I still can't get visual differences between Collagen vs Elastin effects on facial skin

Soalian

Soalian

Kraken
like I get the differential roles of the two components collagen and elastin in skin,

but I cannot tell, visually on someone's facial skin, what's part of elastin, or collagen so to speak, it's hard to find illustrative examples, because most people who have good collagen ALSO have good elastin (and vice-versa), and aging skin often is concurrent loss of collagen an elastin, to a certain degree as well,

as a result when I see a good skin, or bad skin on someone, I cannot tell visually what the respective roles of good collagen (or collagen loss), and/or good elastin (or elastin loss) in it is, so to speak, because they often act in tandem in skin.

But it's useful to know which does what visually in the aging process, so we can specify further treatments aimed at addressing collagen and/or elastin loss.

Like would you have examples with pics, anything to help me get it better?

Thanks.

• +1
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS, cumbutamoren and Danish_Retard
You can't do shit about elastin loss other than sunscreen. So just wear sunscreen man...

You can see it in older people with great collagen from retinoids, their skin may be glowing but it doesn't look as tight, and that isn't just fat pads, that's elastin loss.

• +1
Reactions: Elvisandreaa, Deleted member 20565, PURE ARYAN GENETICS and 3 others
No pictures no care, muh elastin and shit

No pictures no care, muh elastin and shit
but yeah that's the point, I don't know what elastin is supposed to do (visually) in the skin and picture it visually

like I get the differential roles of the two components collagen and elastin in skin,

but I cannot tell, visually on someone's facial skin, what's part of elastin, or collagen so to speak, it's hard to find illustrative examples, because most people who have good collagen ALSO have good elastin (and vice-versa), and aging skin often is concurrent loss of collagen an elastin, to a certain degree as well,

as a result when I see a good skin, or bad skin on someone, I cannot tell visually what the respective roles of good collagen (or collagen loss), and/or good elastin (or elastin loss) in it is, so to speak, because they often act in tandem in skin.

But it's useful to know which does what visually in the aging process, so we can specify further treatments aimed at addressing collagen and/or elastin loss.

Thanks.
Yea imagine clint Eastwood skin softer and more bulbous but with wrinkles that'd be high collagen low elastin Delon has both high collagen and elastin. It's very rare someone has high collagen low elastin tho.

i believe this is low elastin. her skin looks good but she looks old as shit

• +1
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS, Soalian and A23ghskung
Low collagen and elastin covered by a little makeup.
no she has good collagen. shes only like 16 years old but has a condition that makes her skin not have any elastin

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: A23ghskung, eyebagcel, Melo95 and 1 other person
I'm more than willing to try to fix elastin production in skin!

Because i have natural wrinkly face due to slav genetics (I was only 14 years old in the picture), i am 19 now

Screenshot 20220720 012011 WhatsApp

I assume collagen is smoothness elastin is tightness but idk :feelshmm:

bump, anyone got pics to show the difference here ?

Thanks.
You can't do shit about elastin loss other than sunscreen. So just wear sunscreen man...

You can see it in older people with great collagen from retinoids, their skin may be glowing but it doesn't look as tight, and that isn't just fat pads, that's elastin loss.
is this collagen loss or elastin loss? 1 year diff