Algorithm to actually looksmaxxing

N

newzealand

Iron
FIRST OF ALL THIS IS MY FIRST THREAD SO I APOLOGIZE BEFOREHAND FOR ANY KIND OF FORMATTING ERROR AND/OR TYPO AS WELL AS GRAMMAR INCONGRUENCES SINCE ENGLISH IS MY THIRD LANGUAGE

Now lets get into matter.
A lot of you do not know how to actually looksmax. That's why you go to the rating section or tell everyone to get bimax. In order to proper looksmax, you need to have an organized and analytical structure and plan, that's why this is called 'algorithm for looksmaxxing'. Pretty sure everyone knows what an algorithm is, but no one is born knowing everything, so for those who still dont know, this is an algorithm:
Decision tree classification algorithm

It's basically a set of decisions that lead you to a conclusion in order to act in fornt of a certain circumstance or situation. Doctors, AI, engineers, military they all use this because it's very easy make it repetitive and reliable, as well as fast and efficient.
Ok, so that's an algorithm, how do we apply to looksmaxxing? Simple. Follow the algorithm I just created.
THE ALGORITHM
Now im not gonna do the drawing cause that will take too much time and thats one of the key philosophies of looksmaxxing: DO NOT LET IT DETRACT TOO MUCH TIME FROM YOUR LIVE. And i know everyone will say this is bluepill, but it is the truth and some will get it: life is not black and white, its a scale of grays, and as such, you do not NEED to be the 0.01% male in everything in order to enjoy life and be happy, and if you think otherwise i'd honestly recommend taking some time off the forum and meditating about it. If you do understand this, the looksmaxxing journey will be much more enjoyable cause it will only matter YOUR progress, not comparing yourself which on itself awful.
Im sorry for the little sermon, now onto what you came for:
STEP 1: IDENTIFYING YOUR CURRENT RANK.
This might be a bit hard because to asses one's own attractivenes is undeniably biased, but the best you can do is the following: get a pair of calipers and measure your shit. Another good alternative is a pic but most people do not have what is needed to measure their ratios from a pic, im talking about lens distortion. Im sure you already know all the measurements im reffering to but if u dont, check out this thread: https://looksmax.org/threads/ideal-facial-ratios-and-proportions.57266/. Although the thread is really good, id like to point out a few things:
  • The FWHR should not be measured from eyebrows to upper lip, but from the superior margin of the orbits to the upper lip. This is because that is the actual indicator of a properly grown face as eyebrow height varies and although you'd ideally want low-set eyebrows, it is not a disqualifier of good looks. The range is between 1.8-2.1 both included.
  • The midface ratio range is from 0.95-1.15 (not from 1-1.1), both included. If you are gonna comment that either compact midface or death, please save it. First read a little about facial aesthetics, thank you.
  • Mouth to nose ratio can go from 1.35-1.55. The 1.6 ratio is a bit too high and only applicable to females, since they have narrower noses. Men on average have wider noses, and thus this makes the ratio get lower.
  • The chin to philtrum ratio can go from 2.1-2.6. But also note that the upper third to lower third ratio of the jaw MUST be >=2. If not it can look bad even if the chin to philtrum is fine.
  • Byzigomatic-bigonial: anything in between .95-.85 is good.
  • Canthal tilt: as long as it is not negative, youll be fine. Just that a positive tilt is more striking, even though a neutral tilt with positively tilted eyebrows can be just as good.
  • Foreahead height: this is a tricky one, cause it should be proportional, it does not really matter the size as most of you will have a normal head. Simply make sure it is just a bit bigger than your middle third but definetely smaller than your lower third.
  • Facial thirds: in order of length they should be lower>upper>middle. The ideal lower third to middle thir ratio can be anything between 1.1-1.25. Deviating just a bit is OK.
  • Finally id like to add 2 ratios that are not there: facial index and total FWHR. Facial index calssifies your face overall shape and the order from best to worst is mesoprosopic>=leptoprosopic>euryprosopic. The reason i say lepto adn meso can be equal is because you can look good with both, while an euryprosopic face will always have un underdeveloped look to it. And total FWHR should range from 1.33-1.4. Reason for this is taht men on average have taller faces than women, and even tho it can look goo (think jordan barrett with a 1.25 or so) a hihger ratio is more masculine and 'higher-class' (we will get back to this).
However, last thread only applies if you are caucasian. For my non-caucasian readers, here you go: blacks and asians. (really good threads from a really good user ive been reading @Korea). Most of the things i pointed out above are mentioned there but for non-caucasian males.
Now, to rate yourself objectively is simple, follow the guidelines in this thread outlined at the begginig of it. That's gonna tell you were you stand. IF YOU DONT HAVE MORE THAN 9 UNIDEAL RATIOS, MOVE ON WITH LIFE, LOOKSMAXXING IS A WASTE OF ENERGY AND TIME. I know some wont listen but still, i said it and it cleans my conscience.
STEP 2: FIXING YOUR FLAWS
Fixing flaws is just as easy as anything, i dont know why people talk about harmony and some other ethereal and abstract shit. Going from a 1.8 to a 2.25 chin to philtrum ratio will always be objectively better. Going from a 1.5 total FWHR to a 1.4 total FWHR will always be objectively better. The problem arises from not knowing how to actually do it. let's go back to the chin to philtrum ratio (CTPR); there are two ways of improving it: shorter philtrum and longer chin. What people dont get is that when you are gonna address a flaw, you have to take into account the other ratios it will change, that is the so called 'harmony'. In short, it means that fixing a flaw has to outweight the possible negative of affecting some other ratio. If going from a 1.8 CTPR to a 2.25 will mean having a cocksucker upper lip, simply dont do it like that and get genio. Maybe even combine them, since most of the time little changes here and there are better than a maasive localized one.
Now, to demonstrate this im gonna use myself as an example, since this is the best way to learn. What flaws my face is mainly the following:
  • Long face (not mid-face): total FWHR of 1.42 and facial index of .925 (although this is not as bad)
  • Short lower third: lower to middle third ratio of 1.17 (i will explain later why it failos ME)
  • Recessed chin: the height is not lacking, but the forward projection is, and since we do not live in a 2D world, a better projection is crucial.
I know what you are going to say: but that is less than 9 unideal ratios and you said move on with ur life... I never said im gonna do anything about it, im just gonna use it as an example chill. SO i got a long-ish face/skull, a 'short lower third' and a recessed chin. Lets start with the length problem. One could think of two things, shortening or widening. Shortening is easy, lower the hairline, since a 3 mm hairline reduction will take me to a 1.39 ratio that is already in the good range. NEVER shorten your face from below, cause u will be fucking up the lower to full face ratio. The ohter solution would be widening with zygomatic arch implants, but then you should make sure that the ESR stays within safe limits. Thats it.
Now regarding my 'short lower third'. The reason i say its 'short' although it is in the acceptable range is my facial index, and this leads back to 'harmony'. A wide, mesoprosopic face can get away with a shorter lower third better than a long face, cause you'd ideally want your face length be due to lower third height, so, for a leptoprosopic index a 1.2 lower to middle third is good and desirable, tahts why i said leptoprosopic is not always bad. The only way to increase the ratio is reducing apparent midface length, or increasing lower third haight, but that would further increase the facial index, right? Remember we discussed zygomatic implants? This is where we couple small cahnges, to achive an overall improvement, id get a taller lower third at the same time as a face width increase (watching out for IPD) to get a taller lower third, mantain facial index, and improve total FWHR. Its a triple win. How to increase lower third height? Vertical as well as horizontal genio (remember my recessed chin) and boom, all my failos fixed.

Am i gonna do this? Fuck no, theres more to life than being a complete supermodel and 'mogging' other men. You just need to pass a threshold and live with it. But as you can see, you have to analyze and commit to the task of what harms your face the most and what is the most cost/efficient way of solving it. Again, not everyone needs trimax and super hunter eyes. Thats literally autism ("and the presence of restricted and repetitive patterns of behavior.", quote from wikipedia).

STEP 3: LIVING LIFE
Once you know what you are gonna get, there is no point in spending more time thinking about it, on the forum, or day dreaming. Life is now, and just as a wise man once said: Life goes by really fast, it's the days that go by slowly. Which means focus on the day to day and enjoy what you have now. Set the goal, the methods to achieve it, and forget about the destination, cause it will eat you. Its like doing a hike and asking every five minutes how much is left. Thats it, im out. I will gladly answer coherent comments.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • WTF
  • Love it
Reactions: dna_cel, micropp, Aero and 10 others
btw, i can rate privately if you actually have a good picture and want some advice. i gotta say tho im new and dont know how PM's work. thx

• +1
Reactions: boss8055 and tigrxs
Dnrd black text on black background

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: goat123, mogstars, newzealand and 1 other person
In summary
Finding and fixing ur flaws

• JFL
Reactions: CarrotMaxxer and nathan
had to turn on light mode for this shit

• So Sad
Reactions: newzealand
edit the text to have no colour

• +1
Reactions: newzealand
In summary
Finding and fixing ur flaws
That would be oversimplifying it. I want to stress that it is not a find x flaw and fix it. You need to look at all of them, and fint out fixing which ones would contribute the better. Also, not every flaw needs to be fixed, ig you missed the poin. My bad, maybe a didnt explain myself clearly enough

• +1
Reactions: tigrxs
Dnrd most of it except for some parts, tbh you're right no point in rotting on forums all day when I know what needs to be done.
Just gotta do it innit

• +1
Reactions: itsoverforus and newzealand

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Jarate, joaotorri and newzealand
Dnrd most of it except for some parts, tbh you're right no point in rotting on forums all day when I know what needs to be done.
Just gotta do it innit
exactly, once the path is drawn to get somewhere just follow it and enjoy the rest of the trail.

• +1
Reactions: Pakicel