I will have an attractive palate assuming my ortho follows this plan

6ft4

Kraken
Here's my palate at the start

Here is how it should look by week 25. I'm currently on week 11

My intermolar width for week 25 seems to be about 43mm measured from the middle of second molar
Is this decent?
I will likely be using invisalign for 50+ weeks so I could end up with even more width depending on the plan but it's not available yet

Here's how my bite should look by week 25

The current plan is lefort without moving the mandible. Based on how far behind my upper molars are relative to my lower molars, how many mm of advancement do you think can be afforded to give me a proper occlusion?
According to the grid it easily looks like 5mm to me but maybe there's something I'm not considering

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: ChristianChad and Pupur
looks good man but how muchd oes this change a face? seems not much difference to me

• +1
Reactions: Acromegaly_Chad and currylightskin
looks good man but how muchd oes this change a face? seems not much difference to me
orthodontics are to prepare me for surgery, surgery is what changes the face
Getting a better arch will make my smile better though
The smilepill can't be ignored in 2022

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 17829 and NegativeNorwood
So your ortho goes for invisalign instead of braces? Isnt that quite uncommon?

• +1
Reactions: Moldovancel
So your ortho goes for invisalign instead of braces? Isnt that quite uncommon?
Not a concern of mine if it is
Any thoughts related to the relationship between my upper and lower molars and how many mm of maxilla advancement it should afford me?

inter molar width is a useless metric. Even won moon doesn't go by this when planning his expansions. Dental complications such as tipping can distort this metric HARD and give false guidelines for expansion. He goes instead by bony relationships.

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad
Why invisalign and not braces?

And is it your ortho who suggested Lf1 or you went to a maxfac and he sent you to an ortho before doing lf1?

Last edited:
Why invisalign and not braces?
that's what was suggested because they can move the teeth more precisely on a weekly basis
And is it your ortho who suggested Lf1 or you went to a maxfac and he sent you to an ortho before doing lf1?
went to maxfac first who sent me to ortho

• +1
Reactions: Moldovancel