How do you fix an overbite with surgery?

hello12344

hello12344

Moneymaxxed 5'9.5 Dravidian Bvll
Idk if many people have this exact situation but I have a well-projecting chin and forward-grown maxilla, my only problem is my mandible goes slightly back when I bite down causing class 2 malocclusion but imo the actual "recession" itself is very minimal. The real problem is that when I bite down, my lower third gets vertically shorter because of the overbite kinda like SFS but milder. From scouring the internet, I've read that BIMAX WITH CW ROTATION is ideal for similar cases is this true? Also, since im too high inhib to actually get bimax do yall think something like a vertical genio would be a good "camoflauge" surgery to cope with?

• +1
Reactions: murdah
i have a similar case, you’re gonna need bimax for rotation whether it’s a good idea to hide it with genio depends on your labiomental fold and sleep apnea which may occur as you age

Bimax is basically a lefort 1 (upper maxilla advancement) and BSSO (Lower Jaw Advancement) assuming your maxilla is actually forward grown but your mandible is recessed, get BSSO+ genio or chin implant (depending on your situation)

• +1
Reactions: murdah and Deleted member 29167
Bimax is basically a lefort 1 (upper maxilla advancement) and BSSO (Lower Jaw Advancement) assuming your maxilla is actually forward grown but your mandible is recessed, get BSSO+ genio or chin implant (depending on your situation)
My maxilla seems pretty forward-grown based on the triangle test Idk if thats accurate though. Is it ok if I dm you my side profile so you can kinda break it down.

you usually still need bimax especially if you have an overbite since your mandible needs to be rotated for optimal results.