i hate "youtubers"

incel194012940

incel194012940

Kraken
obviously everyone watches youtube videos but no one who would seriously call themselves a "youtuber" has ever made anything worth watching after maybe 2017.

video essays are the definition of a midwit activity and waste of time, it kind of activates your brain with information but none of it has anything resembling a use and chances are you will neither remember enough to ever discuss it nor have an oppurtunity to talk about the hour+ video on X. Also most of them have very cringe voices and senses of humor that make me want punch them. You could have watched lecture/tutorial in something for the same intellectual itch.

vlogs are either some obnoxious jestermaxxer/soy SJW or just narcy chad going outside. Along with lets plays/reactions, it's a sad activity that shows you have no real social oppurtunities and have to resort to the sludge drip parasocial relationship

in 99%+ of cases a youtuber is focused around a certain small topic/niche, they will either make video essays (see above) or have the novelty of their content drop to 0 as the demand for weekly uploads rapidly exhausts anything they have to say. There is no better demonstration of the 80-20/99-1 rule, they will probably have 100s of videos approaching subject from every conceivable angle, when everything worth knowing would fill up about 2 videos and a tik tok.

if you take the internet celebrities drama, fights, etc seriously you need to get euthanized ASAP.

• +1
Reactions: BrahminBoss
These are the few types of video essays I like. Some YouTube poops are funny esp if a bit high , a few old sam hyde videos were good . interviews w directors or that YouTube channel having archives of thinkers ( intellect archive or whatever it’s called ). But yea 99 percent is a waste of time , some word babble people need when they’re downing their slop

• +1
Reactions: incel194012940
These are the few types of video essays I like. Some YouTube poops are funny esp if a bit high , a few old sam hyde videos were good . interviews w directors or that YouTube channel having archives of thinkers ( intellect archive or whatever it’s called ). But yea 99 percent is a waste of time , some word babble people need when they’re downing their slop
that's what i mean, only some in the first category would call themselves "youtubers" or connected to that culture, sam hyde would want to pulverize you if you called him that word. regular consumption of that kind of stuff is noticeable in people's linguistic patterns and not in a good way

• +1
Reactions: BrahminBoss