I don't give a fuck about video games anymore

disillusioned

disillusioned

Kraken
Video games worked as a cope during my teen and early adult years, but now that I'm in my 30s there is just nothing novel or interesting about games anymore. I just can't bring myself to give a shit. There's nothing new happening, no new interesting games or genres or concepts, it's all just re-hashed bullshit and remakes and remasters or whatever the fuck. I've experienced everything there is to experience. 90% of my gaming time is now spent on downloading mods for better games from 20-30 years ago. I'd unironically rather just go replay the original Quake with mods than whatever woke garbage is coming out now.

Maybe AI NPCs will make future rpg games more interesting, but I doubt it because it will all be censored and boring af so that the AI npcs don't offend the snowflakes jfl.

Everything is fucking shit and boring now.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: ShowerMaxxing, Bars, Debetro and 3 others
GTA 6 will change gaming

• Ugh..
  • Hmm...
Reactions: XxW33dSm0k3rxX and moreplatesmoreweigh
Video games worked as a cope during my teen and early adult years, but now that I'm in my 30s there is just nothing novel or interesting about games anymore. I just can't bring myself to give a shit. There's nothing new happening, no new interesting games or genres or concepts, it's all just re-hashed bullshit and remakes and remasters or whatever the fuck. I've experienced everything there is to experience. 90% of my gaming time is now spent on downloading mods for better games from 20-30 years ago. I'd unironically rather just go replay the original Quake with mods than whatever woke garbage is coming out now.

Maybe AI NPCs will make future rpg games more interesting, but I doubt it because it will all be censored and boring af so that the AI npcs don't offend the snowflakes jfl.

Everything is fucking shit and boring now.
Pushing 40 and Unc is still here

• +1
Reactions: ShowerMaxxing, watah, halloweed and 1 other person
bed time gramps

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: ShowerMaxxing, watah, piec and 4 others
Unc is finally over gaming :lul: Nigga is late by a decade

• JFL
Reactions: ShowerMaxxing and halloweed
I still play games and I dislike this general idea of "muh woke, muh, games were better back in the days" (first of all, the gaming industry is progressive since it's earliest days, take NES's Metroid back in the 80's, having a female main character, Samus Aran, that was only revealed in the credits was a woke thing back then... same for Resident Evil where the female characters are bad ass and not the fragile princess types, and also where the villains have nazi-like intentions: creating a master race and such, you can't be more woke than that, the thing is.... what was woke yesterday is not seen as woke now, since woke culture has evolved...)...

.. but I admit that my dopamine receptors are burned and I can't focuse on just one game for a long time, that's why I'm having a hard time finishing Haunting Ground (started playing last year, 2023), not because the game is bad (nope, it's great), but because my brain is not the same as it was in my teens, and also because with the excess of information we have nowadays makes it harder to focuse on just one thing.

I started playing games while being high on mephedrone+ketamine, best experience ever