Is rowing effective to acheive an athletic physique

B

bigcount303

Iron
So I am a sophomore in high school, and do not play any sports, I am skinny fat ~25% bf, and do not have a good frame, I cycle a lot but besides that am sedentary. Lots of my friends row for a club, which entails running, minimal resistance training and lifting, and mostly machine rowing or on-the-water rowing. Now my question is, would doing rowing, which is a 3-hour practice that contains all of these elements and 5 days a week, combined with a calorie deficit contribute to an athletic physique, with my current body type? I'll list examples of the physique I want below.

yes maybe over time but the best way to achieve a better physique is resistance training. sports are honestly cope for getting a good physique, they'll keep you 'in shape' but if your wanting to make an actual difference, just hit the gym

• +1
Reactions: retardpill
yes maybe over time but the best way to achieve a better physique is resistance training. sports are honestly cope for getting a good physique, they'll keep you 'in shape' but if your wanting to make an actual difference, just hit the gym
your prob right, just hate the gym so much, so boring compared to sports

So I am a sophomore in high school, and do not play any sports, I am skinny fat ~25% bf, and do not have a good frame, I cycle a lot but besides that am sedentary. Lots of my friends row for a club, which entails running, minimal resistance training and lifting, and mostly machine rowing or on-the-water rowing. Now my question is, would doing rowing, which is a 3-hour practice that contains all of these elements and 5 days a week, combined with a calorie deficit contribute to an athletic physique, with my current body type? I'll list examples of the physique I want below.
View attachment 3198930View attachment 3198936
Might work if you do it for 5 years or smt but the gym would be a way better option, and if you're going to have this lifestyle just prioritize lean protein

• +1
Reactions: bigcount303
My dad was a proffesional rower when he was around 19,20 and he said that was his prime physique. And yes, rowing builds a great physique

sports i've been in usually have you strength train in the gym but i agree