Is Pagnoni a good alternative to Giant

I'm not gatekeeping. I don't know of other surgeons in Italy. I'm just saying it's not like people here have done extensive research into Italian maxillofacial and plastic surgeons and this was their conclusion. It's based on forum hype from teenagers who can barely think. Raffaini is definitely well known within the field of maxillofacial surgery, but go search for Ramieri or Pagnoni on jawsurgeryforums and you will see that there are zero mentions of them aside from people coming there from this forum in last couple years.
Yeah. There are probably tons of surgeons that are probably as good or even better than the three often mentioned on here.
I'm not saying they are bad surgeons. Maybe they are even the top surgeons in Italy. But just accepting it as a fact because a few kids had from this forum had surgery with them is stupid.
I think beyond a certain point, the competence of the surgeon does not really matter that much. At least for bimax, if you can get someone who is decently experienced, uses 3D planning (so you can be on the same page as the surgeon), uses custom plates )so the plan is followed and the risk of complications is minimized) and won't just ghost you if something goes wrong then you should be get the best possible result you could get provided that the plan is good. The rest is just luck tbh.
And why would a maxillofacial surgeon be the best for implants? It just happens that the three doctors in Italy who are best at implants are maxillofacial surgeons even though this is something that usually falls under the wheelhouse of plastic surgeons? Isn't it a little coincidental that most people go to these surgeons for bimax and then it just so happens that they are the best for implants?
Nah. For placing implants, pagnoni probably is a cut above the rest. Especially, for implants near the orbitals. Not that many surgeons have experience with this specific type of procedure. I'd argue it is worth going to pagnoni if you are getting implants with bimax. He is not as overpriced in that case.
They're most likely all using the same implant designers anyway.
Yeah I agree. That's why you can either get giant to design the implants for you and design it with the surgeon yourself. And they may be using the same designers but you have to understand that placement is just as important. For example, a badly placed peek implant will poke through your skin and look unnatural af.
Search for Italian plastic surgeons and see how many hundreds if not thousands of names you can find. You think this forum narrowed down from those hundreds or just accepted the first few safe choices as "top 3 in Italy."
There is one other factor that you are overlooking. Because there are so many people on here and other places online who have gone to these surgeons, it is much easier to vet them. This is harder to do with less known surgeons. They may be excellent at what they do but it is hard to discern this from a few consultations. Ideally, you need to speak to many previous patients to figure out if they are the real deal.

• +1
Reactions: haus33