How do you escape nihilism?

Spartacus1-

Spartacus1-

The world is yours
I am perfectly aware that posing this question here is like tossing a pebble into a bottomless well. Nonetheless, one can't help but seek a way out even in the most desolate of places.

How... how on earth do I break free from this overwhelming numbness, the notion that, regardless of my actions, endeavors, or identity, everything will ultimately be devoid of meaning? We are just animals—a species of primates, great apes that evolved over millions of years, and by a twist of fate or some cosmic accident, gained self-awareness. That's it. This fact transforms every issue, every interaction, and everything I involve myself in, into a silly circus playing out in the recesses of my mind.

Looks?

Money?

Status?

Interpersonal relationships?

Politics?

Okay, let's consider the scenario where I achieve all these goals, and then what? The brevity of my lifespan renders each accomplishment fleeting and lackluster. Assuming everything unfolds smoothly, where I might even live until 70, and then die, joining the 130 billion who preceded me, with 99.99% of them fading into unnamed obscurity.

This just raises another question: If death is an eternal abyss, an unending slumber, what distinguishes its occurrence tomorrow from 50 years hence? Would an additional 50 years yield any semblance of satisfaction? And if so, what value would that satisfaction hold, considering I'll depart with nothing to be remembered by? Or remember my life by? Perhaps this is why religion finds utility—the assurance of an afterlife, a continuation beyond death, can offer solace. Yet, it's a fabrication, like everything else you might experience. It's not tangible reality; it's merely the outcome of chemical reactions within the brain, mechanisms designed to deter you from killing yourself or to instigate procreation, perpetuating an endless cycle. Ignorance may indeed be bliss; it might even be deliverance.

Man, i swear, it feels as though an insurmountable chasm separates me from happiness. I acknowledge that this mindset is not conducive to well-being, and it might even seem childish, but escaping it, just seems impossible. At times, I'm not even certain if I even want to escape it.

• +1
Reactions: borismonster and Tabula Rasa
IMG 6328

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: borismonster, pig_face, ElTruecel and 4 others
I am perfectly aware that posing this question here is like tossing a pebble into a bottomless well. Nonetheless, one can't help but seek a way out even in the most desolate of places.

How... how on earth do I break free from this overwhelming numbness, the notion that, regardless of my actions, endeavors, or identity, everything will ultimately be devoid of meaning? We are just animals—a species of primates, great apes that evolved over millions of years, and by a twist of fate or some cosmic accident, gained self-awareness. That's it. This fact transforms every issue, every interaction, and everything I involve myself in, into a silly circus playing out in the recesses of my mind.

Looks?

Money?

Status?

Politics?

Okay, let's consider the scenario where I achieve all these goals, and then what? The brevity of my lifespan renders each accomplishment fleeting and lackluster. Assuming everything unfolds smoothly, where I might even live until 70, and then die, joining the 130 billion who preceded me, with 99.99% of them fading into unnamed obscurity.

This just raises another question: If death is an eternal abyss, an unending slumber, what distinguishes its occurrence tomorrow from 50 years hence? Would an additional 50 years yield any semblance of satisfaction? And if so, what value would that satisfaction hold, considering I'll depart with nothing to be remembered by? Or remember my life by? Perhaps this is why religion finds utility—the assurance of an afterlife, a continuation beyond death, can offer solace. Yet, it's a fabrication, like everything else you might experience. It's not tangible reality; it's merely the outcome of chemical reactions within the brain, mechanisms designed to deter you from killing yourself or to instigate procreation, perpetuating an endless cycle. Ignorance may indeed be bliss; it might even be deliverance.

Man, i swear, it feels as though an insurmountable chasm separates me from happiness. I acknowledge that this mindset is not conducive to well-being, and it might even seem childish, but escaping it, just seems impossible. At times, I'm not even certain if I even want to escape it.
you cant, nihilism is inherent to life

• +1
Reactions: borismonster
Only way is by believing in Allah/God. Outside that there is no way to escape nihilism, only ways to make the road towards it a bit more longer.

• +1
Reactions: borismonster, ElTruecel, PrinceofDarkness and 1 other person
Is it? Then explain how can some people be happy?
genes, their brain chemestry and brain wiring is adapted to make them to be happy, Also their lifes are too good and with enough distractions to start thinking about the meaning of life

• +1
fuck some sluts youll feel better its caused by bitchlessness

• +1

Looks?

Money?

Status?

Politics?

You aren’t wrong about it, it’s a fact of life. What you can do is adjust how you orient your life and mentality around this reality.

• +1
What's deterring you from believing in a personal god and hopefully eternal happiness in heaven? works well for billions of people, just have to hone in that belief.

• +1
Jerk off everyday n watch tons of bluepill vids

• +1

Looks?

Money?

Status?

Politics?

If you already reached the point where you think about nihilism it’s over for you.

• +1
Only way is by believing in Allah/God. Outside that there is no way to escape nihilism, only ways to make the road towards it a bit more longer.
most muslims i know hit their kids, even tho it says its a sin

• +1
Reactions: borismonster and MaghrebGator
nihilism is good and life affriming you are just depressed

• +1
most muslims i know hit their kids, even tho it says its a sin
In Islam it is permissible to smack them lightly for discipline purpose. Hitting them strongly or in the face is forbidden.

Anyways what does it have to do with the subject? I'm speaking about philosophy. Philosophically speaking there is no way out of nihilism unless by belief in God.

• +1
In Islam it is permissible to smack them lightly for discipline purpose. Hitting them strongly or in the face is forbidden.

Anyways what does it have to do with the subject? I'm speaking about philosophy. Philosophically speaking there is no way out of nihilism unless by belief in God.
yeah i dont know bro too many religions for me to join

• +1
yeah i dont know bro too many religions for me to join
Try jewmaxxing they manipulate the fuck out of ppl and when ur in you’re practically protected and have a shot at being rich. Problem is they have a hard time letting ppl in which I think is based and Muslims should do it. But Muslims are retarded with the “let everyone join so ppl will like us theory.”

Kill nihilists

• +1
Cope like normies cope

• +1