how much does ramus length increase with every 1 degree of CCW?

bobsmith03

bobsmith03

Diamond
I want to restore my lost potential of what I would've looked like If I mewed/chewed harder and had proper growth.

how many mm would the ramus gain for every 1 degree CCW rotation? I know that in proper facial development the ramus goes down and rotates.

My occlusal plane is 13 degrees, I heard ideal is somewhere around 3-5deg. So in other words how much would my 3cm ramus lengthen by If I got a genuine 10 degrees of CCW?

Im asking because I want to get jaw angle implants so I can mimic a naturally rotated ramus. Im also getting genio which would mimic a fully forward grown mandible.
The mandible plane angle I don't think I can do anything however the jaw angle make give illusion of a lower mandible plane angle.

Anyone know pls let me know

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: pagodagu and mvp2v1

I want to restore my lost potential of what I would've looked like If I mewed/chewed harder and had proper growth.

how many mm would the ramus gain for every 1 degree CCW rotation? I know that in proper facial development the ramus goes down and rotates.

My occlusal plane is 13 degrees, I heard ideal is somewhere around 3-5deg. So in other words how much would my 3cm ramus lengthen by If I got a genuine 10 degrees of CCW?

Im asking because I want to get jaw angle implants so I can mimic a naturally rotated ramus. Im also getting genio which would mimic a fully forward grown mandible.
The mandible plane angle I don't think I can do anything however the jaw angle make give illusion of a lower mandible plane angle.

Anyone know pls let me know
It doesn't. I used to think like you, with the mewing gif... logically it should right. The thing is, they don't rotate it from all the way back there. They rotate the jaws by breaking the bones more infront. I'd advice chewing and even light clenching day to day equal both sides for a few months. I developed a tiny bit of assymetry, and this proves it works. Cause before they were the same, but now the one with slightly smaller masseter, has slightly inward gonion and slightly less definition. I am chewing on that side to make up for it now. It helped my gonions go more outwards, before were giga inwards, and made my gonial sharper and increased ramus length. I don't know if it did any CCW rotation.
Anyways, after a few months, stop, to allow masseter atrophy (though this is kind of hard, you gotta stop using it for a while). You can afford this as your bigonial is 90% of bizygo right?
We have the exact same problems man for everything, from downward growth mouthbreathing to 4 premolar extractions to braces.

• +1
Reactions: pagodagu

Users who are viewing this thread

Back