Is stronglifts 5 x 5 a good programme?

Deleted member 18012

Deleted member 18012

@FailedNormieManlet it's simple and intuitive to increase strength systematically by compound lifts but I need input from someone who did it.

Is it worth following to improve strength levels as a bridge course before progressing to something else if im a noob?

• +1
Reactions: Jason Voorhees, thecel and FailedNormieManlet
@FailedNormieManlet it's simple and intuitive to increase strength systematically by compound lifts but I need input from someone who did it.

Is it worth following to improve strength levels as a bridge course before progressing to something else if im a noob?
How long have you been lifting and what are your goals? I’ve done stronglifts before

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: thecel and Deleted member 18012
How long have you been lifting and what are your goals? I’ve done stronglifts before
2 weeks
I want to gain a lot of muscle mass initially. my strength is fine for a beginner but my form is pretty bad and doing too many exercises in a single workout isn't working for me

• +1
Reactions: thecel and FailedNormieManlet
2 weeks
I want to gain a lot of muscle mass initially. my strength is fine for a beginner but my form is pretty bad and doing too many exercises in a single workout isn't working for me
What are your lifts and bodyweight?

• +1
58kg
for reference I can do 48-56 kg lat pulldown 3 sets of 15 reps comfortably
nigga what is your bench press, squat, OHP and deadlift. Fuck latpull down

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: thecel, Broski, tyronelite and 1 other person
  • +1
  • Woah
nigga what is your bench press, squat, OHP and deadlift. Fuck latpull down
I don't know, I tried squatting with empty bar 20kg and that's it it was extremely easy. Barely tried comp. Lifts

• +1
Reactions: thecel
I've heard it doesn't matter that much what program you pick as a new lifter. Just that you have to be consistent and do compound movements

• +1
I don't know, I tried squatting with empty bar 20kg and that's it it was extremely easy
Okay.

So with stronglifts, personally.

It is shit for aesthetics. You will have huge legs and under-developed upper body. Like it is stupid squatting everytime you go gym. But it will make you stronger for sure.

If you want aesthetics run reddit PPL or run greyskull LP

• +1
Reactions: thecel, GymCelNeckPill and Deleted member 18012
Okay.

So with stronglifts, personally.

It is shit for aesthetics. You will have huge legs and under-developed upper body. Like it is stupid squatting everytime you go gym. But it will make you stronger for sure.

If you want aesthetics run reddit PPL or run greyskull LP
Thanks
I'll start with greyskull lp
how much mass do you think is a feasible to pack on in say 3 months on that plan and increase 500-1000 cal intake? 58 to 63-65 without much fat gain?

• +1
Reactions: thecel and FailedNormieManlet
Thanks
I'll start with greyskull lp
how much mass do you think is a feasible to pack on in say 3 months on that plan and increase 500-1000 cal intake? 58 to 63-65 without much fat gain?
Your first gains aren't going to be muscle gains, it's going to be neurological as you train your CNS to be more effective. Don't go on a huge bulk like that. Bulk to 15% and cut to 12%, repeat.

• Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 18012
5×5 is a clump of feces

Lifefuel ascension
there was a better meme

Last edited:
  • JFL
  • JFL
Your first gains aren't going to be muscle gains, it's going to be neurological as you train your CNS to be more effective. Don't go on a huge bulk like that. Bulk to 15% and cut to 12%, repeat.
(y)

• +1
Reactions: FailedNormieManlet and thecel
Stronglifts is awful, there's simply not enough volume to stimulate good amounts of muscle growth. It's also incredibly goofy to prescribe working in a 5 rep range to noobs who should be using lighter weight and focusing on improving their form and mind muscle connection above all else. My other major gripe with it is that even if volume was equal, training more times a week instead of a measly 3 will always be better. Because you will be accumulating much less fatigue during each session and therefore be able to perform way better on most of your sets.

I recommend starting with a PPL program. It's the classic and it is the go to for most legit lifters, or at least was during their beginning years of lifting. Because it works.

Stronglifts puts a lot of people off of lifting because they barely see results and it completely sucks the fun out of it. What makes lifting exciting and worthwhile is actually seeing results. If that doesn't happen during your first few months it's very unlikely you will stick with it

• +1
Reactions: thecel, FailedNormieManlet, Jason Voorhees and 1 other person
5X5 is poo.

• JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: thecel, Deleted member 18340 and Deleted member 18012
Personally I only gained strength in 5 x5. Not a lot of muscle hypertrophy. If that's what you are after then yes. 5 x5 is great

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 18340, FailedNormieManlet and Deleted member 18012

I have done powerlifting before ...and the programme youre doing is good for strength if that's what you need ..however your body definition will not exactly be there ...I worked out with powerlifters who did this programme they were either chubby looking or skinny ..but don't let looks decieve you ..their lifts were very heavy ...this is why I incorporated best of both worlds and divided my week into 3 days -bodybuilding more focused on reps .and . 3 days powerlifting -heavy as possible with 5 reps max sometimes even 1 if I'm trying to beat my previous lift ..and then I was kicked out from the gym for threatening some bully seniors ..I do bodyweight at home now

• +1
Reactions: FailedNormieManlet and Deleted member 18012
I have done powerlifting before ...and the programme youre doing is good for strength if that's what you need ..however your body definition will not exactly be there ...I worked out with powerlifters who did this programme they were either chubby looking or skinny ..but don't let looks decieve you ..their lifts were very heavy ...this is why I incorporated best of both worlds and divided my week into 3 days -bodybuilding more focused on reps .and . 3 days powerlifting -heavy as possible with 5 reps max sometimes even 1 if I'm trying to beat my previous lift ..and then I was kicked out from the gym for threatening some bully seniors ..I do bodyweight at home now
JFL tell us how you bullied and give the story

JFL tell us how you bullied and give the story
I didn't 'bully' them ..more like they were the ones who came at me an expected me to bend myself like the other juniors ..they didn't expect it and I even said ' you guys seem like you want some fight let's go outside shall we ?' they realised they fucked with the wrong person .it was a municipality gym so it was free for people in the neighbourhood ..the thing is the man who ran the gym liked me very much plus being the autist I was , I minded my own business did my lifts and went home ...so the guys who I threatened they felt huniliated plus they had some connections so they blackmailed the guy saying 'if you don't kick out that guy , we 'll do everything to close this gym' and so next day when I came the owner said 'see I don't want to leave you but these people are saying all this stuff I'm sorry you are not allowed here anymore ' ..I was expecting this tbh so I said 'its okay sir '..he then wished me good luck ..right now I'm working at home with 40kilos of weights ..honestly it feels light af so I have to do more reps

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 18012 and FailedNormieManlet
I didn't 'bully' them ..more like they were the ones who came at me an expected me to bend myself like the other juniors ..they didn't expect it and I even said ' you guys seem like you want some fight let's go outside shall we ?' they realised they fucked with the wrong person .it was a municipality gym so it was free for people in the neighbourhood ..the thing is the man who ran the gym liked me very much plus being the autist I was , I minded my own business did my lifts and went home ...so the guys who I threatened they felt huniliated plus they had some connections so they blackmailed the guy saying 'if you don't kick out that guy , we 'll do everything to close this gym' and so next day when I came the owner said 'see I don't want to leave you but these people are saying all this stuff I'm sorry you are not allowed here anymore ' ..I was expecting this tbh so I said 'its okay sir '..he then wished me good luck ..right now I'm working at home with 40kilos of weights ..honestly it feels light af so I have to do more reps
wdym they wanted you to bend to their will? Older bengali men who have powerful connections do this at mosque, they'll argue with people for no reason because they can get away with it

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 18340
wdym they wanted you to bend to their will? Older bengali men who have powerful connections do this at mosque, they'll argue with people for no reason because they can get away with it
They wanted me to change my timings ..just cause they want the whole gym to themselves ..I had never seen them before and I was in the gym for 2 years ..now all of a sudden they come in recently and order all the juniors that 'you guys shouldn't be seen when we come here .change your time ' I didn't agree with their bs and hence the rest of it you know

• +1
Reactions: FailedNormieManlet
They wanted me to change my timings ..just cause they want the whole gym to themselves ..I had never seen them before and I was in the gym for 2 years ..now all of a sudden they come in recently and order all the juniors that 'you guys shouldn't be seen when we come here .change your time ' I didn't agree with their bs and hence the rest of it you know
wow what pricks, how old are they? JFL you offered to fight them too, what did they react like? I am surprised you didn't get jumped or anything though

So what is the absolute best program to follow if I want insane aesthetics but don’t care about strength or looking like a bodybuilder. I just want an insane chisel

wow what pricks, how old are they? JFL you offered to fight them too, what did they react like? I am surprised you didn't get jumped or anything though
Bro I look very masc and muscular plus I was also MMA maxxed .. I have a very good build so they didn't fuck with me I guess judging by my build ...those guys were late 20s to beginning 30s..this was me from that time

Attachments

• 1650428995800.jpg
    1650428995800.jpg
    398.5 KB · Views: 0
  • +1
Bro I look very masc and muscular plus I was also MMA maxxed .. I have a very good build so they didn't fuck with me I guess judging by my build ...those guys were late 20s to beginning 30s..this was me from that time
I see, damn you looked strong af dude. Major respect for offering to kick their asses JFL, I bet they were so humiliated by it

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 18340
I see, damn you looked strong af dude. Major respect for offering to kick their asses JFL, I bet they were so humiliated by it
I don't like being rude to people unnecessarily ..but too many douchebags out there who expect people to bend to their will ..wrong person they fucked with that day ...

• +1
I don't like being rude to people unnecessarily ..but too many douchebags out there who expect people to bend to their will ..wrong person they fucked with that day ...
yes I think this a south asian thing bro. Many older powerful bengalis will fuck with junior people to fuel their ego. I am left alone for the most part, but whenever a fight breaks out in bengali community it is almost like a war at times because everyone's family becomes involved

yes I think this a south asian thing bro. Many older powerful bengalis will fuck with junior people to fuel their ego. I am left alone for the most part, but whenever a fight breaks out in bengali community it is almost like a war at times because everyone's family becomes involved
It's a universal thing really ..this is why it's best to thugmaxx as much as possible not just for lookism's sake but so that when the time comes , you are able to fuck your enemy totally

• +1
It's a universal thing really ..this is why it's best to thugmaxd as much as possible not just for lookism's sake but so that when the time comes , you are able to fuck your enemy totally
for sure, do you think if you just said "no" to them and left it, they'd have tried to fight you?

for sure, do you think if you just said "no" to them and left it, they'd have tried to fight you?
I actually did say no ..at first ..I even tried being polite ..it was when they started being really rude and tried persuading me I snapped and told them ' it doesn't seem like you actually are just telling me ..it seems like you actually want a fight ..' so no it doesn't work

• Woah
I actually did say no ..at first ..I even tried being polite ..it was when they started being really rude and tried persuading me I snapped and told them ' it doesn't seem like you actually are just telling me ..it seems like you actually want a fight ..' so no it doesn't work
JFL you aren't as aspie as i thought bro. I think you might just be a locaitoncel in all honesty. They think they own the gym JFL, what fucking cunts.

I've been doing a PPL split and have gained from 59 to 67kg in 5 months, lean gains too. I'm 5'10. But have been eating 3500 calories.

• +1
JFL you aren't as aspie as i thought bro. I think you might just be a locaitoncel in all honesty. They think they own the gym JFL, what fucking cunts.
I'm aspie bro atleast a mild one ...atleast I think so ..do you know why ??I once insulted a girl so much on Facebook cause I thought she insulted me ...only when she told me ' I never said so read properly did I understand what she meant ' I've also embarrassed myself several times by taking people being friendly to me as being disrespectful ...and I tried to fight them for it JFL....I honestly cringe thinking about those times ..

I don't care about being a locationcel or anything ..women can detect autism from a mile away ..I have given up on losing virginity and dating tbh ...the only time I can act NT is when I'm drunk ..but it's not healthy and I haven't done in a year

Last edited:
  • +1
I'm aspie bro atleast a mild one ...atleast I think so ..do you know why ??I once insulted a girl so much on Facebook cause I thought she insulted me ...only when she told me ' I never said so read properly did I understand what she meant ' I've also embarrassed myself several times by taking people being friendly to me as being disrespectful ...and I tried to fight them for it JFL....I honestly cringe thinking about those times ..

I don't care about being a locationcel or anything ..women can detect autism from a mile away ..and I give that vibe ...the only time I can act NT is when I'm drunk ..but it's not healthy and I haven't done in a year
Bro at least you are self aware and understand you are making mistakes. Maybe there is hope for you :)

@FailedNormieManlet gibs me advice too brah

should I do stronglifts? Idk bout the other lifts, but my max bench is around 145 for 5 at 130-135 bw

I recommend starting with a PPL program.

PPL might be too much for some beginners.

Minimalist Mogger (MM) is a good routine for beginners who want to train for aesthetics only (not so much for strength). MM is a shoulder-focused routine.

2nd Version

Last edited:
@FailedNormieManlet gibs me advice too brah

should I do stronglifts? Idk bout the other lifts, but my max bench is around 145 for 5 at 130-135 bw
you strength mog me wtf

• Woah
Reactions: rand anon and thecel
PPL might be too much for some beginners.

Minimalist Mogger (MM) is a good routine for beginners who want to train for aesthetics only (not so much for strength).

View attachment 2100806

no ohp no read

• Hmm...
I'm assuming your gonna be staying a natural lifter so here

first two year's of training you will achieve 90% of your natural gain's after that transition to powerlifting 5x5 etc. for more size and much dense and thicker muscle fibre's.

if not natty then anything u touch at the gym u will become mr oylimpia

• JFL
no ohp no read

Arnold Press is a type of overhead press. People here critiqued the program by pointing out that the Arnold Press is worse than the standard dumbbell overhead press, so I’ll change Arnold Press to DB OHP in the MM program.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 23218