How to make a Face Puller appliance for @CopeAndRope's Face Puller or For Face Bow

Now I am at Failure #5 (I think). Once again, I couldn't get my bite to close, and in the process of attempting this shaved off too much material causing the device to snap. Now my gums are bleeding from so many test fits and I burred off some skin on my finger.

Absolute ragefuel, but I know what I am doing wrong. I need deeper impression trays so that I can get better impressions of the back of my gums. I also need to 'float' the metal facebow in the acrylic so I can create room between my gums and the arches of the appliance.

If that fails, I am making the Dowden appliance and risking an overbite. I can get BSSO funded by insurance that way.

That is the last of my materials as well. I will order more, but first will ask dentist if he knows any ortho's who do MSE since I am in for teeth cleaning. It's a long shot, but he might take a look for me

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad
Now I am at Failure #5 (I think). Once again, I couldn't get my bite to close, and in the process of attempting this shaved off too much material causing the device to snap. Now my gums are bleeding from so many test fits and I burred off some skin on my finger.

Absolute ragefuel, but I know what I am doing wrong. I need deeper impression trays so that I can get better impressions of the back of my gums. I also need to 'float' the metal facebow in the acrylic so I can create room between my gums and the arches of the appliance.

If that fails, I am making the Dowden appliance and risking an overbite. I can get BSSO funded by insurance that way.

That is the last of my materials as well. I will order more, but first will ask dentist if he knows any ortho's who do MSE since I am in for teeth cleaning. It's a long shot, but he might take a look for me
You can combine the Dowden appliance with the bow puller for no risk of overbite

Waiting for astro the coper to steal the thread

Has anybody here tried to make the appliance with the nail acrylics already? Because it's almost impossible to find the right stuff as a non-dentist in Germany

• +1
Reactions: Luke LLL
Has anybody here tried to make the appliance with the nail acrylics already? Because it's almost impossible to find the right stuff as a non-dentist in Germany
I have added links to buy acrylic (aka autopolimerizable resin) from ebay.co.uk (british ebay). This site ships to germany too
the products are sold in big quantities and monomer+polymer cost 150

• +1
Reactions: sloopnoob and Luke LLL
I have added links to buy acrylic (aka autopolimerizable resin) from ebay.co.uk (british ebay). This site ships to germany too
the products are sold in big quantities and monomer+polymer cost 150
Thanks, but I saw a pic of your setup somewhere where you had the polymer and monomer from DuraLay, is it any good? I found a relatively cheap source from spain which doesn't take ages to ship

@nelson Do you recommend to make the Dowden V2 appliance over the original one for using it with the Bow? Noticed any differences in pressure across the maxilla?

Thanks, but I saw a pic of your setup somewhere where you had the polymer and monomer from DuraLay, is it any good? I found a relatively cheap source from spain which doesn't take ages to ship
Duralay resin (monomer+polymer) is extremely good

• +1
Reactions: NoBonezForMoanz
To be honest i havent builded the facepuller yet . By 3 times ive failed , if i fail another time i will not have enough acrylic to make one again . I also dont have enough money to buy more acrylic

Still waiting for y'all to get results

• +1
Reactions: GoMadAndSTFU
I dont trust the Dowden appliance , its foundamentally flawed by the fact that you need the delaire mask to wear it ,and it prevent the chin ( and lower jaw) to grow forward. @nelson

And also the fact that you cant close your teeth because of the big ass nails , tnh @nelson what went trought your mind when you made this appliance ?

I dont trust the Dowden appliance , its foundamentally flawed by the fact that you need the delaire mask to wear it ,and it prevent the chin ( and lower jaw) to grow forward. @nelson

And also the fact that you cant close your teeth because of the big ass nails , tnh @nelson what went trought your mind when you made this appliance ?
I mean you could technically combine the headstrap with the bow, so no contact with the chin, still sucks that your teeth cannot touch tho

Gonna go for a bimax anyway after having moneymaxxed and facepulled for some time because at 19yo my mandible ain't gonna grow much anymore I guess

the Delaire Mask (also known as facemask or reverse pull headgear) does not only prevent the lower jaw to grow forward, it actually pushes it back, infact it is used by dentists to shorten the lower jaw in underbite patients

• +1
Still waiting for y'all to get results
This night I managed for the first time to wear the facepuller all night.
The appliance I built first was very tight on the gums and made me feel a lot of pain.

in future I will build a new version of facepuller appliance that prevents gums pain and is able to handle much more strength

• +1
@nelson Do you recommend to make the Dowden V2 appliance over the original one for using it with the Bow? Noticed any differences in pressure across the maxilla?
Yes, it applies more pressure to the back of the maxilla, and it is more evenly distributed pressure across the palate.

Mike mew has stated that keeping the teeth sealed can actually prevent CCW rotation. The teeth do not need to be sealed. Also, I agree, the appliance that makes contact with the chin wasn’t the best idea. You can simply replace it with the cope and rope appliance, but you still need the elastic band that pulls upward on the maxilla. You can also replace it with the BOW.

Last edited:
Yes, it applies more pressure to the back of the maxilla, and it is more evenly distributed pressure across the palate.

Mike mew has stated that keeping the teeth sealed can actually prevent CCW rotation. The teeth do not need to be sealed. Also, I agree, the appliance that makes contact with the chin wasn’t the best idea. You can simply replace it with the cope and rope appliance, but you still need the elastic band that pulls upward on the maxilla. You can also replace it with the BOW.

Link ? As far as my knowledge go non sealed teeths may lead to ccw rotation but mike mew also stated that you need to keep your teeths sealed, while, mewing . And honestly , non sealed teeth is thea cause of mouth breathing

Your appliance may push the maxilla forward but , even with the neck brace ( also can you make a drawing because ii dont understand how the neck brace facepuller can work with your device, ) but im pretty sure it will make you finish with a weak ass backward grown jaw

• Hmm...
Link ? As far as my knowledge go non sealed teeths may lead to ccw rotation but mike mew also stated that you need to keep your teeths sealed, while, mewing . And honestly , non sealed teeth is thea cause of mouth breathing

Your appliance may push the maxilla forward but , even with the neck brace ( also can you make a drawing because ii dont understand how the neck brace facepuller can work with your device, ) but im pretty sure it will make you finish with a weak ass backward grown jaw
No, your jaw has a few mm of forward growth being held back, then you need bsso for crazy gains. but most people can get at least 5mm.

No, your jaw has a few mm of forward growth being held back, then you need bsso for crazy gains. but most people can get at least 5mm.

Caged , can you answer my post please

Do I just ask my ortho for an essix retainer? I've had the one that's bad for tongue posture for at least a year

the thread is yours until astro sky steals it.
Good job providing more shit for his youtube channel.
Couldn't you at least write it in google docs and pmed people who deserve it?
Good thread btw.

the thread is yours until astro sky steals it.
Good job providing more shit for his youtube channel.
Couldn't you at least write it in google docs and pmed people who deserve it?
Good thread btw.
I mog ur avi irl

We gotta set up a fight
Alright but i wanna see a pic of u.
I promise i will not show it to anyone nor download it cuz im not gay/faggot.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Marsiere214
Any b4 and after photos yet?

cuz if this works ill invest

Hi guys i want to buy the face bow because i don’t think to be able to build a face puller , but i don’t understand if i need something else to use it

Any updates on this:?

Can i wear this with braces?

Yes this is all theory though and if you are over 15 there’s really no point
I'm already 16 years old, but I'll try anyway, if it goes wrong I'll at least make sure that the only solution is surgery.

• +1
I'm already 16 years old, but I'll try anyway, if it goes wrong I'll at least make sure that the only solution is surgery.
It can’t really go wrong

• +1
Reactions: Cauã
The good old copium nelsons days

You can just wrap 30 elastic bands around your upper palate just above the teeth, and then harness the face puller to that with your pulling elastic bands

Yes this is all theory though and if you are over 15 there’s really no point
how old were you when you tried the facepuller, how long did you use it, what happened ultimately, and also the video in OP is dead--could you direct me to where I can find a video explaining how to make the appliance

lmao he removed the video but I already archived it 2 years ago

Users who are viewing this thread

Back