I finally found I surgeon that can give me the mse, the msdo and imdo

Slayerino

Slayerino

PSL 🎱 or 💀
The final price for everything?! $30.000 (braces included). Is this a lot? Is it a good price? I wish copeandrope was still active so I could ask him

Though there's one reaction from the surgeon that scared me because I made a rhetoric question if the zygomatic bones will advance with the maxilla, and he said no, and I was like WTF? So the end result will be a monkey face? He reassured me that it will not be like that. I'm worried honestly.

One thing that I liked though and gave me hope is that it doesn't matter if my face has grown downward like a true sub-human, it all depends on the cut of the bone

@Sergio-OMS Your opinion on this?

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5912, Deleted member 10172 and Deleted member 5143
One thing that I liked though and gave me hope is that it doesn't matter if my face has grown downward like a true sub-human, it all depends on the cut of the bone

what does this mean boyo..i plan to get ccw rotation because i got downward growth AFTER the lateral expansion (mse), how will MSE affect my downward grown maxilla?

are you talking about your mandible surgery?

• Hmm...
Reactions: Entschuldigung
i got downward growth AFTER the lateral expansion (mse)
WTF? How's that even possible? mse should expand only laterally.
Yes, if you're not careful, the angle of the cut of the bone can either improve or ruin you entire face

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Entschuldigung, PenileFacialSurgery, Deleted member 685 and 1 other person
WTF? How's that even possible? mse should expand only laterally.
Yes, if you're not careful, the angle of the cut of the bone can either improve or ruin you entire face

sorry i didnt write it well, you prob misinterpreted it.. i will get both ccw and mse, havent done anything yet.. but my maxilla has downward growth already this is why i need the ccw... i will get mse before the ccw ofc, i will still expand laterally right?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 685
sorry i didnt write it well, you prob misinterpreted it.. i will get both ccw and mse, havent done anything yet.. but my maxilla has downward growth already this is why i need the ccw... i will get mse before the ccw ofc, i will still expand laterally right?
I think ccw maxilla is such an invasive and extreme surgery that is not worth it. If you expand laterally your midface with the mse, your longface will be less visible

I think ccw maxilla is such an invasive and extreme surgery that is not worth it. If you expand laterally your midface with the mse, your longface will be less visible
it is indeed an invasive surgery brother but i dont see any other way that my overbite would get fixed.. i will get a bimax and in order for my new bite to fit i surely need ccw.. besides the functional reason cutting a few mms from my philtrum will help me a lot aswell

it is indeed an invasive surgery brother but i dont see any other way that my overbite would get fixed.. i will get a bimax and in order for my new bite to fit i surely need ccw.. besides the functional reason cutting a few mms from my philtrum will help me a lot aswell
Ok good luck, I hope you ascend

• +1
Reactions: Elias
Ok good luck, I hope you ascend
thanks, i hope the same for you.. but im still curious... does downward maxilla make mse gains any harder? would that make sense or is this a stupid thing to ask? i got a very narrow mouth and palate already, i hope i can get an expansion of a lot mm

thanks, i hope the same for you.. but im still curious... does downward maxilla make mse gains any harder? would that make sense or is this a stupid thing to ask? i got a very narrow mouth and palate already, i hope i can get an expansion of a lot mm
mse doesn't have anything to do with forward/downward growth. The only thing that it does is to expand the maxilla laterally, it doesn't matter which shape or position your maxilla currently is. It will just expand it laterally. But then I read that you also need the msdo to expand (always laterally) the lower jaw to the same width of the maxilla. So are you planning on getting the msdo as well?

mse doesn't have anything to do with forward/downward growth. The only thing that it does is to expand the maxilla laterally, it doesn't matter which shape or position your maxilla currently is. It will just expand it laterally. But then I read that you also need the msdo to expand (always laterally) the lower jaw to the same width of the maxilla. So are you planning on getting the msdo as well?

cool, yes i plan to get them both

The final price for everything?! $30.000 (braces included). Is this a lot? Is it a good price? I wish copeandrope was still active so I could ask him

Though there's one reaction from the surgeon that scared me because I made a rhetoric question if the zygomatic bones will advance with the maxilla, and he said no, and I was like WTF? So the end result will be a monkey face? He reassured me that it will not be like that. I'm worried honestly.
View attachment 249400

View attachment 249487

View attachment 249400

View attachment 249487

Can you PM me?

• +1
Reactions: SLA and MandibularCel
get all the surgery in the world and become gigachad. Meanwhile I will rot and die from cancer in my bedroom

• +1
Reactions: Slayerino
So facepulling would not bring the zygos forwards?

God I hope he misunderstood me, because I need my zygos to follow my maxilla forward.
Yeah me too when I get a facepuller. Can you ask him again please and clarify next time u see him bro I just lost some hope lol

God I hope he misunderstood me, because I need my zygos to follow my maxilla forward.

Wait did you ask him about using a protraction mask or was his response in reference to mse/msdo/imdo?

View attachment 249487

I don’t really understand, what do you mean?
So, you're saying the zygos will not follow the maxilla being pulled by the facepuller?

the facepuller.
How old are you?

I don’t really understand, what do you mean?

How old are you?
Do you think the angle of the cut in the imdo procedure can stil be vertical even though your mandible has grown downward as in the photo?

I'm in my mid thirties.

The angle of the cut HAS TO be parallel to the roots of the molars. This implies that it’s not vertical, it is perpendicular to the axis of the body of the mandible.

The cut isn’t done where you have indicated in the diagram, but between the first and second molars.

The result is very much influenced by the distractors used, the instruments and the management of the pre-op orthodontics and post-op care.
Do you think the angle of the cut in the imdo procedure can stil be vertical even though your mandible has grown downward as in the photo?

I'm in my mid thirties.
Oh I forgot, at 35 ish forget about facepulling

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, Deleted member 5385, Gaia262 and 2 others
which doc bro?

Are you kidding me? I would understand "give up about mewing in your mid 30s" but facepulling? Where you can apply much higher forces than a single tongue could never reach?

So, you're saying the zygos will not follow the maxilla being pulled by the facepuller?

the facepuller.
MSE on its own should allow anterior and lateral protrusion of the zygos. Only purpose of the FP is to promote upward growth. I've done morphs of myself and I would benefit from the expansion and forward growth, but upward growth would make my midface too compact.

The angle of the cut HAS TO be parallel to the roots of the molars. This implies that it’s not vertical, it is perpendicular to the axis of the body of the mandible.

The cut isn’t done where you have indicated in the diagram, but between the first and second molars.

The result is very much influenced by the distractors used, the instruments and the management of the pre-op orthodontics and post-op care.

what about at 17-18 for facemask?

what about at 17-18 for facemask?

Much better age than 35

It can work well along with MSE, and especially well if we add plates screwed to the chin, so that we produce a constant pulling force.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: AscendingHero, Gaia262 and curryslayerordeath
Much better age than 35

It can work well along with MSE, and especially well if we add plates screwed to the chin, so that we produce a constant pulling force.

Wdym by plates screwed to the chin?

Better effect, 24/7 pulling. Fasemask can be added to that as well

• +1
Reactions: Gaia262
Better effect, 24/7 pulling. Fasemask can be added to that as well
Como le pregunto a mi ortodoncista que me instalaria mse sobre las placas atornilladas a la barbilla o sobre la facemask? Tengo miedo de instalar mse y no aprovechar otros procedimientos.

Tell him that you read about it. It is not a secret.

It is called intraoral protraction with skeletal anchorage. Some orthodontists that do not want their patients to have those plates installed (or patients that prefer a less aggressive option) use just only two screws instead of plates.

• +1
Reactions: Gaia262
i'm in the same boat, my midface is already too compact which is a halo in itself but i don't have ideal zygo prominence (which i would like), also my skull is on the smallish side so I'm concerned about mse making it look smaller.
Ye, my zygos are non-existent. How's your lower third?

So in the appointment with my orthodontist what should i say so he can give me the facepuller?

I suppose that is the idea... but use the nouns protraction facemask or reverse headgear.

My guess is that the most plausible outcome of that first visit (or visits) to the orthodontist is that you won't get it done unless the orthodontist either a) has some experience on doing that or b) feels reassured about the fact that you are realistic and know the risk of failure and the limited facial results of this treatment.

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: Gaia262 and noped
Can't pallate expansion happen through a 3 piece lefort 1. yes more invasive but would do the job no? I admit, I'm sure MSE plus IMDO? would probably produce a better result overall than anything else. If I could find a surgeo for a good enough price that could do it in 30-40 days. I would highly consider it, but I do have some asymmetry which maybe only a Jaw surgery could fix or maybe IMDO would be better? I'm in the united states BTW. my double jaw is estimated with all expenses (not flight and hotel) at $30k

Last edited:
Can't pallate expansion happen through a 3 piece lefort 1. yes more invasive but would do the job no? I admit, I'm sure MSE plus IMDO? would probably produce a better result overall than anything else. If I could find a surgeo for a good enough price that could do it in 30-40 days. I would highly consider it, but I do have some asymmetry which maybe only a Jaw surgery could fix or maybe IMDO would be better? I'm in the united states BTW. my double jaw is estimated with all expenses (not flight and hotel) at $30k
I'm not doing IMDO anymore, I'll do a bimax insead. Yes, you can achieve palate expansion with a 3 piece lf1, but it will not move all the other bones around as the mse would do with the zygos and ipd, plus I don't want to cut my upper jaw so many times.

understandable.

What is imdo?

View attachment 249400

View attachment 249487
are u still alive