If fasting increases HGH then why do people say a caloric deficit can stunt growth?

0hMan

0hMan

germano-gaelic gaunche - modcel
Staff
Title. I see people on this forum telling people to just stuff their faces w/ food and stay far away from fasting if they're going thru puberty to maintain growth, why is that if fasting increases HGH by a buttfuck ton? I understand the diff between a simple caloric deficit and full on water fasting, but why?

3178957_3173705_2264125_0qgihehisl151.jpg

• JFL
Reactions: fjor2096, zipzam, 0hMan and 2 others
Title. I see people on this forum telling people to just stuff their faces w/ food and stay far away from fasting if they're going thru puberty to maintain growth, why is that if fasting increases HGH by a buttfuck ton? I understand the diff between a simple caloric deficit and full on water fasting, but why?
food provides nutrients required to grow

It increases HGH but reduces your igf-1, which is what is actually important to grow.

• +1
Reactions: 0hMan
HGH increases but only for burning fat. That extra HGH don't help you grow taller or slows aging. I don't know the mechanism behind it but i heard this from a doctor.

You know what else increases HGH? Genetics, maybe you should have thought about that before being born in an utter shithole.