Is it time for me to hop on tretinoin?

Amadeus

Amadeus

Basically trying to figure out if I need to use something stronger or if retinoids are just not the fix to my problem, like if the acne is hormonal or something

I’ve been using retinol for around 4 months now, gradually increasing frequency where I’m at once per night now, yet I still have the same amount of acne. Everything else should be right, moisturizer before and after and sunscreen in the morning

If you are not using the strongest concentration of tretinoin available, you are fucking up. Start with .02 or .05 then work your way up to .01 over a couple months.

• +1
Reactions: Amadeus
I started using tretinoin with zero previous history with any retinoids in June. I used up one 0,025 tube, one 0,05 tube, both in 1,5 months each and now I am on 0,1% strength tretinoin. I use it on my face, neck and back of the hands. I always considered my skin more sensitive, than not, but surprisingly I was not that irritated by tretinoin. Some moderate peeling only started with the 0,1% tret. Now I apply it every 3rd night. I also started to have a skincare routine. Cold water rinse, moisturizer and sunscreen in the morning. Preferably reapply sunscreen at least once during the day. Cleanser, tretinoin and moisturizer in the evening. I also suffered from adult acnes, which are mostly gone thanks to tret. And after these 4-5 months of use, I think I started noticing the anti-aging effect too. God given, really. Tret + skincare is in the top 5 looksmaxxer advice, you can get from this forum, backed up by a miriad of scientific data and evidence.

If I were you, I'd also read this wiki to get some more useful info on the topic.

• Love it
Reactions: Amadeus