I didn't wear retainers for a month does it matter?

D

Deleted member 19453

Hentai
I'm planning on wearing them again starting tommorow should I? I wore them at night only for like 5 months then I stopped. I don't think I've done any permanent damage.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: thecel and Nims
I'm planning on wearing them again starting tommorow should I? I wore them at night only for like 5 months then I stopped. I don't think I've done any permanent damage.
Its over 2 years of braces for nothing tbh. Should have worn the retainers its over boyo. :feelsrope:

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 14693
Try to put it on, if it still fits doesn't matter

• +1
Reactions: Nims
Braces won't expand your jaws. The retainer forces your teeth to stay in place. Without force, they will relapse.

• +1
They don't look like they've moved at all is it really over?
Yeah what Beast said above, some peoples teeth don't move very much so you may be one of the lucky ones. I've always worn my retainer, but my brother stopped wearing his and one month later it was as if he never had braces in the first place.

I haven’t worn retainers in 2 years and I have a small diastema in my front teeth but thats it. A tiny gap can be filled by the dentist for a few hundred if it irks you

• Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 19453
Yes (in video game)

Yeah what Beast said above, some peoples teeth don't move very much so you may be one of the lucky ones. I've always worn my retainer, but my brother stopped wearing his and one month later it was as if he never had braces in the first place.
I had my braces on for extra long and my orthodontist told me to only wear them at night so I think I might be lucky.

• +1
If you stop using them, then start then stop. You are literally wiggling your teeth out of the bone. Your making them weak. Perhaps bret weinstein would say you are aging your teeth in a sense. I personally stopped using my retainers and have had some minimal relapse since I have been mewing.

You're raping the roots of your tooth

why are you planning on wearing them again, did your teeth move back to their original positions?

why are you planning on wearing them again, did your teeth move back to their original positions?
My teeth didn't move back to their original position but if I keep not wearing them I think they will

My teeth didn't move back to their original position but if I keep not wearing them I think they will
if its been a month and they havent moved in the slightest you may be in the clear, i havent worn my retainers at all since i got them and my teeth havent moved an inch. although i think it depends how bad your malocclusion was prior to braces

yea i dont think a month will make that big of a difference but then again the most ive ever missed is 2 weeks

@Nims @hamburger
I just tried them on they like 80% fit in, they don't go down all the way but they still go in a pretty good amount

• +1
Reactions: subhuman to mtn