How do you test for acquired cognitive impairment?

Dunjam

Dunjam

lost n damned
Joined
Sep 5, 2026
Posts
46
Reputation
49
I had an overdose, and since then, I've had issues playing Hearthstone, and with general real-time problem solving, like understanding a new layout of a shop etc. My oxygen saturation was 88% when they found me, and I was unresponsive for about 24 hours.

Since I have no point of comparison, I do not know how much injury I may have sustained. Any tips? Was top 0.5% in a card game within a week of playing, now I'm getting curb-stomped by noobs and tried putting a spoon in the bin instead of the drawer. jfl
 
  • So Sad
Reactions: Sett
Call the doctor ca- call the doctor 🎶🎶
 
  • +1
Reactions: Dunjam
Call the doctor ca- call the doctor 🎶🎶
Ah, Sett. Remember playing him before my life turned to shit, just as he released, jungle with red smite was a treat. Master Yi with Dexamphetamine would've been a fucking blessing. Fml
 
  • Love it
Reactions: Sett
I had an overdose, and since then, I've had issues playing Hearthstone, and with general real-time problem solving, like understanding a new layout of a shop etc. My oxygen saturation was 88% when they found me, and I was unresponsive for about 24 hours.

Since I have no point of comparison, I do not know how much injury I may have sustained. Any tips? Was top 0.5% in a card game within a week of playing, now I'm getting curb-stomped by noobs and tried putting a spoon in the bin instead of the drawer. jfl
It’s possible you’re just anxious after your injury and nothing much is actually happening with your cognition
 
  • +1
Reactions: Dunjam and Sett
It’s possible you’re just anxious after your injury and nothing much is actually happening with your cognition
I hope so, but a drop in my performance, the oxygen saturation being very low to the point of hypoxia and sustaining cardiac arrest during the whole ordeal, has me concerned. It's not disability level, but I certainly feel slower. Not to mention, I was hallucinating and couldn't track where I was, while at hospital the following week. Kept seeing dogs on my bed and people smoking in the ward. lmao
 
  • +1
Reactions: Saint Casanova
I hope so, but a drop in my performance, the oxygen saturation being very low to the point of hypoxia and sustaining cardiac arrest during the whole ordeal, has me concerned. It's not disability level, but I certainly feel slower. Not to mention, I was hallucinating and couldn't track where I was, while at hospital the following week. Kept seeing dogs on my bed and people smoking in the ward. lmao
It would take some time to recover as well, especially if you want to be at your max performance cognitively. Just wait some time and it should be okay. The brain is very plastic
 
Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Dunjam
It would take some time to recover as well, especially if you want to be at your max performance cognitively. Just wait some time and it should be okay. The brain is very plastic
Let's hope so.
 
  • +1
Reactions: Saint Casanova

Similar threads

L
Replies
11
Views
38
levisko
L
Sensitive Young Boy
Replies
3
Views
32
Littlepickel2
Littlepickel2
C
Replies
7
Views
36
Nicklz
Nicklz
bnugly
Replies
0
Views
20
bnugly
bnugly
SpanishManlett
Replies
20
Views
72
SpanishManlett
SpanishManlett

Users who are viewing this thread

  • Back
    Top