How to get rid of oil on skin throughout the day

ilyess

ilyess

محرقة اليهود لم تحدث
Especially on nose and nose area actually in my case only on nose and nose area, i know the solution might be simple or maybe not but im not an expert
i wash my face in the morning and whenever i got the chance to cuz shit gets messy in half an hour and i spend most of the day out so is there anything i can do in the mornning to prevent any oil (sebum) for the rest of the day ?

• +1
Reactions: sandcelmuttcel
Solution
CaptainCalicoe
I was in your situation at one point. Ok here's your problem, your moisture barrier is damaged. Especially if youre washing your face at any given chance, that's not the way to go bro, youre constantly drying out or overloading your face, so your skin is overregulating and producing too much oil to compensate.
There are so many things you can do to fix this but here are a few:

- Be wary of foaming cleansers, yes people normally recommend these cleansers for oily skin as they dry out your skin to get rid of the oil, but to counter this and make sure your skin doesn't reproduce too much oil to compensate you need to make sure you hydrate your skin properly after, so moisturise well on damp skin

- Same rule of moisturising and hydrating...
Niacinamide and retinol 1% helped me:y'all:

• +1
Reactions: ilyess
I was in your situation at one point. Ok here's your problem, your moisture barrier is damaged. Especially if youre washing your face at any given chance, that's not the way to go bro, youre constantly drying out or overloading your face, so your skin is overregulating and producing too much oil to compensate.

- Be wary of foaming cleansers, yes people normally recommend these cleansers for oily skin as they dry out your skin to get rid of the oil, but to counter this and make sure your skin doesn't reproduce too much oil to compensate you need to make sure you hydrate your skin properly after, so moisturise well on damp skin

- Same rule of moisturising and hydrating applies for anything that dries out your skin, chemical peels, retinoids, etc

- Only wash your face in the morning and at night (you can do more if you really have to, etc exercise, but i just get some cool water and wipe/splash sweat off my face in this case), this may feel bad for a few days or weeks even since your skin is oily, but you need to get your skin to be regulating itself properly, hence why we're trying to restore your moisture barrier
- If you really want, carry around a tissue to dab your nose with, only your nose, dont wipe your skin, just dab the excess oil off gently

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: .👽., ilyess, Gonthar and 1 other person
Solution

- Same rule of moisturising and hydrating applies for anything that dries out your skin, chemical peels, retinoids, etc

- Only wash your face in the morning and at night (you can do more if you really have to, etc exercise, but i just get some cool water and wipe/splash sweat off my face in this case), this may feel bad for a few days or weeks even since your skin is oily, but you need to get your skin to be regulating itself properly, hence why we're trying to restore your moisture barrier
- If you really want, carry around a tissue to dab your nose with, only your nose, dont wipe your skin, just dab the excess oil off gently
I second this, stop washing your face so often, that's the reason why your face is so oily, instead wash it in the morning and night with a gentle non foaming cleanser (i can personally vouch for cerave hydrating cleanser).

Aso use some moisturizing product, try to chose one which doesn't leave any residue or "shininess" to your face.

You could even try using tretinoin, as it's very drying, but that's way more advanced stuff.

• +1
Reactions: CaptainCalicoe
I second this, stop washing your face so often, that's the reason why your face is so oily, instead wash it in the morning and night with a gentle non foaming cleanser (i can personally vouch for cerave hydrating cleanser).

Aso use some moisturizing product, try to chose one which doesn't leave any residue or "shininess" to your face.

You could even try using tretinoin, as it's very drying, but that's way more advanced stuff.
I can also vouch for cerave hydrating cleanser, has worked wonders for me, cerave in general are very solid.

I was saying that yes he can use very drying things, but the main thing is to make sure he hydrates and moisturisers his skin afterwards well enough otherwise he'll end up with not just oily skin, but dehydrated which is far worse.