how genioplasty and jaw surgery affect the lips

homo_faber

homo_faber

i thought this was a looksmaxing forum

genioplasty

Why does the lower lip become smaller after genioplasty/chin wing and how much?

It does have to do with the mentalis muscle, yes. This rotates the lower lip inwards which makes it smaller. I read that some surgeons now use the V-Y suturing technique when doing a genio to avoid this.

jaw surgery

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 9568, EverythingMaxxer, pizza and 3 others

• +1
Reactions: lasthope, Songe, Alexanderr and 5 others
the guy got lefort 1 with downward graft with a bsso btw

• +1
Reactions: mewcoper and itorroella9
lip length reduced ? why ?

no additional genioplasty?

Maxilla: 8mm downgraft and 10mm advancement measured at upper incisor. Mandible: 8.7mm advancement at pogonion. (There seems to be CW rotation)

• +1
Reactions: APJ
70% of people who get jaw surgery or implants are blind as fuck. its usually their eye area thats fucked up

• Hmm...
  • JFL
Reactions: Patient A, Titbot, Deleted member 3020 and 1 other person
70% of people who get jaw surgery or implants are blind as fuck. its usually their eye area thats fucked up
if you're refering to the guy on op he was literally deformed

thats def not genio lol

this, it was to fix sfs
i said ADDITIONAL

usually people with short face syndrome get DOUBLE JAW SURGERY + GENIOPLASTY AKA TRIMAX

• +1
Reactions: pizza
if you're refering to the guy on op he was literally deformed
nah just in general but if he fixed his eye area he probably couldve had fillers instead

• Hmm...
Reactions: Patient A
nah just in general but if he fixed his eye area he probably couldve had fillers instead
giga cope. his lower third was too small and destroyed his harmony. his submental region was shit

• +1
Reactions: Patient A
concanve philtrum means you have feminine lips and a defined cupids bow/philtrum
Wow this guy is definitely more feminine now
lmaoo (sarcasm)

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9568
So ur saying trimax will make my lips look worse?

Wait his lips looks a lot fuller?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9568 and CertBroly
Wait his lips looks a lot fuller?
It’s from the downward expansion of the maxilla. If you have SFS, a good way of showing this is by relaxing your jaw, you will find the lips become much more ‘plump’.

Also this is an A&G op, no? Truly life-changing result

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: CertBroly and datboijj
yes.. tight lip seal (from forward grown faces) = better plump defined lips
He went from a low class warrior to the Legendary Super Chad

• +1
Reactions: datboijj
It’s from the downward expansion of the maxilla. If you have SFS, a good way of showing this is by relaxing your jaw, you will find the lips become much more ‘plump’.

Could you explain to me what exactly is downward expansion of the maxilla?

• +1
Could you explain to me what exactly is downward expansion of the maxilla?
Sure - in many cases of Short Face Syndrome, the maxilla hasn’t grown down enough, so you can’t see all of the top teeth and the lower third looks ‘squashed’ when that person has their teeth touching together, or is speaking.

When jaw surgeons try to fix this they will cut the maxilla horizontally and put a substance (whether real bone or hydroxyapatite) in the gap between the two (now cut) parts of the maxilla. This will bring the top teeth downwards, improving tooth show and making the lower third appear less ‘squashed’.
7A2A80A6 BF8C 4D33 8901 F78A05B521FE

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4614, .👽. and underdog

yes arnett and gunson. i wonder why these retards post examples on their website but dont say what exact procedure these people got. i still wonder if he got additional genioplasty to double jaw surgery

very interesting to see how jaw surgery affects the soft tissue

c5dab752-5c08-45d0-877d-e4717b5ffb85-jpeg.148380

• +1
Damn! What a result. Which surgeon did this?

very interesting. some say genioplasty doesnt alter the lower lip while others suggest otherwise

Any chin alteration will not move the lip forward and could actually make the lip more upright. The lip gets support from the teeth so your best option to balance the upper and lower lips is a lower jaw advancement. So correcting the bite and the profile at the same time

A siding genioplasty will not generally change the lower lip position, favorably or unfavorably, which is primarily influence by the lower teeth and not the chin bone. The labiomental fold you have marked does not change actual position, although when the chin bone below it moves forward, can make it look deeper. The distinction betwewn what you mean by a 'soft placing S profile' or 'just making the curve more distinct' is not clear. Computer imaging would provide more insight into that question.

vs

You're right that chin augmentation with a sliding genioplasty or chin implant can help improve the soft tissue support of the lower lip.This type of surgery won't really change the actual size of the lower lip itself. You can read more about chin augmentation surgery at my web reference link below.

he results of a cephalometric study of changes in the soft tissue profiles after horizontal osteotomy for genioplasty were analyzed in 14 subjects. Scatter diagrams relating changes at the soft tissue landmarks of the mandible (point C, LI) to changes at the hard tissue landmark of the pogonion were plotted to illustrate the relationship between the movement of these pairs of landmarks of the lower third of the face. Finally, graphic representation of the regression equations computed from this study gave the clinician a means of predicting skeletal and integumental changes resulting from the surgical procedure under consideration. The following results were obtained. -For all subjects in this study, an anterior change at the hard tissue landmark, Pog, was accompanied by an anterior movement in the soft tissue landmarks of the lower third of the face. The greatest amount of change in the soft tissue occurred at point C, with less anterior change at ILS, and the least at LI. -The response of the soft tissues of the chin had a high correlation with changes at Pog, the corresponding underlying hard tissue landmark. Comparison of changes between them indicated that 1.0-mm change at Pog resulted in approximately 0.8-mm anterior change at point C, the overlying soft tissue landmark. -The response of the soft tissue of the lower lip showed a correlation to changes at Pog. Comparison of changes between them indicated that 1.0 mm-change at Pog resulted in approximately 0.4-mm anterior displacement at LI, the overlying soft tissue landmark. However, the correlation was not sufficiently great to be used in any individual prediction. -The relationship of the response of hard tissues and soft tissues was similar for large and small amounts of surgical movement.

• +1
Reactions: lilhorizontal32
Does Bimax makes lips more narrow? Any experiences?

it says like that in the slide
which page?

tbh different genioplasty movements can probably cause different kinds of impact on the lips. or not. like i posted above surgeons give different answers to that question.

jaw surgery however definitely impact the lips

brutal

@lilhorizontal32

• +1
Reactions: lilhorizontal32

his lower lip looks clearly smaller on the right

its over

daily bump

Thick lips are feminine
so? its well known women prefer a healthy mix of feminine and masculine feature in a mans face, eg a masculine jaw combined with full lips.

nobody wants this

0516d13f90890e9660946d1f0c6b3862e81921-wm.jpg

here are there studies which prove my point:

and if we go back to the op: maybe his lips arent perfect but if you seriously think his lip and mouth region looked better befire i have bad news for you

• +1
Reactions: klamus
so? its well known women prefer a healthy mix of feminine and masculine feature in a mans face, eg a masculine jaw combined with full lips.

nobody wants this

0516d13f90890e9660946d1f0c6b3862e81921-wm.jpg

here are there studies which prove my point:

and if we go back to the op: maybe his lips arent perfect but if you seriously think his lip and mouth region looked better befire i have bad news for you
Thin lipped chad will fuck more women than a fag with thick lips. It’s a sign of high estrogen and improper maxillar growth

Thin lipped chad will fuck more women than a fag with thick lips. It’s a sign of high estrogen and improper maxillar growth
studies say otherwise. im sorry for your lizard lips. my condolences. dont shot the messenger.

• +1
Reactions: lasthope