my teeth will kind of be pulled back to their original position, while also looking a lot better still. This should allow my mandible to sit back forward again.

Not sure if that is applicable to you, but some orthodontic work may be better than AGGA which seems dangerous. Keep in mind I had to really convince an ortho to help me. Then he made me wait while he made a decision.
I actually had braces by bluepilled orthodontist aswell, from 17-18,5 and it definitely didn't make things better, not to say it made it worse (probably). Can PM you pics, my smile/maxilla is pretty fucked up, wished it was fixable with just elastics

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8784