How to get rid of sternum pain asap? (GTFIH PLEASE)

iabsolvejordan

iabsolvejordan

meghanrochelover911
This might sound like a shitpost but I'm 100% serious.

Yesterday when I was at the gym, I warmed my upper body up for like 20 seconds, and then I started incline barbell bench pressing. On my first set I did 5 reps of the empty bar (20kg - 45lbs) to warm up, and then for my second set I decided to load up the bar with a 15kg (33lbs) plate, so in total 50kg (110lbs). Don't laugh at me but I'm generally on the weaker side with my bench since I have a big wingspan for my height and I only weigh 68kg (150lbs) at 175.5cm (5'9.25") height. My goal was to hit failure within 5 reps, or at least until 1-2RIR. I guess I wasn't present enough in the moment and I was vibing too much to the music in my headphones, because when I started performing the set I felt like I was gonna end up on those gym fail videos💀 By the second rep, I accidentally let the barbell hit my chest a bit too harsh with a decent amount of momentum and I felt my sternum crack twice, all in the span of less than 1 second, immediately leaving me out of breath and I started panicking. Eventually after what felt like an eternity, I successfully finished my 5-rep set but it was definitely one of the worst experiences I ever had during bench pressing, especially because my friend who usually spots me was across the gym doing another exercise. I then did a third set with the same weight, but this one was even worse. I had anxiety from the previous set which left me with less strength than usual and a worse ROM, but I managed to complete that set aswell. After I was finished with this exercise, I felt heavy pain and discomfort from just breathing and un-racking the weights.:feelswhy: I then moved on to my workout, doing 6 more exercises before calling it a day.
Total workout duration was 1h 3m which was the shortest workout I've had since at the gym for the past 3 weeks.

Fast-forward to today, 19 hours after this happened, I still feel pain during sudden movements, when inhaling deeply, and especially if I experience hiccups. But it's less pain than yesterday, so it's a good sign. My question is how do I get rid of this pain completely as fast as possible? My next workout is on Saturday, so I hope to be able to recover from this until then.

bump, i need answers

Rest for 2-3days, see how it feels and if you still have pain you should go to the doctor

I only weigh 68kg (150lbs) at 175.5cm (5'9.25")
Cope lol. My cousin was hitting 100x2 with the same stats.

• +1
Reactions: iabsolvejordan
  • +1
you have costocondritis blud, this is because of your horrific slouch posture. your weak low/middle trapezius muscles have lost activity and your ribs are starting to flare putting pressure on your sternum,

• +1
Reactions: janitormaxxing and iabsolvejordan
i can tell you how to fix costocondritis but i charge a hefty fee blud

• JFL
you have costocondritis blud, this is because of your horrific slouch posture. your weak low/middle trapezius muscles have lost activity and your ribs are starting to flare putting pressure on your sternum,
reading this as i am currently sitting just as you described. over