How tall is your chin and philtrum?

What is your chin height with a tape measure?

• <20mm

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • 20 - 25mm

• 26 - 30mm

• 31 - 35mm

Votes: 14 20.6%
  • 36 - 40mm

Votes: 16 23.5%
  • 40 - 44mm

Votes: 19 27.9%
  • 45mm+

Votes: 10 14.7%

• Total voters
EverythingMattersCel

EverythingMattersCel

that bitch
Obviously only a few here have had a cephalogram scan so this not going to be that accurate.

Take a tape measure and measure your philtrum length and chin height in cm.

Chin height is from pt 32 to pt 33. Philtrum height pt 25 to the bottom of cupid's bow.

Have a neutral facial expression and ideally use a tape measure rather than a ruler for most accurate results.

In my case, I get told that I have a short chin here but my my philtrum is 13mm and chin is 35mm. A chin-philtrum ratio between 2.5 and 3 is supposed to be ideal, yet my chin looks short. A lot here might not have short chins but a protrusive lips or some kind of lip incompetency.

Just interested to see what kind of chin heights people have. Post them. I will add a poll here too...

• +1
Reactions: Julius
~ 36mm, is that good?

MIRIN?

Protrusive lips increase philtrum length?
Protrusive or big lips in general can make your perceived chin height look way shorter.

• +1
Reactions: AlexBrown84, Deleted member 9670, Deleted member 14848 and 2 others
Obviously only a few here have had a cephalogram scan so this not going to be that accurate.

View attachment 1136298

Chin height is from pt 32 to pt 33. Philtrum height pt 25 to the bottom of cupid's bow.

Have a neutral facial expression and ideally use a tape measure rather than a ruler for most accurate results.

In my case, I get told that I have a short chin here but my my philtrum is 13mm and chin is 35mm. A chin-philtrum ratio between 2.5 and 3 is supposed to be ideal, yet my chin looks short. A lot here might not have short chins but a protrusive lips or some kind of lip incompetency.

Just interested to see what kind of chin heights people have. Post them. I will add a poll here too...
Philtrum 12mm

Chin 40mm

My chin width is fucking shit tho

MIRIN?
That's a big chin on a bloated FACE. What height do you get with a ruler/tape measure?

• +1
Reactions: Baldingman1998
My Philtrum is 48mm
My chin is 12mm

• JFL
  • Woah
  • So Sad
Reactions: poopoohead, coolguy1, delusionalretard and 3 others
I have a 12 mm philtrum and a 42 mm chin, and no, I'm not LARPing jfl.

It actually worsens my harmony a bit, I'm gonna lengthen my philtrum slightly when I get my rhino and if the harmony is still off I will shorten the chin with genio

• +1
Reactions: Slob

It actually worsens my harmony a bit, I'm gonna lengthen my philtrum slightly when I get my rhino and if the harmony is still off I will shorten the chin with genio
Better to have a tall chin than look like you have Short Face Syndrome. Anecdotally I have seen a few girls turned off by very tall chins but above average chin height is generally seen as a masculine trait that is desirable.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Slob and Julius
In my case, I get told that I have a short chin here but my my philtrum is 13mm and chin is 35mm. A chin-philtrum ratio between 2.5 and 3 is supposed to be ideal, yet my chin looks short.
That's because your chin is short lol, it is not all about ratios, absolute measurements matter too, plus even if you have a short philtrum to match it, your chin can still look short in relation to another of your facial features.

• +1
Reactions: EverythingMattersCel
what chin?

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Slob, Be_ConfidentBro and RealTruecel
Also to answer the OP:
18mm philtrum
40mm chin

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 18776
Also to answer the OP:
18mm philtrum
40mm chin
That's because your chin is short lol, it is not all about ratios, absolute measurements matter too, plus even if you have a short philtrum to match it, your chin can still look short in relation to another of your facial features.

Yes, if I suck my lips in I have 42mm chin height so in my case it might be the mouth ratios that are throwing off the chin ratios. In your case, do you find your philtrum to failo you? 18mm is a long philtrum. Average range for men is 13-15mm.

• +1
Reactions: Protégé
15 mm philtrum
47.5 mm chin

In your case, do you find your philtrum to failo you?
Not really tbh, my lips are not thin and my skull is rather tall, so it doesn't look really disproportionate, my midface ratio is 1 despite of it lol.
Also I have noticed that stubble gives the illusion of a shorter philtrum somehow, at least in my case.

18mm is a long philtrum. Average range for men is 13-15mm.
18mm is not that long imo, Zac Efron has a 18mm philtrum according to this database.

Also 13mm philtrum length is below average for males, 15~16mm is the average:

• +1
Phily 15mm (measured from bottom of the nose to top of the upper lip)
Chin 47mm (measured from bottom of lower lip to bottom of the chin)

Phily 15mm (measured from bottom of the nose to top of the upper lip)
Chin 47mm (measured from bottom of lower lip to bottom of the chin)
Does your chin look tall?

• +1
Reactions: Blue
Ideally, your chin should be 2.5 times that of your philtrum.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero
Does your chin look tall?
Yes, but since my philtrum (15mm) and lips (upper 9mm lower 10mm) are all quite tall, the chin doesn't look as big as it actually is. I like it though, the elongated lower third look is nice, and the chin not sticking out like a sore thumb doesn't give me this ogre small lips long philtrum big chin combination.

• +1
Reactions: Phillybeard1996
I haven't measured this shit but my phultrum is like 1-2cm and my chin would be like 5cm max idk someone guess from my profile pic

Almost the same but even shorter philtrum

• Woah
Reactions: Julius
I haven't measured this shit but my phultrum is like 1-2cm and my chin would be like 5cm max idk someone guess from my profile pic
Mumbai tier iq

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 6531
50mm chin with an 18mm philtrum reporting in.

View attachment 1136298

Short Philtrum is gay on a male

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9670
my philtrum is gigasmall like 10mm

philtrum 10mm
chin37mm

Tall chin short philtrum

I thought my chin was extremely short, but it's 40 mm and my philtrum is 10 mm. If ideal is 2.5 ratio is it over for me? I have a deep bite too and I think I have short face syndrome, at least it looks like it when I bite down when chewing food, but that's probably just my deep bite. When not chewing my face doesn't look that short. Without deep bite and proper growth my chin would easily be 45 if not more JFL.

The biggest problem for me seems to be a girly narrow chin. It has literally no width at all. Genio widening should fix that combined with some advancement/projection.

Last edited:
Protrusive or big lips in general can make your perceived chin height look way shorter.
My lips are both protrusive and big :lul: , just measured my chin height and it's exactly 36mm which is not big by any means but it's not bad either if you don't have monkey lips that is lmao. (Philtrum is 15 mm)

19mm Philtrum 47mm chin

• +1
my chin is 42mm

• +1