How much do wrists grow from weight lifting?

.*my*.

.*my*.

Kess mah ess
Yes I know that they are just bones, but there are many tendons and muscles surrounding the wrist:
00BC3E0D 5272 43D6 B51C FE07CF32AA8E

So let’s say a twig starts lifting at 140 pounds. 10-15 years later, with some roids he got up to 240 pounds. Now I don’t believe that his wrists are going to stay the same exact size. They certainly grow.

How much is the question. An inch? Half an inch? Two inches?

Yes I know that they are just bones, but there are many tendons and muscles surrounding the wrist: View attachment 813364

So let’s say a twig starts lifting at 140 pounds. 10-15 years later, with some roids he got up to 240 pounds. Now I don’t believe that his wrists are going to stay the same exact size. They certainly grow.

Heaviest squat I ever did was 1.5 my BW for 3 reps
Heaviest deadlift around 1.75 times my BW for 3 reps

Not a millimeter of difference in my wrists, but maybe if you go heavier it could improve idk

• +1
Reactions: WadlowMaxxing, Deleted member 7776, joeveniro and 2 others
Heaviest squat I ever did was 1.5 my BW for 3 reps
Heaviest deadlift around 1.75 times my BW for 3 reps

Not a millimeter of difference in my wrists, but maybe if you go heavier it could improve idk
Have you measured your wrists before you started lifting? And were you fat before? Was your body fat percentage the same?

Have you measured your wrists before you started lifting? And were you fat before? Was your body fat percentage the same?
Have not measured, but with the eye no diff whatsoever

I was 15%bf back then, I am prolly 25% now

• +1
Reactions: Mouthbreath
Have not measured, but with the eye no diff whatsoever

I was 15%bf back then, I am prolly 25% now
You can’t measure with your eyes.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6723
Went from 140 to 170 lbs. Wrists stayed the same.
I recently incorporated dedicated forearm training.
You can hide small wrists with a watch or accesories, but it's important to grow your forearms, can't hide those.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Yliaster, SadnessWYJ and .*my*.
You can hide small wrists with a watch or accesories, but it's important to grow your forearms, can't hide those.
I went from 125 to 190. Wrist grew half an inch. I was 18 when I started lifting weights. 20 now.

If you cant see it with your eyes what do you care?

So you can go to your autist friends and say your wrists grew 2mm?
2 mm is good too. Some growth is better than no growth.

Yes I know that they are just bones, but there are many tendons and muscles surrounding the wrist: View attachment 813364

I am pretty sure it goes up with bodyfat, I lost sone weight and I think my wrists became smaller. Not sure about weight lifting, I would expect atleast some gains there tbh

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6785 and .*my*.
2 mm is good too. Some growth is better than no growth.
I ask you again

If you don't see it with bare eye what is the point??

To say on dot me that your wrists grew?

I ask you again

If you don't see it with bare eye what is the point??

To say on dot me that your wrists grew?
If you add 1 mm of bones to your face is that going to make you more attractive or less attractive?

If you add 2 mm to your wrists is that going to make you look better or worse?

Yes the difference may not be visible, but subconsciously we all notice those small differences.

If you add 1 mm of bones to your face is that going to make you more attractive or less attractive?

If you add 2 mm to your wrists is that going to make you look better or worse?

Yes the difference may not be visible, but subconsciously we all notice those small differences.
Wrists are a meme tbh

• +1
Reactions: LowTierNormie, Deleted member 9819 and Deleted member 10449
Wrist.

Of all the things to looksmax, you're looking at your wrist.

What is this, so you can masturbate better?

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Aero, LowTierNormie, Deleted member 9819 and 6 others
Wrist.

Of all the things to looksmax, you're looking at your wrist.

What is this, so you can masturbate better?
Well you can hit harder with thicker wrists, that’s why boxers have them. You also generally look stronger and more powerful.

• +1
Reactions: LowTierNormie
Well you can hit harder with thicker wrists, that’s why boxers have them. You also generally look stronger and more powerful.

While having skinny fore and upper arms?

Zoomers under 21 are fucking odd af.

literally 0
just deal with it and get bigger foreams and arms to distract from ur girl wrists. thats all you can do
my wrists look insanely small compared to my forearms and arms. but its better than having small wrists and small forearms

literally 0
just deal with it and get bigger foreams and arms to distract from ur girl wrists. thats all you can do
my wrists look insanely small compared to my forearms and arms. but its better than having small wrists and small forearms

Wrists mean jack fucking shit bro

If you have big arms the female's instinct is not gonna be like; 'oh wait, his wrists are skinny'

• +1
Reactions: klamus, ropemaxx and .*my*.
literally 0
I don’t have “girl wrists”. My wrists are 7”.

If you have big arms the female's instinct is not gonna be like; 'oh wait, his wrists are skinny'
yeah its not the end of the world i guess.
i have gotten comments in my life like "your hands are so small, your wrists are small" ded srs
but if i had a better face/body it wouldnt have mattered

• +1
Reactions: .*my*.

Yes that’s true but subconsciously and biologically, instinctively, if you will, these things don’t go unnoticed.

yeah its not the end of the world i guess.
i have gotten comments in my life like "your hands are so small, your wrists are small" ded srs
but if i had a better face/body it wouldnt have mattered

I have big hands and wrists tbf and my forearms are sick. Probably my best body trait, alone with my chest and shoulders. So may be I'm not understanding the concern all of you guys have.

What I do know is enough muscle pressure applied to bone, encourages that bone to move and/or grow. Hence people can increase their frame when training delts ACCORDINGLY and CONSISTENTLY.

• JFL
Or a bunch of NT friendship bands or something, I dunno lmao

big forearms >>>>>>>wrist

but yeah it nay change if you hit forearms hard enough
2011VisaChampionships4V8zg9ucRaEx

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6191 and .*my*.
I have big hands and wrists tbf and my forearms are sick. Probably my best body trait, alone with my chest and shoulders. So may be I'm not understanding the concern all of you guys have.

What I do know is enough muscle pressure applied to bone, encourages that bone to move and/or grow. Hence people can increase their frame when training delts ACCORDINGLY and CONSISTENTLY.
Any special gym tips you wanna share for shoulders?
Im mostly focusing on getting a stronger OHP and then isolating with some lateral raises and facepulls. That should be fine right?

Inject HGH for wrist growth.

• JFL
I went from 125 to 190. Wrist grew half an inch. I was 18 when I started lifting weights. 20 now.
your bones probably just got bigger since you were only 18

How long have you been lifting? And have you measured your wrists before and after?
been lifting for 2 years

first measured my wrists half a year after the beginning

since then zero wrist circumference growth, not even a millimeter

I have gained close to 30kg and quadrupled my strength in that time

• Hmm...
been lifting for 2 years

first measured my wrists half a year after the beginning

since then zero wrist circumference growth, not even a millimeter

I have gained close to 30kg and quadrupled my strength in that time
Strange. Mine grew a little.

Too high inhib. Do you want bigger wrists or not? There are 12 year old kids with more balls than you it seems.
Yes it’d be preferable, but it’s not like HGH doesn’t have side effects.

absolutely agree. Forearms are so overlooked

You can't grow bone you dumb fuck

I think mine didn't grow visibly tbh, actually my bigger forearms make my wrists look even tinier.

• +1
You can't grow bone you dumb fuck

You can. Muscle presses against bone and encourages growth. Read into it. That's how I improved my frame in my teens and early 20s.

Any special gym tips you wanna share for shoulders?
Im mostly focusing on getting a stronger OHP and then isolating with some lateral raises and facepulls. That should be fine right?

Shoulder raises. Front and lat raises. They're underestimated by the average/casual gym goer. Keep tension throughout. Remember to always squeeze. Breathe in and out through nose only. If it's harder that just means you're not strong and/or fit enough. Reduce the weight. Don't neglect form to look tough. Stretch out your shoulders on days you're not working them. Do high reps. 30 max, 25 minimum. When you are just training for strength gains and not muscle, while doing over-head press using barbell, don't focus on the squeeze and rather exploding and pressing the weight. Form is less important, though still important when training strength. Just explode instead. Make sure you build good strength, before trying to squeeze and sculpt muscle.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: ropemaxx
Shoulder raises. Front and lat raises. They're underestimated by the average/casual gym goer. Keep tension throughout. Remember to always squeeze. Breathe in and out through nose only. If it's harder that just means you're not strong and/or fit enough. Reduce the weight. Don't neglect form to look tough. Stretch out your shoulders on days you're not working them. Do high reps. 30 max, 25 minimum. When you are just training for strength gains and not muscle, while doing over-head press using barbell, don't focus on the squeeze and rather exploding and pressing the weight. Form is less important, though still important when training strength. Just explode instead. Make sure you build good strength, before trying to squeeze and sculpt muscle.
Got it! However i heard strength and muscle size cant be seperated on the compound movements like the OHP, do you think thats true?