How safe is topical valproic acid?

Bewusst

Bewusst

dead inside
I’m considering using it to improve my eyebrows. Any significant systemic absorption or long term adverse effects on the endocrine system? I would dissolve it in alcohol and apply it on and around my eyebrows. Any danger on eyesight if it gets in the eyes? Also, what is a reasonable dosage/concentration for this purpose?

@Seth Walsh @Cope @Mr_wax @Dyorotic2 (pm) @Wincel @Madness @rax1337 @hairyballscel (anyone feel free to respond if you’re familiar with the topic)

Last edited:
Come on

• JFL
Reactions: Chintuck22
No significant absorption. Not even if you microneedle first.

why don't i get notifications when ppl tag me?

side effects include(this is from oral VPA, shouldn't be a problem if it doesn't go systemic):

Abdominal pain; alertness increased; alopecia (regrowth may be curly); anaemia; behaviour abnormal; bone disorders; bone fracture; cerebral atrophy; coma; confusion; consciousness impaired; dementia; diarrhoea; diplopia; drowsiness; encephalopathy; fine postural tremor; gastrointestinal disorder; gynaecomastia; haemorrhage; hallucination; hearing loss; hepatic disorders; hirsutism; hyperammonaemia; leucopenia; menstrual cycle irregularities; movement disorders; nail disorder; nausea; obesity; pancreatitis; pancytopenia; parkinsonism; peripheral oedema; seizure; severe cutaneous adverse reactions (SCARs); skin reactions; suicidal tendencies; thrombocytopenia; urine abnormalities; vasculitis; vomiting; weight increased

There's a protocol that I use to regrow my hairline without a HT. Very costly but effective certainly. I've never felt any systemic effects of valproic acid.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero and Bewusst
if the noodlefucker is right than DMSO + microneedling should help

There's a protocol that I use to regrow my hairline without a HT. Very costly but effective certainly. I've never felt any systemic effects of valproic acid.
were you reffering to systemic absorption?

I’m considering using it to improve my eyebrows. Any significant systemic absorption or long term adverse effects on the endocrine system? I would dissolve it in alcohol and apply it on and around my eyebrows. Any danger on eyesight if it gets in the eyes? Also, what is a reasonable dosage/concentration for this purpose?

@Seth Walsh @Cope @Mr_wax @Dyorotic2 (pm) @Wincel @Madness @rax1337 @hairyballscel (anyone feel free to respond if you’re familiar with the topic)
i was thinking of using topical VPA but was a pussy about it, thanks for being a lab rat!!

try out topicals that increase PGE2 synthesis: castor oil + emu oil + dmso + microneedling + AHK - Cu for faster cell regrowth

At what concentration and with which solvent are you using it? Where do you source VA? What about it getting in the eyes?

Here, we show that upon exposure to glycogen synthase kinase 3 (GSK3) inhibitors alone, the expression of definitive endoderm specific genes GATA4, FOXA2, and SOX17 in hASCs significantly increased in a manner with activation of Wnt/β-catenin signalling.
- Activation of Wnt/β-catenin signalling via GSK3 inhibitors direct differentiation of human adipose stem cells into functional hepatocytes

This is the same way VPA works: The hair regenerative effect of SV is due to anagen phase induction and activation of the Wnt/β-catenin pathway that is important for the differentiation of stem cells into follicular keratinocytes and the development of hair follicles

Taking something else for activation of the Wnt/B-catenin pathway might help your eyebrows aswell tbh,

Curcumin, a natural compound found in the plant turmeric (Curcuma longa), displays protective effects in various animal models of AD [150, 151]. Studies have shown that curcumin can potentially promote Wnt/β-catenin signaling by increasing the expression of Wnt proteins and Wnt co-receptor LRP5/6 and suppressing the expression of Wnt antagonist DKK1 [152, 153].

Turmeric is known to be good for hair growth so i could be right

• +1
Reactions: LastHopeForNorman, Cope, Zeta ascended and 2 others
  • +1
Reactions: Bewusst
All the real niggas are using sulfuric acid

• +1
Reactions: 98Zdeed98
Havent heard about this one anywhere, where do you get it's efficacy from?

What protocol are you using? I have regrown 0,5cm but sparse spots, didn't really get to minox fin yet, just warming up. I do needling and PRP though.

Havent heard about this one anywhere, where do you get it's efficacy from?
@Mr_wax grew a whole new hairline with VA so it would possibly work for eyebrows too

@Mr_wax grew a whole new hairline with VA so it would possibly work for eyebrows too
Where is the proof? i haven't heard about it anywhere. I guess ill check it later on.

Here, we show that upon exposure to glycogen synthase kinase 3 (GSK3) inhibitors alone, the expression of definitive endoderm specific genes GATA4, FOXA2, and SOX17 in hASCs significantly increased in a manner with activation of Wnt/β-catenin signalling.
- Activation of Wnt/β-catenin signalling via GSK3 inhibitors direct differentiation of human adipose stem cells into functional hepatocytes

This is the same way VPA works: The hair regenerative effect of SV is due to anagen phase induction and activation of the Wnt/β-catenin pathway that is important for the differentiation of stem cells into follicular keratinocytes and the development of hair follicles

Taking something else for activation of the Wnt/B-catenin pathway might help your eyebrows aswell tbh,

Curcumin, a natural compound found in the plant turmeric (Curcuma longa), displays protective effects in various animal models of AD [150, 151]. Studies have shown that curcumin can potentially promote Wnt/β-catenin signaling by increasing the expression of Wnt proteins and Wnt co-receptor LRP5/6 and suppressing the expression of Wnt antagonist DKK1 [152, 153].

Turmeric is known to be good for hair growth so i could be right
If I were to apply it to my beard area after microneedling will it help grow more hair. I also use minoxidil.

• +1
Reactions: hairyballscel
If I were to apply it to my beard area after microneedling will it help grow more hair. I also use minoxidil.
apply what?
turmeric?jfl or VPA?

if ur talking about VPA than yes it should help grow more hair

• +1
Reactions: Zeta ascended
Is it anti-androgenic.
Women undergoing VPA treatment reportedly have an increased incidence of polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)-like symptoms including hyperandrogenism and oligo- or amenorrhoea. link

We examined the effect of VPA on androgen biosynthesis in ovarian theca cells isolated from follicles of normal cycling women to determine whether the hyperandrogenemia reported with VPA treatment could be a result of direct effects of VPA on the ovary. In long-term cultures of theca cells treated for 72 h with sodium valproate (30-3000 microm), we observed an increase in basal and forskolin-stimulated dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA), androstenedione, and 17alpha-hydroxyprogesterone production compared with control values. link

VPA caused a significant increase in basal and luteinizing hormone (LH)‐stimulated testosterone secretion from small follicles, whereas in medium follicles, an increased basal but decreased LH‐stimulated testosterone secretion was found. VPA caused decreased basal and follicle‐stimulating hormone (FSH)‐stimulated estradiol secretion by small follicles, whereas only the higher concentration decreased estradiol secretion in medium follicles. The conversion of testosterone to estradiol by small follicles was decreased under the influence of VPA in testosterone‐alone and in testosterone‐plus‐FSH–stimulated cultures, whereas this was seen at only the higher VPA concentration in medium follicles. VPA had no effect on cell proliferation and viability, whereas in a dose‐dependent manner, VPA increased caspase‐3 activity. link

these studies show it might be actually good for androgens tbh, its associated with hyperandrogenemia and inhibits testososterone conversion to estrogen.

but look at this:
Data generated clearly shows that the levels of intratesticular testosterone in rats treated with sodium valproate decreased significantly in the 2nd to 7th week sampling time. Bauer et al.[4] and Kuhn-Velten et al.[18] reported that valproate acts directly on the testis, to inhibit testosterone synthesis by the leydig cells.

theres data on both sides tbh, don't worry too much about any of this, the VPA might not even go systemic, if you really care, get bloodworks done

im not very knowledgeable about this stuff doe, ask a smarter user, i just skimmed thru a few abstracts

Can you back up your claim?
Pic is from some other forum. And you can just read the topic to see that he was not even able to dissolve the tablets.