If you're purging on tretinoin, you're doing it wrong

Anomaly

Anomaly

Zephir
Don't fucking start with 7 times a week on tretinoin you retards. Instead, do once a week first, and then slowly move up to multiple times. I personally only do 3 times a week, after months and without any intention to go up in the future, and just increase the amount a little bit.
Don't fucking start with a concentration higher than 0.05%, the lowest one is fine for a couple of months.
Use a small amount. I only put a negligible portion on my face, much less than a pea, and still had great results.
If you experience a purge, you just wrecked your skin barrier by using an extremely irritating agent in a ridiculous amount.
Purges aren't supposed to happen.

• +1
Reactions: thereallegend, PURE ARYAN GENETICS, Deleted member 11134 and 1 other person
Not everyone's skin is the same. Some guy here started with 0.1% retin-a every day and he doesn't moisturize. Still has no issues with his skin, while some people here have super flaky skin applying 0.025% retin-a twice a week with heavy moisturizing.

There is no "correct" way to do it. You're either lucky or you aren't.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: niqfan625, Abu Based, alriodai and 6 others
Not everyone's skin is the same. Some guy here started with 0.1% retin-a every day and he doesn't moisturize. Still has no issues with his skin, while some people here have super flaky skin applying 0.025% retin-a twice a week with heavy moisturizing.

Right, but still no reason to unnecessarily nuke your skin. It doesn't go faster guys, have some patience.

• +1
Reactions: thereallegend and PURE ARYAN GENETICS
This chick has a cool personality. Girlfriend goals tbh

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Yerico7, thereallegend, wateriswet and 1 other person
I did it the wrong way (using every day from the start, "pushing through purging phase") and it caused perioral dermatitis that is persistant since more than a year

so be careful

• JFL
  • So Sad
  • Woah
Reactions: thereallegend, PURE ARYAN GENETICS, AlexBrown84 and 4 others
Lil faggot

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: AlexBrown84 and lcberg04

Yea tough warrior skin can take even 3 % tret. This guy is feminine and wants to impose his effeminacy on this forum

ive been using tret 0.05% for a full year. Still have some skin peeling of and still have acne. Its over rated imo.

• Hmm...
Reactions: Yerico7
ive been using tret 0.05% for a full year. Still have some skin peeling of and still have acne. Its over rated imo.
In my experience it helps in cell turnover rate, effectively fighting acne, but it can't prevent new acne from developing. Meaning, if a new pimple forms, it WILL be there. It will go away faster with retin-a but it will still form.
Atleast that's my experience.

• +1
Reactions: thereallegend and Deleted member 15827
In my experience it helps in cell turnover rate, effectively fighting acne, but it can't prevent new acne from developing. Meaning, if a new pimple forms, it WILL be there. It will go away faster with retin-a but it will still form.
Atleast that's my experience.
Also my skin doesnt look any younger or any better than before. Afyer a full year of tret every day.. Im gonna hop on isotretinoin soon.

• JFL
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Yerico7, thereallegend and AlexBrown84

As much I hate vitamin a topicals it’s impossible to deny the cosmetic skin benefits it gives.

Your product is probably not working bc it was stored in a very hot climate maybe during shipping.

Or did you have it prescribed ?

• +1
Reactions: Yerico7 and AscendingHero
@RabidRosaries how did you voicemaxx ?

As much I hate vitamin a topicals it’s impossible to deny the cosmetic skin benefits it gives.

Your product is probably not working bc it was stored in a very hot climate maybe during shipping.

Or did you have it prescribed ?
prescribed by my docter. The real stuff.. How many people do you know that actually had a decent benefit from tretinoin? all these influencers talking about it use make-up. And all the guys on this forum havent used it long. I have used it for more than a year and my skin sees zero benefits. Maybe it works for certain skin types. But not for my white/european skin.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Schizoidcel, thereallegend, lonelycurry and 1 other person
prescribed by my docter. The real stuff.. How many people do you know that actually had a decent benefit from tretinoin? all these influencers talking about it use make-up. And all the guys on this forum havent used it long. I have used it for more than a year and my skin sees zero benefits. Maybe it works for certain skin types. But not for my white/european skin.
See my thread saw benefits in three months

• +1
Reactions: currylightskin

I was seeing great skin benefits 8 months in but I didn’t like how it made my skin look thicker and I believe it reduced some hollowness due to thickening the dermis.

So I ditched it also bc I was getting sides from hypervitaminosis a bc I used a lot everyday

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero and currylightskin
I was seeing great skin benefits 8 months in but I didn’t like how it made my skin look thicker and I believe it reduced some hollowness due to thickening the dermis.

So I ditched it also bc I was getting sides from hypervitaminosis a bc I used a lot everyday
:eek: I thought it does the exact opposite and makes the skin thinner and therefore reduces the thickness? :feelswah:

:eek: I thought it does the exact opposite and makes the skin thinner and therefore reduces the thickness? :feelswah:

You’re half right. It makes the epidermis thinner (outer layer of skin) but makes the dermis (second layer of skin) thicker.

But since the dermis has more volume and is much bigger than epidermis. Tret essentially makes the inner skin much more thicker. And reduces hollowness in people.

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: AscendingHero and bogii
You’re half right. It makes the epidermis thinner (outer layer of skin) but makes the dermis (second layer of skin) thicker.

But since the dermis has more volume and is much bigger than epidermis. Tret essentially makes the inner skin much more thicker. And reduces hollowness in people.
is there anything to counteract this? because I naturally have more buccal fat and if this makes me more chubby it's more then over for me

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16834
is there anything to counteract this? because I naturally have more buccal fat and if this makes me more chubby it's more then over for me

Use the lowest concentration .25% twice a week. Should be fine.

• +1
Reactions: bogii
Don't fucking start with 7 times a week on tretinoin you retards. Instead, do once a week first, and then slowly move up to multiple times. I personally only do 3 times a week, after months and without any intention to go up in the future, and just increase the amount a little bit.
Don't fucking start with a concentration higher than 0.05%, the lowest one is fine for a couple of months.
Use a small amount. I only put a negligible portion on my face, much less than a pea, and still had great results.
If you experience a purge, you just wrecked your skin barrier by using an extremely irritating agent in a ridiculous amount.

eh. I use retinol and im not experiencing a purge.

Good read of a thread, I enjoyed it.

If your only goal is to increase collagen, you’re better off getting professional microneedling done and maybe red light therapy but haven’t tried it yet. Will look for a place in Bangkok next week

• +1
Reactions: Toth's thot
Here’s my skin after infrequently using tret .1 over the past few months. Albeit I’ve done a lot of other stuff to improve my skin

I don’t think they ready

I push foreigns like they chevys

This moncler I got on heavy

#heavy

Coloring that rolls Royce truck

Ain’t nobody fly as us

And you know I got it tucked

Attachments

• FD5374C5-B70D-4D3B-9BC0-19945E325CA1.jpeg
    FD5374C5-B70D-4D3B-9BC0-19945E325CA1.jpeg
    486.9 KB · Views: 0
  • D540B974-8E2D-4CD2-BDD3-50682D369415.jpeg
    D540B974-8E2D-4CD2-BDD3-50682D369415.jpeg
    509.2 KB · Views: 0
  • +1
Reactions: Toth's thot
I have been using for 7 weeks and I like it a lot :owo: 0.025% once a week

@AlexBrown84 how was your trip to egypt ?

Cope I use tret every day with moisturizer and no purges yet. Using it once a week makes it less effective and is retarded.

Not using enough moisturizer and sunscreen.

• +1
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS