Implants material {help}

Cinnamonzito

Cinnamonzito

Iron
I will do facial custom implants (depending on the answers on this thread) in infraorbital/zygo and jaw angle. I have to choose between two manufacturers...
Promm: They use Uhwmpe

Cpmh: They use Pmma orthopedic cement

I want to know which material is safer, better, and causes less (or none) bone resorption and erosion.

🙏

• +1
Reactions: NZb6Air, truthhurts and Linus1888
I have no clue, but bump and good luck on your journey

• +1
Reactions: truthhurts
I will do facial custom implants (depending on the answers on this thread) in infraorbital/zygo and jaw angle. I have to choose between two manufacturers...

I want to know which material is safer, better, and causes less (or none) bone resorption and erosion.

🙏
ask ur doc about the pros and cons of these materials then form ur own opinion bhai:feelsokman:

🙏
Bump

@RealSurgerymax
How about you choose Giant Implants. They use Titanium.

Im from Brazil :forcedsmile:. His patients says good things about him and posts results on instagram with details.
I see, I guess you are quite lucky in this regard, there's a lot of good affordable surgeons in Brazil

how are you going to handle the planning of the implants?

I see, I guess you are quite lucky in this regard, there's a lot of good affordable surgeons in Brazil

how are you going to handle the planning of the implants?
Doctor said I will participate in the planning. It will be me, the doc, and a virtual engineer on a video call planning the implants.

I will ask the doc if its better to wait to make implants, because I'll do bimax too. I'm afraid that the maxila plates would get in the way of a good zigo implant design.

• +1
Reactions: Giorgio
Doctor said I will participate in the planning. It will be me, the doc, and a virtual engineer on a video call planning the implants.
I asked because usually the surgeons themselves are not that good at planning the aesthetics of the implant
do you trust that this guy is? or does he have before afters that make you think he is good at it?
this is the reason why giant implants even took off, it's this the glaring hole in the market

I asked because usually the surgeons themselves are not that good at planning the aesthetics of the implant
do you trust that this guy is? or does he have before afters that make you think he is good at it?
this is the reason why giant implants even took off, it's this the glaring hole in the market
What makes me trust the implant design is that a virtual engineer from the manufacturer chosen will be with us.

• +1
What makes me trust the implant design is that a virtual engineer from the manufacturer chosen will be with us.
right, but he's there to make sure the implant can be manufactured properly, and not to discuss the ins and outs of aesthetics no?

right, but he's there to make sure the implant can be manufactured properly, and not to discuss the ins and outs of aesthetics no?
Maybe, I'll try to help as much as possible to make the design good. I'll post the designs here so people can help.

• +1
@RealSurgerymax

I saw u follow Cpmh on insta, even said good things about their design and etc

Whats your opinion on them only using Pmma cement on custom implants?

Would Uhwmpe be better?