Important Points on UV Exposure and Sun Protection

deepweb1298

deepweb1298

Gold
Done a previous thread on LRP's new SPF with it's reformulation including Mexoryl 400 which protects against 380-400nm UV wavelength:

I found a dermatology paper done by some of the scientists who do have a conflict of interest as having worked directly with LRP and L'Oreal but i found a lot of great points:

I've taken some notes from the paper.

UVA1 = 340-400nm
UVA2 = 320–340 nm
LRP also define the 380-400nm wavelengths as Ultra-Long UVA.
  • While UVB and UVA2 penetrate superficial skin layers, down to the basal layer of the epidermis, long-wave UVA1 can penetrate deeper, into the dermis, and VL and infrared radiation deeper still, reaching the hypodermis.
  • UVB induces a direct effect on melanocytes and leads to the activation of the p53 protein in keratinocytes. This protein binds to the pro-opiomelanocortin promoter, responsible for production of α-melanocyte-stimulating hormone, which in turn induces pigmentation.

• Dark skin is more prone to skin pigmentation, melasma, and post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation, while light skin is more prone to sunburn, DNA damage, skin cancer, photoaging, and solar lentigo.
  • While UVA1 is less energetic than UVB, importantly, pointed out Passeron, it represents a huge proportion of the UV light people receive, is constant throughout the day, regardless of the season, and can penetrate through windows, so people can be chronically exposed to it.
  • Gene expression studies show that in fibroblasts and keratinocytes, a number of genes are modulated by UVA1 exposure, including the upregulation of genes linked to inflammation and the downregulation of genes linked to antiviral and antimicrobial defense.
  • VL in the high energy blue/violet spectrum (around 415 nm) has a role in hyperpigmentation in darker skin (phototypes IV–VI).

• It is recommended that sunscreen use should be regular even on cloudy days, applied every 2–3 hours or after water immersion, and used at a volume of around 2 mg/cm.
  • VL is important in skin pigmentation development in phototypes IV−VI
  • There are a number of UV filters available in sunscreens, but while most screen out UVB, with some also blocking UVA2, currently only one screens the 380−400 nm spectrum of UVA1 (Figure 1): the filter MCE, often known as Mexoryl 400.
  • One in vitro study showed that the number of fibroblasts remaining following UVA1 exposure was significantly higher with an MCE-containing formulation compared with a classic sunscreen formulation that had no UVA1 protection

Screenshot 2022 05 04 at 204524

Screenshot 2022 05 04 at 204651

See how Mexoryl 400 is literally the only 1 that protects against the 380-400nm UV wavelengths.
Most if not all SPF's nowadays include the Titanium / Zinc Oxide ingredients which is what i thought gave you pretty much all the protection i need. But obviously these ingredients have poor coverage of 380-400nm range which Mexoryl 400 covers.

• It is advised to seek shade, wear photoprotective clothing, and apply a broad-spectrum sunscreen with SPF30+.
  • In particular for those with solar urticaria and cutaneous porphyrias, a tinted or coloured sunscreen is recommended to help to protect against the sun’s effect.
  • Protection against VL can occur through shielding with products containing titanium dioxide or red, black, or yellow iron oxides.While people with phototypes I–III usually do not need VL protection, Passeron discussed how this is needed by those who have a variety of dermato logical conditions, including melasma, acne marks, actinic lentigo, post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation, or blue light sensitivity.
  • For people with acne, it is known that blue and red waves of light can help to inhibit Cutibacterium acnes-associated inflammation.14 However, UVA and UVB can induce dysbiosis and UVA exposure can lead to epidermal thickening. Accordingly, a UVA/UVB sunscreen that is noncomedogenic and does not interfere with topical acne medication is recommended for those with acne.26 As rosacea can be triggered by UV light and heat via a number of different cell pathways, daily use of a broad-spectrum, SPF30+ sunscreen can help to protect against these triggers.

Takeaways for me would be:
  • Going to buy the tinted version of the AntHelios UVmune 400.
  • 365 days a year SPF.
  • Wearing sun protective clothing more like wide brimed hats.
  • Be more diligent on my red light therapy.
  • LRP has a patented ingredient which is the only one on the market that protects against the 380-400nm UV wavelength.
  • UVA specifically legit destroys your skin. All the users posting threads about how good getting sun is are legit retards. JFL at anyone going to tanning beds, using tanning oils. :lul::lul::lul::lul:

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: Deleted member 8771, ChristianChad, Chadethnic101 and 14 others
Done a previous thread on LRP's new SPF with it's reformulation including Mexoryl 400 which protects against 380-400nm UV wavelength:

I found a dermatology paper done by some of the scientists who do have a conflict of interest as having worked directly with LRP and L'Oreal but i found a lot of great points:

I've taken some notes from the paper.

UVA1 = 340-400nm
UVA2 = 320–340 nm
LRP also define the 380-400nm wavelengths

• Wearing sun protective clothing more like wide brimed hats.

I already do both of these

• +1
Reactions: deepweb1298
good high iq thread from op

• +1
Reactions: deepweb1298
@Julius keep barking for we sunscreeners

"Muh natural vitamin D"

Are you miring my PROZIS® vitamin D supplements? I get more vitamin D than you can produce after exposing under the sun three times a day, all without destroying a single nucletide of my DNA due to UVA.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
  • Ugh..
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS, Wallenberg, HQNPmaxxing and 9 others
JFL at anyone going to tanning beds, using tanning oils. :lul::lul::lul::lul:
id rather live a good life tanned then be slightly wrinkly at 40 like a normal person

than live a shit life pale but have "smooth" skin at 40

suppose it depends if ur pheno/face NEEDS tan or not to look good

• +1
Reactions: Corleone, PURE ARYAN GENETICS, Chadethnic101 and 2 others
id rather live a good life tanned then be slightly wrinkly at 40 like a normal person

than live a shit life pale but have "smooth" skin at 40

suppose it depends if ur pheno/face NEEDS tan or not to look good
disagree sun exposure damage will show even at late 20s and your 30s in which you are still probably in the dating market. Having youthful skin in the long run mogs using tanning beds to get a better colouring.

But you do you, this doesnt apply to me since im asian so tanning is a death sentence since i hyperpigment unlike whites

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8771, Danish_Retard, ChristianChad and 6 others
Have been using this it's good suscreen
order from french pharmacies for best prices

I never go outside so all good

• +1
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS, Daniel Plainview and Deleted member 17829
Shit thread

Average joe and amnesia tan all the time and skin mog all the younger users

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Daniel Plainview, Deleted member 17244 and Deleted member 17829
Shit thread

Average joe and amnesia tan all the time and skin mog all the younger users
So since you worship chads on this forum you dont wear spf

Lol at your low iq

Water thread but yes sunscreen is good

Over if you don’t have zinc oxide in it tho

• +1
Reactions: Toth's thot
So since you worship chads on this forum you dont wear spf

Lol at your low iq
Tan >>> looking good in 40s

I also tan and look younger than my age

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 17829

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: ChristianChad, PURE ARYAN GENETICS and thereallegend

That may be the case my argument would be that even if you are in winter months it doesnt do any harm to have spf on. It also creates a routine for you that will increase the consistency of use. If you miss it no big deal but obviously needed as the months get warmer.

Btw it also states that for people with photosensitive skin that you should wear spf 365 days a year. I have photosensitive skin so regardless if uv index is 1 or 11 i will lather on the spf.

TL;DR still gonna wear spf 365 days a year

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad and thereallegend
what level of SPF? does this thred apply if i rot in my room all day?

I use that combo LRP moisturizer with 30SPF protection. Legit the only sunscreen that doesn't leave your face flaky, dry, and painted like a clown. Only downside is that it'll fuck your eyes up if applied too close so I just keep my hats low and apply regular Pond's moisturizer around my eyes.

disagree sun exposure damage will show even at late 20s and your 30s in which you are still probably in the dating market. Having youthful skin in the long run mogs using tanning beds to get a better colouring.

But you do you, this doesnt apply to me since im asian so tanning is a death sentence since i hyperpigment unlike whites
I'm already brown so no need for more colour lol

I have some fine wrinkles under my eyes from smiling laughing etc
U reckon applying retin a under there will help?

I've avoided applying g there for fat pad loss but debating if that's a bit of a meme
What u think bro?

I'm already brown so no need for more colour lol

I have some fine wrinkles under my eyes from smiling laughing etc
U reckon applying retin a under there will help?

I've avoided applying g there for fat pad loss but debating if that's a bit of a meme
What u think bro?
i think its too strong for under eye, need something less irritating probably. I might try this one out:

Pretty expensive but skinbetter is a pretty good known brand. It has a lighter retinoid in it for the eye area.

• +1
Reactions: Chadethnic101
i think its too strong for under eye, need something less irritating probably. I might try this one out:

Pretty expensive but skinbetter is a pretty good known brand. It has a lighter retinoid in it for the eye area.
So you wouldnt recommend 0.025% retin a aka the weakest level there?
Rest of my face I use 0.5%

seems like overkill to me :feelshmm:
So you wouldnt recommend 0.025% retin a aka the weakest level there?
Rest of my face I use 0.5%
you will permanently damage your eyes

• +1
Reactions: Tobias Fünke and Chadethnic101
who cares if you get bit wrinkly in older ages lmao, tan still looks 10 times better

use tretinoin on non summer time, build up sun tolerance and tan slowly using melanotan sparingly during summer and wear SPF 365 days.

not rocket science.

who cares if you get bit wrinkly in older ages lmao, tan still looks 10 times better

use tretinoin on non summer time, build up sun tolerance and tan slowly using melanotan sparingly during summer and wear SPF 365 days.

not rocket science.
I use retin a all year round even in summer tbh

I am already brown no need for a tan

Be more diligent on my red light therapy.
why exactly? I didnt see any part on your thread where it said something about red light (I skimmed through it)

• +1
Reactions: Dunkelheit and Lawton88
bump on this thread

why exactly? I didnt see any part on your thread where it said something about red light (I skimmed through it)
yeah mb that was a separate thread i made:

It was just a reminder to me to be more diligent with skincare stuff

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad