How many Christians fast for lent?

SubhumanCurrycel

SubhumanCurrycel

It’s just hair bro
Never really hear much about lent, from muslims I know most observe Ramadan but where I'm from most Christians are in name mostly but even amongst churchgoing friends I have they have no idea about fasting pre-Easter.

So if you are a Christian do you fast for lent or is it common in your country/region?

• +1
Reactions: Jason Voorhees
Yes and yes it's not common I'd say but many people in my orthodox church do it. Most people just abstain from eating meat tho but a few people like me do fast during the day time and only eat at night. Partly because I want to lose weight ngl

• +1
Reactions: AlexBrown84 and SubhumanCurrycel
Yes and yes it's not common I'd say but many people in my orthodox church do it. Most people just abstain from eating meat tho but a few people like me do fast during the day time and only eat at night. Partly because I want to lose weight ngl
I take it Orthodox adhere to it most strictly is that correct. What do you abstain from? All animal products and through what times of the day.

• +1
Reactions: Jason Voorhees
I take it Orthodox adhere to it most strictly is that correct.
yes
What do you abstain from? All animal products and through what times of the day.
Correct. During the entire duration of lent you don't eat animal products, fasting from foods associated with “feasting”: chocolate, desserts, meat, alcohol, etc in preparation for Easter but my church advocates for a complete fast until the sun sets because we are trying “making ourselves weak” so that we can know and receive the strength and power of God (2 Cor 12:9-10).

• +1
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel
yes

Correct. During the entire duration of lent you don't eat animal products, fasting from foods associated with “feasting”: chocolate, desserts, meat, alcohol, etc in preparation for Easter but my church advocates for a complete fast until the sun sets because we are trying “making ourselves weak” so that we can know and receive the strength and power of God (2 Cor 12:9-10).
Interesting thanks. Was surprised more Christian’s don’t do it, since a tradition of fasting has been around since the early church fathers

Interesting thanks. Was surprised more Christian’s don’t do it, since a tradition of fasting has been around since the early church fathers
Most Christians are Christians just for the name sake and are class 1 degenerates. They have names of great prophets like John and Isiah but you still see they smoking Crack by the side of a road and stealing money from people but they still shamelessly show up yo church to show their ugly mug and sing Hallelujah at the top of their lungs.

• So Sad
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel
Christians don't exist man. They killed their own religion JFL @Eternal_

• JFL
  • So Sad
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel and Michael Myers