How much do smoking and stress affect hairloss?

LebenistneHure

LebenistneHure

Silver
I started smoking 3 months ago after my breakup even though I have never smoked cigs in my life, and I have asthma jfl. Anyways, the sides if the hairline, aka the temples have been receding for a few years now, albeit at a regular pace though. But recently, like a month ago, I noticed hair thinning straight up in the middle of my hairline where it starts. Could stress of a breakup also have caused an increased shedding? I also got her pregnant a few months ago and I thought my life was over, this is the biggest stress Ive ever experienced in my life, I was straight up drunk for a whole week. I heard that it takes about 3 months to start noticing hairloss from a stressful episode, and Ive had two in a span of two months, latest one being 3 months ago, and another one 2 months before the last.

ok

Last edited:
could be from stress tbh i heard about students balding from exams and then regrowing again

• +1
Reactions: nonserviam and LebenistneHure
It is well-known that smoking damages skin and entices premature wrinkles to break-out, however with regards to hair-loss I am uncertain.

not much. it's about genes.

I smoked for about three years. Didnt do anything to my hair.

Stress, poor diet, and smoking can cause hairloss due to inflammation and stress on the body, but this type of hairloss is reversible if you improve your lifestyle. Typical male pattern baldness type hairloss is genetic

not much. it's about genes.
Well, thing is I'm pretty sure I have some level of MPB like most males, but up until a month or two ago hairloss seemed slow and steady, I still have thick hair aside from temples which are receding, but I literally suddenly noticed almost like a thinning patch in the middle of my hairline, and that's what's making me think it's stress-related, since I noticed it suddenly. Temples were always receding which is fine by me, but the rest had a pretty uniform thickness. Now it's patchy, kind of. idk maybe I should visit a derm

if you didnt lose density at the sides its diffuse thinning mpb

Smoking dont affect hair

david lynch smoked all his life

DE0F7B17 9EF6 426A ADB6 39C735B864E0

u have more important things to worry abt bro

id recommend babynames.com