Is cardio really bad for collagen?

D

Deleted member 3681

Silver
i've been doing cardio lately and notice that my skin coloring is much better and smoothier as well

• JFL
  • Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: TsarTsar444, OOGABOOGA and SkinjobCatastrophe
Extended periods can spike cortisol and cause aging and blood vessel thinning, depriving the skin of nutrients and inflamming it.

But cardio vascular health also helps skin. I think do the absolute minimum to meet ur caloric deficit. I look at the skins of long distance runners and its ogre as fuck. The women and men alike. They look wrinkly. No thanks.

Create your deficit through diet and keep cardio to a minimum or its over for you

• +1
Reactions: j05, mewcoper and OOGABOOGA
I would focus more on high-intensity type cardio like sprints 1-2x per week. Other than that you don't need much. Even just going for walks is good enough to stay relatively healthy.

• +1
Reactions: OOGABOOGA
yes, but keep doing it if it makes you feel better

• +1
Reactions: OOGABOOGA
Ive never seen any good data on it. I think one element that is often overlooked is that people who do lots of cardio typically spend more time outside so of course they will experience sun aging. But I have never seen any evidence that cardio alone can be damaging to collagen

• +1
Reactions: niggersodomizer69, Deleted member 11758, Deleted member 14571 and 1 other person
Makes your face loose and saggy over time not recommended

How can cardio cause bad collagen lmao, maybe the cortisol from very painful cardio can disrupt collagen synthesis but other then that idk

• Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 13787