How to fix horrible downwards growth, when I have a good occlusal angle. What would the surgeon rotate m?

N

Naris030

Iron
I am 100% downwards grown:

• I have high gonial angle (125-130 degrees)

•I have that’s notch in the middle of my mandible where is suddenly grows a lot more downwards

•also need more forward growth, according to ceph analysis (my mandibular length is 113mm compared to average of 135mm, and my midfacial length is 81mm compared to average of 105)

But for some reason my occlusal plane is around 7 degrees (which is close to ideal 8).

So how would I do a ccw rotation to fix the
Horrible downwards growth when there is nothing to rotate.

Ideally I would need a maxillary impaction because of gummy smile. But how would the surgeon do that when there is no room to rotate?

Any advice on what to do?
704C3F2C 97BF 4EA7 995B 4B95DB613263

Last edited:
@Allornothing @RealSurgerymax

You can still get CCWr - slightly negative occlusal plane angle is okay.

i believe braces can be used in prep to adjust your occlusal plane to be correct after bimax

i believe braces can be used in prep to adjust your occlusal plane to be correct after bimax
Yeah, that and he could get his occlusal plane 'fixed' for bimax beforehand, surgery first results are great too, but surgery after is better in many cases, just takes more time. In his case it's probably necessary beforehand.

Last edited:
Yeah, that and he could get his occlusal plane 'fixed' for bimax beforehand, surgery first results are great too, but surgery after is better in many cases, just takes more time. In his case it's probably necessary beforehand.
Ok thanks just wanted to clarify it’s possible.

Ok thanks just wanted to clarify it’s possible.
yessir :) also, ur gonial angle still is fine, 125-130degrees gonial angle is still in a good range, it'd be feminine territory with like 140+, I think my jaw has that angle lol, so no need to worry about that fam.