If you are not using Taz instead of Tret you are not looksmaxing

Tai Lung

Tai Lung

Taz brutually mogs normal 1st gen tret. It is way more potent, and way less irritating. Imagine still coping with 0.025 retin-a indian cream when there is stuff like 0.1% Tazaroten

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 49130, LooksThinker, thereallegend and 2 others
Taz brutually mogs normal 1st gen tret. It is way more potent, and way less irritating. Imagine still coping witgh 0.025 retin-a indian cream when there is stuff like 0.1% Tazaroten
How 2 get

ok im switching

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Pepe, Rimaxtis, Tr0ubLe and 2 others
i need laser anyway for my left cheek scars and a small scar on my nose. Laser will also remove my tan so I can retan to light brown instead of medium brown and reduce my alar base thickness

• +1
Reactions: Delikate2900 and Tai Lung
i need laser anyway for my left cheek scars and a small scar on my nose. Laser will also remove my tan so I can retan to light brown instead of medium brown and reduce my alar base thickness
i only got purple spots, it should fade away faster with taz

whats the point of usiing either i don't understand. Are they just used for acne??

• Ugh..
Reactions: Dicktator
  • +1
  • Woah
  • Hmm...
Reactions: EverythingMattersCel, Dicktator, zharupodrugu and 2 others
Is tazaroten better than 0.1% tret? Ive been using 0.1% tret with no issues

• +1
Reactions: RAITEIII
Is tazaroten better than 0.1% tret? Ive been using 0.1% tret with no issues
yes its more potent and less irritating/drying

• +1
Reactions: prag and andy9432
  • +1
Reactions: andy9432 and schitzowarrior40
yes its more potent and less irritating/drying
Thanks, will ask my doc to prescribe me Tazorac instead of Tretinoin once my tube is used up. Is Tazorac more expensive?

• +1
Reactions: prag
Thanks, will ask my doc to prescribe me Tazorac instead of Tretinoin once my tube is used up. Is Tazorac more expensive?
a bit yes, i use zorante brand which is on the expensive side kinda.

• +1
Reactions: andy9432
way less irritating
JFL.

"Although Tazarotene is stronger than Tretinoin, it is also has a higher risk of side effects. The most common problem people experience whilst using Tazarotene is skin irritation. This is usually more severe than with Tretinoin. It may require stopping the Tazarotene or reducing the dose and frequency so that the skin can tolerate it. For some people, they may not be able to tolerate Tazarotene even at lower doses. Instead they may have to switch to Tretinoin or even an over the counter retinoid." https://cityskinclinic.com/tazarotene-or-tretinoin/

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard
you can keep coping posting this nonsense or you can actually try it yourself, my skin reacted way worse to 0.025 tret than 0.1% taz

• +1
Reactions: 6′2 still over
you can keep coping posting this nonsense or you can actually try it yourself, my skin reacted way worse to 0.025 tret than 0.1% taz
Show proof

Everyone's skin reacts differently retard, just because something happened to you doesn't mean it will happen to everyone. The majority agree tret is not as aggressive as taz. Taz is literally the strongest retinoid you can buy lol, so no duh it's going to work faster. Doesn't mean both won't achieve the exact same thing.

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard
Everyone's skin reacts differently retard, just because something happened to you doesn't mean it will happen to everyone. The majority agree tret is not as aggressive as taz. Taz is literally the strongest retinoid you can buy lol, so no duh it's going to work faster. Doesn't mean both won't achieve the exact same thing.
majority agrees oppositely

• +1
Reactions: 6′2 still over
if you are not eating raw meat you are not looksmaxxing

• Ugh..
tret works on all receptors equally taz is more selective beta and gamma, while tret gets them and alpha. You will see faster result with taz for acne and antiaging but tret still mogs it when it comes to long term use (tret is considered 2x stronger when it comes to longer term use).

If you just want to get rid of acne fast and dont care about long term use then taz is better

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard, HTN_Mentalcel, Yerico7 and 1 other person
tret works on all receptors equally taz is more selective beta and gamma, while tret gets them and alpha. You will see faster result with taz for acne and antiaging but tret still mogs it when it comes to long term use (tret is considered 2x stronger when it comes to longer term use).

If you just want to get rid of acne fast and dont care about long term use then taz is better
I was going to bring up this exact point. Tret still mogs in the long run and is more accessible, so just stick to Tret.

• +1
Reactions: Yerico7 and Deleted member 49130
probably because you used tret before taz. Your skin would have already been sensitised to retinoids. my skin reacted horribly (flaking, scarring, pigmentation for a week) to adaplane, which is one of the weakest retinoids, but when I switched to tret I only had a day or two of slight dryness before it went away.

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard and Tai Lung

both works on all three

probably because you used tret before taz. Your skin would have already been sensitised to retinoids. my skin reacted horribly (flaking, scarring, pigmentation for a week) to adaplane, which is one of the weakest retinoids, but when I switched to tret I only had a day or two of slight dryness before it went away.
i switch from 0,025 retin a to 0.5% altreno lotion tret to taz 0.1 in 3 months

both works on all three
tretinoin isnt selective to any retionoid receptors, it hits all of them equally, tazarotene is highly selective to beta and gamma, so it has less activity against alpha receptors compared to tretinoin. tretinoin has less activtiy on beta and gamma, but in studies its found over long term use tretinoin is more effective (1 year scale), wheras for shorter term use tazarotene is better.

i switch from 0,025 retin a to 0.5% altreno lotion tret to taz 0.1 in 3 months
yeah your skin was already sensitised to retinoids thats why you didnt have many side effects when switching to taz

tretinoin isnt selective to any retionoid receptors, it hits all of them equally, tazarotene is highly selective to beta and gamma, so it has less activity against alpha receptors compared to tretinoin. tretinoin has less activtiy on beta and gamma, but in studies its found over long term use tretinoin is more effective (1 year scale), wheras for shorter term use tazarotene is better.

yeah your skin was already sensitised to retinoids thats why you didnt have many side effects when switching to taz
id still say altreno is better for people with goodnskin already who are looking for antiaging only since it hydrates the skin, but overrall taz mogs so hard since most people are experiencing some sort of acne, acne could come back when switching back from taz to tret though.

i bought taz 0.5% on the internet from boderm and it's soo soothing compared to tret

• +1
Reactions: andy9432 and Tai Lung
  • Woah
  • +1
Reactions: okwiwhd and BrahminBoss
i bought taz 0.5% on the internet from boderm and it's soo soothing compared to tret
noticed any difference in skin quality etc?

• +1
Reactions: polishcel
noticed any difference in skin quality etc?
not yet i just started using it
i expected that my skin is going to get dry, flaky etc like with tret but it was the opposite

• +1
Reactions: andy9432
not yet i just started using it
i expected that my skin is going to get dry, flaky etc like with tret but it was the opposite
ive used 0.1% tret for 18 months, fully used to it, is there any point switching to taz then, if my skin tolerates 0.1% tret?

• +1
Reactions: Tai Lung
Do laser resurfacing make you look more younger ?

Why is this the first time I heard about this wtf

Isn’t tret bad? It causes cel division making it unideal in the long run.
I thought all retinoids worked through the same mechanism. They increase cell turnover

I thought all retinoids worked through the same mechanism. They increase cell turnover
Your skin can only turnover about 50 times in your lifetime, speeding that up decreases longevity

• Ugh..
  • JFL
Reactions: Dicktator and BrahminBoss
I also think it destroys elastin, which is why people in there 30’s who use it have an unhealthy look

• Hmm...
Reactions: BrahminBoss
Taz brutually mogs normal 1st gen tret. It is way more potent, and way less irritating. Imagine still coping with 0.025 retin-a indian cream when there is stuff like 0.1% Tazaroten
Does this have any risks?

Holy fuck this is insane than u man only problem is its impossible to get in Canada

ive used 0.1% tret for 18 months, fully used to it, is there any point switching to taz then, if my skin tolerates 0.1% tret?
i browsed on reddit and people say it's more effective:
if you run out of tret it's worth a try

• +1
Reactions: andy9432 and Tai Lung
and way less irritating.
it's more irritating.

Tazarotene cream appears to work more quickly than tretinoin cream in patients with photodamaged skin, according to results of a clinical study conducted in 349 patients by Kang, Leyden, and colleagues (2001) this was referenced in “Retinoids in the treatment of skin aging: an overview of clinical efficacy and safety” by Mukherjee S, Date A and colleagues (2006). However, at the end of the 24 week study there was no difference in overall improvement between the two treatment groups. Application of tazarotene 0.1% cream and tretinoin 0.05% cream resulted in a similar degree of improvement in the following areas:

• Epidermal thickness
  • Fine wrinkling
  • Lentigines (liver spots)
  • Elastosis- degenerative changes in dermal tissue associated with increased elastin deposition
  • Mottled hyperpigmentation
The study compared four strengths of tazarotene (0.01%, 0.025%, 0.05%, and 0.1%) with tretinoin 0.05% cream and found that side effects, such as burning, were more common in the tazarotene-treated groups, especially when the higher-strength tazarotene cream was applied. However, side effects were generally of mild-to-moderate severity in both groups.

In a different study referenced in “Retinoids in the treatment of skin aging: an overview of clinical efficacy and safety” by Mukherjee S, Date A and colleagues (2006), which had 173 patients showed tazarotene 0.1% produced results more quickly than tretinoin 0.05% cream in patients with photodamaged facial skin. Tazarotene was found to better than tretinoin after overall integrated assessment for:

• photodamage at week 16
  • fine wrinkling at week 24
  • mottled hyperpigmentation at weeks 12 and 16
  • coarse wrinkling at week 4.
There were no significant differences between tazarotene 0.1% cream and tretinoin 0.05% emollient cream in patients achieving at least a 1-grade improvement in:

• irregular depigmentation
  • lentigines
  • appearance of pore size
  • elastosis
  • tactile roughness
  • telangiectasia and
  • actinic keratoses.
This study also found that side effects such as burning were more common in the tazarotene-treated group, but only during the first weeks of treatment.

• +1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back