If anyone ever guarantees surgical results they are a liar

RealSurgerymax

RealSurgerymax

From .net
Contributor
Over-promising is a fatal mistake.

The only thing you can do is ask to see results and if they have good results (which they can prove are actually theirs) then you have a much better chance of a great result, but still never guaranteed…

If everyone could just sue or get a refund when they didn’t like their results there would be no doctors.

The administrators and business people in healthcare would like to imagine patient care = customer service. But unpredictable biological healing and psychological satisfaction aren’t as simple as retail and food service.

• +1
Reactions: angelo, Pagnonisavemyeyes, poopoohead and 17 others

The only thing you can do is ask to see results and if they have good results (which they can prove are actually theirs) then you have a much better chance of a great result, but still never guaranteed…

If everyone could just sue or get a refund when they didn’t like their results there would be no doctors.

The administrators and business people in healthcare would like to imagine patient care = customer service. But unpredictable biological healing and psychological satisfaction aren’t as simple as retail and food service.
Agreed. Surgery can always go wrong. And many people, especially the users here, have very unrealistic expectations from surgeries.

• +1
Reactions: Yerico7, Deleted member 18840, Prince88 and 4 others
Over for my delusions of ascending through finger lengthening surgery

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: rdqs, Deleted member 15854, Deleted member 20631 and 8 others
Sure but almost everybody can move up 1psl point from surgery

• +1
Reactions: RealSurgerymax
It's also a matter of effort on the surgeon's end. If you tell the doctor you are a student, then he will have little to no reason to put effort and avoid a poor result. If you tell them you are an attorney, then I doubt they will be as careless. I don't think it's a coincidence almost every plastic surgeon asks you for your occupation.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Yerico7, Eren and BugeyeBigNoseCurry
It's also a matter of effort on the surgeon's end. If you tell the doctor you are a student, then he will have little to no reason to put effort and avoid a poor result. If you tell them you are an attorney, then I doubt they will be as careless. I don't think it's a coincidence almost every plastic surgeon asks you for your occupation.
Well, work and expertise cost money. They definitely want to make sure you can not only afford the surgery but also afford to be able to take off work for the necessary time. For example if someone says they are a construction worker the first concern is that they won’t be able to take off for the time necessary and then go out pushing it doing manual labor before recovered and messing up the result.

• +1
Reactions: Daniel Plainview, ChristianChad and NegativeNorwood
Sure but almost everybody can move up 1psl point from surgery
No. Not everyone. Some people can be stuck at 3 PSL due to bad ratios, no harmony, shit skull shape, shit pheno etc.

No. Not everyone. Some people can be stuck at 3 PSL due to bad ratios, no harmony, shit skull shape, shit pheno etc.
From limited Implants yes, not everyone can ascend from implants. But there’s a solution for almost every problem… just many people won’t ever realistically be able to get specialty osteotomies.

And then there’s a risk the surgery doesn’t go well (the point of this thread)

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad, mvp2v1, NegativeNorwood and 2 others
From limited Implants yes, not everyone can ascend from implants. But there’s a solution for almost every problem… just many people won’t ever realistically be able to get specialty osteotomies
Most of those specialty osteotomies are completely unproven. I have seen CosmicMaxxer's face (he got OBO) and his eye spacing has been fucked even though his ES ratio looks better. Surgeries to change one ratio can have an impact on other ratios and your overall facial harmony in a way that makes you look worse.

• +1
Reactions: mvp2v1 and RealSurgerymax
From limited Implants yes, not everyone can ascend from implants. But there’s a solution for almost every problem… just many people won’t ever realistically be able to get specialty osteotomies.

And then there’s a risk the surgery doesn’t go well (the point of this thread)
I do think it is theoretically possible for an ugly or average looking dude to become gl but most ugly/average people will never have the money or willpower to get the surgeries they need and even if they do, they won't get lucky enough for the end result to be harmonious and natural looking.

• +1
Most of those specialty osteotomies are completely unproven. I have seen CosmicMaxxer's face (he got OBO) and his eye spacing has been fucked even though his ES ratio looks better. Surgeries to change one ratio can have an impact on other ratios and your overall facial harmony in a way that makes you look worse.
Problem is there’s a few people who are experts in craniofacial syndrome surgery but not aesthetics. Some people (still not many) are experts in aesthetics but not surgery. These osteotomies have to be modified from the syndrome versions.

I do think it is theoretically possible for an ugly or average looking dude to become gl but most ugly/average people will never have the money or willpower to get the surgeries they need and even if they do, they won't get lucky enough for the end result to be harmonious and natural looking.
I agree

• +1
Reactions: mvp2v1 and NegativeNorwood
When will you start operating?

what about a surgery like bimax

is it common for bimax botch

• +1
Reactions: Mr.Proper
Well, work and expertise cost money. They definitely want to make sure you can not only afford the surgery but also afford to be able to take off work for the necessary time. For example if someone says they are a construction worker the first concern is that they won’t be able to take off for the time necessary and then go out pushing it doing manual labor before recovered and messing up the result.

Tbh I always assumed that the reason they ask for your occupation is to determine how much they can get away with charging. If a cashier goes in for consultation for a bimax and a hedge fund manager goes in for a consultation for the same procedure, I'm guessing that they tag on an extra few thousand to their standard quote for the second dude.

I mean, there's one surgery god who's known for charging foreigners substantially more than people from his own country. Presumably that's cos he knows that if you are hopping on flights and travelling to see him specifically, you will be more willing to pay a higher figure than someone who just travelled to their local surgeon. Same thing with occupations I'd imagine.

• +1
Reactions: Mr.Proper
Over for my delusions of ascending through finger lengthening surgery
If you have the time u can finger lengthen by hanging weights form your fingers.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15854

How do you manage patient‘s expectations without losing out on business? I feel like a lot of surgeons tend to over-sell their clients in order to extract the most money possible out of them, instead of refusing to do unnecessary operation.

• +1
Reactions: Tobias Fünke
How do you manage patient‘s expectations without losing out on business? I feel like a lot of surgeons tend to over-sell their clients in order to extract the most money possible out of them, instead of refusing to do unnecessary operation.
Well, they have to. What if they told every long midfacecel or IPDcel that they are fucked and nothing can help them? They would quickly go out of business.

• +1
Reactions: Corleone
Well, they have to. What if they told every long midfacecel or IPDcel that they are fucked and nothing can help them? They would quickly go out of business.
reject subhumans for optimal before-and-after picture output

The more the less. Enough said

• +1
Do you think you will be a chad after your surgeries.
No way, I hope to be weak chadlite facially then my body and height will get me a good SMV

Problem is there’s a few people who are experts in craniofacial syndrome surgery but not aesthetics. Some people (still not many) are experts in aesthetics but not surgery. These osteotomies have to be modified from the syndrome versions.

I agree
what's your consensus on dr.coceancig?

• +1
Reactions: BugeyeBigNoseCurry
The truth is simple:

No surgical outcome is guaranteed.

There, done, close the thread.

• +1
Agree with u