I'm having trouble grasping empathy.

Einon

Einon

Norwoodmatched with b̶o̶o̶m̶e̶r̶s̶ millenials
Every time I see some tragedy on the news or on twitter,I don't care,even if It's happened in my neighbourhood and to someone who I knew.I just don't feel sad.
Meanwhile I see people crying after shootings and massacres.Why?How does this affect them in any way?Most of them knew none of the victims,yet they feel so strongly about their deaths.I don't understand how someone can be so empathetic to a person they never even knew.
My theory is that they're doing it for social points,to seem more loving and empathetic,than they actually are.I feel that it's about their ego,not the victims.
(which thinking back,is worse than being honest and saying that you don't care)

• +1
Reactions: Peachy, Supreme Gentleman, LowTierNormie and 3 others
It’s kinda like when you see those starving african kids on TV while eating. You just don’t give a shit lmao. I agree OP.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: chadpreetcel123, Vitruvian, Deleted member 1560 and 6 others
It’s kinda like when you see those starving african kids on TV while eating. You just don’t give a shit lmao. I agree OP.
exactly,bro.I feel nothing,since I lack an attachment to them.

Most people are detached from these events as it involves people you do not know and sometimes places you have never been. You're right, the feigned reaction that prominent people put on is merely a publicity stunt to appear more caring and empathetic. Generally, on the inside they feel nothing at all. Every day, on average of 149 people kill themselves. If you tell a few people this statistic, they will be completely unaffected by this news, despite it being a greater number of people than those in the shootings.

You shouldn't be worried by how you don't feel anything from hearing how many people were shot and killed. Most people reciprocate this feeling of apathy.

• +1
Reactions: ChadFucksYourOneitis and Einon
Every time I see some tragedy on the news or on twitter,I don't care,even if It's happened in my neighbourhood and to someone who I knew.I just don't feel sad.
Meanwhile I see people crying after shootings and massacres.Why?How does this affect them in any way?Most of them knew none of the victims,yet they feel so strongly about their deaths.I don't understand how someone can be so empathetic to a person they never even knew.
My theory is that they're doing it for social points,to seem more loving and empathetic,than they actually are.I feel that it's about their ego,not the victims.
(which thinking back,is worse than being honest and saying that you don't care)
It’s better than 99% of virtue signalling normies who send thots and prayers and forget about it the next day.

• +1
Reactions: chadpreetcel123 and Einon
Empathy is all about projection, a branch of imagination. It's all about imagining what it's like in other people's shoes. There's really now way of knowing how someone feels and it's quite arrogant to say otherwise. People who tout empathy as a virtue are so smug tbh.

• +1
Reactions: Vitruvian and Einon
edgy teenager who thinks psychopath is cool

• +1
  • JFL
  • So Sad
Reactions: ChadFucksYourOneitis, chadpreetcel123, Krezo and 3 others
Yeah same I really don't give a fuck.

• +1
Reactions: Einon
in reality, no one cares if people wouldnt have motives

• +1
yeah, most people just like to virtue signal

• +1
Reactions: Einon and FaceandHFD
edgy teenager who thinks psychopath is cool
lol no.I've passed that phase,I was just genuenly interested in what others here think.
(but I do see how the title looks fucking gay,it just sounded cooler)

lol no.I've passed that phase,I was just genuenly interested in what others here think.
(but I do see how the title looks fucking gay)
i am not sad at all too. like virginia tech and all those things.
my mom seems to be really sympathizing though.

• +1
reasks me

• Hmm...
snakes me

• Hmm...
MOSHED 2019 4 17 22 18 11

When people get hurt normal people feel bad. its not virtual signaling

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: chadpreetcel123, DidntRead, toolateforme and 2 others
When people get hurt normal people feel bad. its not virtual signaling
How do they get hurt?They had 0 connection with the people getting hurt.

Nobody actually cares. If they cared they wouldn't post about it on social media to get likes. Everyone is a virtue signalling cunt and the only person who has cried over stupid shit that doesn't affect them like a shooting or an earthquake is an over sensitive wet wipes on her period

• +1
How do they get hurt?They had 0 connection with the people getting hurt.

This me when i see other people have it bad and they dont deserve it i feel pity for them and feel a bit sad

• +1
Your just high IQ.Why should the world stop because some people get killed when this happens all the time,also normies may virtue signal to get social approval not caring about the victims at all.

• +1
Your just high IQ.Why should the world stop because some people get killed when this happens all the time,also normies may virtue signal to get social approval not caring about the victims at all.
Sir your avi is making pee pee hard

• Woah
Empathy is a meme

I’ve been reinforcing myself to not feel empathy.

When I cared about other people, my life still sucked. So fuck other people. Giving a shit about them in no way benefited me. If anything being selfless made my life worse

Virtue signaling. If u tell them they are gonna increase taxes to help Africans everyone would rage, as they do for immigrants

Users who are viewing this thread

Back